Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucc fans in Tampa are idiots. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: March 02, 2007, 06:47:40 PM

Why don't you fans who have a clue call your local radio station and defend your pride, because I'm streaming and from what I'm hearing you guys sound like the dumbest sports town in America. Maybe Tim Brown was right.

#1 : March 02, 2007, 06:50:12 PM

what r u talkin about?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : March 02, 2007, 06:51:16 PM

what r u talkin about?
I'm streaming WDAE over the internet, and the callers I'm hearing are the dumbest asses I have ever heard.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 02, 2007, 06:52:48 PM

....care to elaborate?

#4 : March 02, 2007, 06:53:28 PM

Yes they are, it's useless to attempt and say something positive on the phone, they'll cut you off.

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 02, 2007, 06:54:45 PM

ABF,
From what I've been able to gather on this website is most of the smart Bucs fans don't listen to Dumig or the others on WDAE.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2007, 06:54:59 PM

...and shouldn't it be "Bucs fans" and not "Buccs fans?"

Or have I been the one spelling it wrong the whole time? ;)

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 02, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

I've given up on 620. They have an anti-Gruden agenda over there. What are they saying now?

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#8 : March 02, 2007, 06:57:08 PM

Dont listen to that station everyone who calls in just agrees with the host and dont even have thier own opinions because they are afraid that they will get yelled at...lol.

I have already figured 620 out. most of all the listeners who call in are idiots just wanting to get on the radio and embarrass themselves...

Its comedy for me.. I just listen to see how many people are going to call in and think they have knowlegde. See what they dont realized is that these hst have to do the contraversy gig to get ratings and everything. Then they get these callers that really think they know whats going on. Its just funny to me...

Im trying to get into radio so i can have a real sports talk radio station. Im going to start Podcasting it close to draft time so if anyone is interested let me know and i will keep in touch...

I dont know if this is  leagal on these boards but i just want people to hear real radio thats all.. LineBacker out!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : March 02, 2007, 06:58:32 PM

...and shouldn't it be "Bucs fans" and not "Buccs fans?"

Or have I been the one spelling it wrong the whole time? ;)
Well new kid..... Bucs is a nickname for the Pittsburgh Pirates. I'd rather call them the Buccs seeing as how Buccaneers is not spelled Bucaneers. Just my preference ok cdribble? ;) ;)

#10 : March 02, 2007, 06:59:46 PM

Bucs is a nickname for the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Ive never heard that.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : March 02, 2007, 07:01:15 PM

Ive never heard that.
You must not be much of a baseball fan then.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : March 02, 2007, 07:04:37 PM

Ive never heard that.
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070228&content_id=1819968&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=pit

Notes: Herrera and Walker shine in win
Bucs win college exhibition, prepare for Grapefruit League
By Dawn Klemish / MLB.com

Converted catcher Neil Walker is adjusting well to his position switch to third base. (Al Behrman/AP)
More Coverage
Pirates Headlines
• Eldred goes deep in Bucs' extra-innings loss
• Notes: McCutchen seizes his opportunity
• Matos, McCutchen go deep in slugfest
Bucs notes: Herrera and Walker shine
• The sky is the limit for Bucs' McCutchen
• More Pirates Headlines
MLB Headlines
• Phillies renew Howard's contract for $900,000
• Young helps Rangers build stability
• Mets notes: Ace Martinez cleared to throw
• MLB continues spanning the globe
• Hairston defends reputation after report
• More MLB Headlines
ADVERTISEMENT
print this pageprint this page    |    e-mail this pagee-mail this page
• Bios: Herrera | Walker
• Pirates depth chart
• Gear up for spring
• Buy Bucs Spring Training tickets

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Pirates manager Jim Tracy saw a lot of things he liked in his team Wednesday during the final tune-up before the Grapefruit League begins.

It wasn't the score that mattered so much -- Pittsburgh won, 8-1, over Manatee Community College -- but the progress he saw. Of particular mention were starter Yoslan Herrera and third baseman Neil Walker.

Herrera fanned two and faced the minimum batters in two innings to earn the win. A Cuban defector, the right-hander had been out of baseball since 2005 while living in the Dominican Republic.

Tracy said there were small issues that needed to be addressed with Herrera, but he was confident they were changes that could be made.

"We're just going to take some small steps with him, and hopefully just gradually progress," Tracy said. "He's a good-looking young pitcher. His mechanics are very sound, and all signs point toward the fact that he's just going to continue to get better.

"The more he learns, and the more he progresses, and the more he gains a better understanding of what we're all about, he's just going to keep getting better and better."

Walker, who was converted to a third baseman at the beginning of Spring Training after spending his career behind the plate, made several flashy stops in his second consecutive game at the hot corner, including fielding a rolling bunt for an out that earned Tracy's seal of approval.

A good barometer of the fielder Walker is, Tracy said, was to look at the difference in the hard balls hit to Walker on Tuesday during the intrasquad scrimmage, and the slower plays which came his way Wednesday, and see the degree of effectiveness he had with both.

"In the little time that [Walker's] been over there, he's just a great natural athlete, that's what it is," Tracy said. "His ability to adapt to this situation, he looks very natural. I haven't seen him do one thing that would suggest to me that anyone would sit around and think that he couldn't, or won't eventually be very good at that spot."

What ails you? Outfielder Xavier Nady had a colonoscopy done Wednesday at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh in a continued quest to reveal what caused the intestinal inflammation he suffered last week. The results were not in as of Wednesday evening, but general manager Dave Littlefield said he'd probably know more by Thursday. ... Infielder Nick Green left Wednesday's scrimmage after injuring his toe while running out a fly ball. It was unclear which foot was injured, or the extent of the injury.

Spring Training
News and features:
• Eldred goes deep in Bucs' extra-innings loss
• Notes: McCutchen seizes his opportunity
• Matos, McCutchen go deep in slugfest
Bucs notes: Herrera and Walker shine
• The sky is the limit for Bucs' McCutchen
• Bullington finds road back rewarding
Multimedia:
• Spring Training photo gallery
• Author Pahigian on Spring Training
Spring Training info:
• MLB.com coverage  |  Schedule  |  Ballpark  |  Tickets

Moving in: More inspiration arrived from the north after Wednesday's game in the form of Manny Sanguillen. A Pirates catcher for 12 seasons, including the 1971 and 1979 world champions, Sanguillen will be on hand to advise the team for the remainder of Spring Training. Shortly after his arrival, Sanguillen's name appeared over a locker which formerly was home to Serguey Linares, a Cuban defector who was unable to report to camp this season because of problems with his U.S. work visa.

Lights, camera, action! Jason Bay and Freddy Sanchez filmed a commercial for a FOX All-Star Game ad in Clearwater, Fla., before workouts on Wednesday morning.

Duck! Harold Smith was able to walk after a Josh Shortsleff fastball struck him in the left temple during the third inning, causing his batting helmet to fly off. Smith remained on the field for a few moments as he was examined by a trainer, and then he was transported via golf cart to the Pirates' training room for further evaluation.

Tracy confirmed after the game that Smith was fine.

Up next: The Pirates begin their preseason schedule at 1 p.m. ET Thursday against Cincinnati. The game, played at McKechnie Field, will feature Pittsburgh right-hander Zach Duke against Reds lefty Eric Milton. Also slated to pitch for the Pirates: right-handers Matt Capps, Kevin Grybowski and Solomon Torres, and lefty Tom Gorzelanny.

Dawn Klemish is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
print this pageprint this page    |

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#13 : March 02, 2007, 07:11:46 PM

Why don't you fans who have a clue call your local radio station and defend your pride, because I'm streaming and from what I'm hearing you guys sound like the dumbest sports town in America. Maybe Tim Brown was right.

If you listen to the Steve Duemig time slot, you really aren't getting a fair representation of the Tampa Bay area fans.   Most that call his show are basically one player idol worshippers and guys that hate the coach or GM.   They live to have Steve pat them on the head and send them back to their radios.   Personally, I'd rather listen to Al K. on 1010 at 1:00.   JP at noon on 1470 is basically a closet Dolphin fan, and Rome is Rome.  Such is the nature of Tampa Bay radio.

#14 : March 02, 2007, 07:18:57 PM

Ive never heard that.
You must not be much of a baseball fan then.

Not at all... hate it actually.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucc fans in Tampa are idiots. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools