Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Leavitt struck player during halftime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 16, 2009, 09:09:43 PM

Deumig the idiot has Leavitt convicted, already. The hypocrit Deumig (DUI), of all people, should realize that the allegations need to be investigated before coming to conclusions.

imagine duimig creating controversy with his made up sources.  anything to avoid ripping raheem

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 16, 2009, 11:57:05 PM

Latest update on national level ....

Updated: December 16, 2009, 10:46 PM ET
USF's Miller says he was not harmed
By Joe Schad
ESPN

University of South Florida player Joel Miller said Wednesday night that allegations that he was inappropriately physically harmed by Coach Jim Leavitt at halftime of a November game are not true.

"I don't think anything should happen to him," Miller said. "Me and Coach Leavitt are fine. People can say different things but he only grabbed my shoulder pads to motivate me, because he's a passionate guy. He never apologized because he had nothing to apologize for"

USF is conducting an inquiry into allegations originally made Joel Miller's father, Paul, in an online report. Paul Miller has back tracked from original comments that alluded to contact Leavitt allegedly made with his son's neck and face.

"I believe that my family's story was misrepresented," Joel Miller said. "I told this to the school when they interviewed me for a half-hour or hour on Tuesday. Basically, I wasn't having a good game on special teams and he tried to motivate me. He [Leavitt] never did any of those things and he never has that I've seen. I had some things on my mind because my Grandfather had died the day before. Coach Leavitt cares about me. We talk all the time."

Miller, a special teams contributor to the Bulls, said he practiced on Wednesday and plans to remain with USF.

"It's been real hard especially on my family," Miller said. "But my plan is to stay and play here."

Leavitt and Miller's father Paul, who declined to comment Wednesday, all spoke with a member of the school's human resources department as well as an external expert on workplace relations.

A school spokesman said the plan is to complete a thorough inquiry as quickly as possible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4749780

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : December 17, 2009, 08:31:25 AM

Wow. This idiot needs to go.......surprised he didn't get his butt kicked by any of the players....

curious if you want to change your tune with today's news of the Miller family denial.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 17, 2009, 10:40:41 AM

Maybe this McMurphy guy is a Seminoles fan? They're a bit paranoid right now. They're already down to the 3rd most relevant school in the state, and a few more awful seasons and USF could pass them up. If he starts writing hack jobs about UF and Miami, look out ;)

In all seriousness, this crap is ridiculous. Major news sources need to stop running with what they hear from blogs. If they do, and it turns out to be a load of crap like this one, they need to be suspended or fired. DUImeg needs to go. I wanted Gruden gone and I'm okay with giving Raheem one more season, but even I couldn't stand to hear him talk. It's like Gruden was Satan himself and every 2 minutes he had some "breaking news story from an anonymous player in the locker room who claimed Gruden left the seat up and caused him to fall in." It's like TMZ, except even they know better than to release their trash before confirming that it's actually true.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jim Leavitt struck player during halftime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools