Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep White and trade Rice please « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
: March 02, 2007, 08:45:03 AM

That is true dbucfan but Wyms generated a sack in five straight games starting at undertackle last year with Booger departing.  During that time span Rice did very little and Spires was MIA.  Wyms was showing he was an effective undertackle before sustaining a serious ankle injury.  Wyms explosiveness was never the same after that ankle injury.  Rice had it worse as he had a shoulder and stomach injury both areas of the body you need for explosiveness as well.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 02, 2007, 08:39:02 AM

EVEN WITH RICE THE BUCS DONT HAVE PASS RUSHING ON THE EDGE

Does anyone else see it? Or is everyone blinded by the past?
  A big part of the lack of pass rush is the complete lack of push let alone penetration by the bucs DTs.  Not saying anything about Simeon, but until the DTs can stop opposing qbs from stepping up in the pocket the DEs work with at huge disadvantage.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 02, 2007, 04:10:01 AM

Gruden's Corner so what he got 3 sacks on 3rd down so who cares. The man has put up 14 sacks his entire career if he was so good wouldn't he put up more? Rice put up 14 sacks 2 years ago. I like White but he is just not worth $5 million. Last year as a starter by default because of Rice being on IR he still didn't put up any big numbers. I would say maybe give him $3.5 million a year at the most. We just got out of cap hell and we don't need to go back into by giving $5 million to a career backup.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : March 02, 2007, 03:15:48 AM

If he stays, I also hope he can rekindle his fire. Dont see it happening and tehse days I think he is given too much credit and everyone lets him rest on his laurels. I dont think he deserves his money, and the main reason I have a problem is because this team needs improvement from both DE spots in the pass rush department. Rice, when healthy, is not getting the job done.

Keep White 5 mil per year is a bargain these days. I believe SPIRES MADE IN THE AREA OF 5 MIL THIS YEAR ANYWAYS

Your an idiot.

#4 : March 01, 2007, 11:04:06 PM

If this team lets a guy like Dewayne White go for 5 mil per year who WANTS TO PLAY HERE, and continues to pay Simeon Rice the final year of his ridiculous contract I am going to really be pszd at Gruden. I'm as objective as it comes when it comes to defending Gruden, I try to give the man credit in a lot of places where I think he is being shorted.

I cant understand people who watch this team, and insist that Rice doesnt get manhandled often aside from other issues like...age, contract, being a disgruntled employee all the time.

All the while Dewayne White atleast keeps me wanting to see more every time he's on the field.

Then you factor in other variables that you have to take into account like age difference, pay difference (I had no idea White was only asking for 5 mil per season), and whether they want to play here

You can post links to articles that speak of Rice's workout regime. Tell me how great he was for this franchise (I know). Tell me he is an entertaining personality. You aren't going to convince me that what I am seeing on sundays is different than what it is

kennard19

Starter
#5 : March 01, 2007, 11:06:03 PM

I would love to keep White. I think he has what it takes. Pay the man his money. He makes big plays. He kicked the crap out of W.jones. Lets go Gruden!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 01, 2007, 11:07:31 PM

White is alright, a Johnny on the Spot guy. 

But unless the Bucs get another D-lineman of some impact, you gotta keep Rice, and White becomes a footnote.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 01, 2007, 11:10:00 PM

As much as I like White's playmaking ability, he can't hold a candle to Rice. The last thing you would want for that D is to lose its best pass rusher. Heck, even with Rice and White, the Bucs still don't have pass rushing depth on the edges.

#8 : March 01, 2007, 11:13:39 PM

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 01, 2007, 11:14:44 PM

I think everyone knows how I feel about this no need to rehash it here. :D :D :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 01, 2007, 11:15:24 PM

He was injured last year, injured even while playing, until he had enough of the season (probably) and his nagging injury.

But the man is still a factor on the edge.  I hope.

#11 : March 01, 2007, 11:19:03 PM

If he stays, I also hope he can rekindle his fire. Dont see it happening and tehse days I think he is given too much credit and everyone lets him rest on his laurels. I dont think he deserves his money, and the main reason I have a problem is because this team needs improvement from both DE spots in the pass rush department. Rice, when healthy, is not getting the job done.

Keep White 5 mil per year is a bargain these days. I believe SPIRES MADE IN THE AREA OF 5 MIL THIS YEAR ANYWAYS

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : March 01, 2007, 11:20:45 PM

White is good imo, but not 5 million a year good

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 01, 2007, 11:25:10 PM

That's why I said that even with both Rice and White, the Bucs were still lacking on the edge. That's why the best case scenario would be for the Bucs to hold on to White and sign Chukwurah and draft a DE day 1. That would be a very nice rotation with Rice, White, Chukwurah, and day 1 DE.

kennard19

Starter
#14 : March 01, 2007, 11:25:30 PM

One of several Bucs potential free agents, White said this afternoon that his agent is still trying to hammer out a new contract with the team and that his future may not be known until the midnight deadline.

“It’s 50-50 right now, that’s what my agent’s telling me,” White said.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep White and trade Rice please « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools