Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow's Abortion Commercial « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : January 17, 2010, 11:44:35 AM

Sounds like someone is being lazy and not wanting to change the channel if they don't agree with the content of the message.

No worries. That's already in the plan.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 17, 2010, 05:23:20 PM

This is the closest Tebow will ever get to being in the superbowl.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#32 : January 17, 2010, 05:26:02 PM

You know darn well that Christians would freak out if a pro-choice commercial was played during the game. Christian propoganda is pathetic.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 17, 2010, 05:30:14 PM

You know darn well that Christians would freak out if a pro-choice commercial was played during the game. Christian propoganda is pathetic.

that is a dumb thing to say period.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 17, 2010, 06:26:17 PM

Why is that?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 17, 2010, 06:40:02 PM

There are pro-choice commercials on TV now, and I'm sure the network would be willing to sell time to a pro-choice group as well if they wanted to pony up the millions to do it.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 17, 2010, 06:51:54 PM

I dont respect this at all.. I get annoyed by even pro-life bumper stickers. Its bible-humping non-sense. I'd rather see a mass of cells get tossed than see a child go hungry..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 17, 2010, 06:56:07 PM

God help Tebow if he's drafted by a team in a liberal, pro-choice city.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 17, 2010, 07:31:36 PM

Standing up for beliefs and pushing yours on others are two different things.

In a (sort of ) democratic society which allows free speech, how exactly are they different? How does one stand up for his beliefs without trying to persuade others?

Touche! That is the essence of FREE speech. It is also the essence of PERSUASION!

Look, if you don't agree with the message, change channel or simply ignore the commercial. People  talk about football players being role models, the guy is a total man of faith, so the fact he is standing up for something he believes in, and is being the kind of role model people talk about is an anathema because? On the contrary I would have thought those who truly respect the American spirit would acknowledge the guy for sticking up for what he believes in, regardless if you believe in what he espouses or not.

He is, possibly, the best College player ever, depending on your point of view of course, so this might be the pinnacle of his career. He is taking advantage of it, in his mind in the best possible way. He may be a total NFL bust and this may be his one and only chance to make a difference in his mind. He may become a superstar, in which case I suggest you get used to it. The man is a Christian who lives his faith. This is neither a surprise nor out of character. As I said, go to the bathroom or switch channel.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2010, 07:34:58 PM

I dont respect this at all.. I get annoyed by even pro-life bumper stickers. Its bible-humping non-sense. I'd rather see a mass of cells get tossed than see a child go hungry..
I don't and never agree with that I think every thing should live, Don't want a baby wear a condom it's that easy. don't get a abortion it's inhuman.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 17, 2010, 08:01:02 PM

I don't and never agree with that I think every thing should live, Don't want a baby wear a condom it's that easy. don't get a abortion it's inhuman.

Your post would half way apply if rape and other acts of brutality towards women didn't exist..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 17, 2010, 08:26:15 PM

Another thing to add, it's not like you can go around promotion abortions on TV commercials no matter how subtle it is.

It's kind of tough to find an abortion clinic, I wish they advertised on TV to be honest.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 17, 2010, 08:38:58 PM

Your post would half way apply if rape and other acts of brutality towards women didn't exist..

Pretty bad strawman since the % of abortions that fall into these categories are extraordinarily small and we make plenty of laws based on a much smaller majority of cases than that. It is like the PBA argument about "saving the life of the mother". It can't happen since the PBA requires a partial birth and consequently any risk the mother faced from delivery would also exist on a PBA.

The problem here is that both sides are too flippin' stupid. Nothing at 4 week is human but equally anything that 4 months is because to start making distinctions between life and unlife at that point gets silly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 17, 2010, 08:52:41 PM

Somehow I knew you would bring up rape, And that's the tough part. I say that when the issue of rape shows up you can abort ONLY for rape, And the way to find out if they were raped
and their not just lying to abort is to do a exam and see if their is any forced entry.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#44 : January 17, 2010, 08:57:51 PM

There are pro-choice commercials on TV now, and I'm sure the network would be willing to sell time to a pro-choice group as well if they wanted to pony up the millions to do it.

What pro-choice commercials are you talking about?  I havent seen any.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow's Abortion Commercial « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools