Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what is the truth about Meyer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 06, 2010, 04:19:55 PM

Here you go Mojo!

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4782723

How come you never get a straight answer from a gator fan? Is it just endemic to lie constantly or shoot the messenger?

Thanks!

Sounds to me like panic attacks.  How weak is that?

Which would be a perfectly logical response to the situation but then you ask the question why did UF state first dehydration then Heart problems and now it is a personal issue and not health related.  This of course is followed by a perfectly legitimate reason of wanting to spend more time with family to without consulting family stating after a brief spirited practice that one is coming back in the FALL while his wife is twittering that Urban is no longer going to be coach?   Lots of stories which is legitimate?

Then the official statement is a "leave of absence" right after the Sugar Bowl yet Meyer is speaking to recruits a couple of days later? 

JMO but there is a lot going on at UF and as usual no one is giving any legitimate answers.  It seems that is always the case concerning UF.  Always appearing to be hiding something that no one is willing to speak honestly about.

I agree.  It sounds fishy.  Anyone outside of gatorville would have to admit that at the very least, there have been multiple explanitions for the same incident...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 06, 2010, 09:11:26 PM

It is always most amusing at the vitriol and all the name calling for just asking a couple of simple questions.

There really is only one conclusion to be reached by such responses.   UF  and USF fans are not only a most sensitive and dishonest bunch but prefer thar everyone stick their heads in the sand in the well known Ostrich defense.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 06, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

It is always most amusing at the vitriol and all the name calling for just asking a couple of simple questions.

There really is only one conclusion to be reached by such responses. UF and USF fans are not only a most sensitive and dishonest bunch but prefer thar everyone stick their heads in the sand in the well known Ostrich defense.

you mean like how certain FSU fans acted like nothing was wrong with the cheating scandal?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 07, 2010, 09:36:53 AM

There really is only one conclusion to be reached by such responses. UF and USF fans are not only a most sensitive and dishonest bunch but prefer thar everyone stick their heads in the sand in the well known Ostrich defense.

you mean like how certain FSU fans acted like nothing was wrong with the cheating scandal?

Cheating is always wrong.  Your point? 

Or have you forgotten about a certain Star linebacker whose lack of academic ability was completely ignored by USF.  Are he and his most helpful wife still together?

FSU actually over reacted and took the failure of a poorly run Music course and somehow made it an athletes only issue when it was a crip class for everyone.  What should have been done was an academic reorganization of the class and not made into an athletic issue at all since the NCAA in its findings found no wrong doing by the athletic department or coaching staff.

FSU and its silly President who thankfully is gone screwed up badly and most ignorantly created the whole mess themselves.

Face it the word academic excellence and athletics for the most part is a total joke in higher education today.

When the media selects a home schooled 820 Sat player as the most scholarly athlete in the country not once but twice you know that you have real problems  that are probably impossible to fix.

Lets see the US is now ranked in the high 30's among Industrialized nations in education and Florida is ranked in the high 40's in the US.

Is anyone surprised that higher education is now one of the nations saddest cruel jokes?

Any wonder that a elective music class is considered the bell cow for an academic scandal?  Absurdity and ignorance at its finest!   Not surprising in the least as BS rules in today's society.

Did you check out the video?  Need anymore confirmation on what a sh#thole education has become when it involves just athletes let alone the geniuses with 8.2 GPA'S  LOL

While Leavitt is made a huge example of total misconduct such examples as this exist?

Perfect analogy with making a huge academic scandal over a nothing  Music class.

PC has gone beyond absurd in many areas with the National Enquirer approach to the trivial.

Make mountains out of mole hills and ignore the truly more important issues.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 07, 2010, 04:16:50 PM

Did the NCAA make USF forfeit wins and I didn't hear about it?  Or are you rambling on and changing the subject again?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 08, 2010, 11:50:30 AM

Even with the 14 forfeited wins, Bobby Bowden still has 3 times more wins than Meyer will ever sniff...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 08, 2010, 12:39:09 PM

Even with the 14 forfeited wins, Bobby Bowden still has 3 times more wins than Meyer will ever sniff...

Sweet.  How about Championships?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 08, 2010, 12:49:56 PM

Sweet. How about Championships?

Bowden:
2 National Titles
12 Conference Titles
21 Bowl wins
32 straight winning seasons
Has the field named after him. 

Meyer:
2 National Titles
5 conference titles
6 bowl wins
8 winning seasons

To even try to suggest that Meyer is anywhere near as accomplished as Bowden is simply laughable.  To boot, Bowden earned his wins by scheduling big name teams, while Meyer schedules powder puffs.  Bowden coached FSU for 33 years, Meyer is ready to quit on the Gators after 4. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 08, 2010, 01:01:43 PM

So Meyer got the same number of titles at Florida in 5 seasons that Bowden got at FSU in 34 seasons.  That's what I thought.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 08, 2010, 01:10:28 PM

So Meyer got the same number of titles at Florida in 5 seasons that Bowden got at FSU in 34 seasons. That's what I thought.

LMAO@ your spin.  Meyer can't TOUCH Bowden's greatness.  And with no heart, he never will.  In two seasons, maybe yall can have Tommy Tuberville, lol! 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 08, 2010, 01:12:13 PM

National Championships is spin?

Get a clue, chief.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 08, 2010, 01:18:47 PM

Get a clue, chief.

Please.  You somehow believe that Meyer is anywhere NEAR Bowden's greatness, yet you want ME to get a clue....freakin hilarious.  Meyer won't even be as accomplished as Nick Saban in a few years.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 08, 2010, 01:43:33 PM

Get a clue, chief.

Please.  You somehow believe that Meyer is anywhere NEAR Bowden's greatness, yet you want ME to get a clue....freakin hilarious. 

Hey, Captain Clueless, I never said a damn thing about "greatness."  Get out of your own fantasy land and get into the real world.  I simply stated that while your trying to run-down Meyer, he's attained the same number of National Championships (which is what the game is all about) in almost 1/7th of the amount of time that Bowden did - period.  No spin, no slant, just a fact.

Meyer won't even be as accomplished as Nick Saban in a few years.   

This prediction might turn out like 99% of your other predictions on this forum - moronic.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 08, 2010, 02:06:01 PM

Get a clue, chief.

Please.  You somehow believe that Meyer is anywhere NEAR Bowden's greatness, yet you want ME to get a clue....freakin hilarious. 

Hey, Captain Clueless, I never said a damn thing about "greatness."  Get out of your own fantasy land and get into the real world.  I simply stated that while your trying to run-down Meyer, he's attained the same number of National Championships (which is what the game is all about) in almost 1/7th of the amount of time that Bowden did - period.  No spin, no slant, just a fact.

Meyer won't even be as accomplished as Nick Saban in a few years.   

This prediction might turn out like 99% of your other predictions on this forum - moronic.

It was easily infered any reader of your post.  Stop backpeddling.  And Meyer will be gone in a year, Saban will still be around, piling up more wins.  Ergo, it's pretty safe to assume that both Saban and Mack Brown will eclipse Meyer's body of work.  As will those who come after him.  He's only a legend in the minds of Gator fans...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 08, 2010, 02:38:16 PM

It was easily infered any reader of your post.  Stop backpeddling.

I don't need to backpedal from something I didn't say, Captain Clueless.

You sure as hell make a lot of mistakes when you "infer" anything.  If I were you, I would quit doing something that made me look like a moron so often.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what is the truth about Meyer? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools