Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HD and dish systems « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: January 17, 2010, 07:13:53 AM

They just don't work well together. Save yourself the expense and aggravation of losing the signal every time the clouds are too thick. I have three other receivers that very rarely ever lose the signal so I returned the HD box to DirecTv. With a cable system I doubt there is any problem. Just a heads up for anyone considering doing this.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 17, 2010, 09:18:53 AM

I've had dish network with HD for years now and I barely ever lose signal. It only goes out in the worst of storms. For me Satellite is the way to go because I have a ton of channels for way less than cable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 17, 2010, 09:46:27 AM

I've had dish network with HD for years now and I barely ever lose signal. It only goes out in the worst of storms. For Satellite is the way to go because I have a ton of channels for way less than cable.

Ditto.

I've had zero problems with my HD DVR with DirecTV.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 17, 2010, 09:50:44 AM

It goes out a little every so often. Not even close to enough to worry about it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 17, 2010, 10:01:06 AM

I had DirecTv exchange the box and the problem continued. If I didn't lose the signal entirely, the picture would break up into little squares and become distorted. That happened on a regular basis with no issues at all on the other boxes. I had enough and sent it back to them.

#5 : January 17, 2010, 10:53:09 AM

1sparkybuc, are there any other obstructions in front of the dish?  One other thing to consider is where it may be pointed at and where DirecTV's satellite is at position wise in the sky.  There could be a possibility of it being lined up closely with where the sun is at in the sky with it, and in that case does bring on sunspots and interference that will cause pixelation like what you are seeing. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 17, 2010, 11:11:40 AM

I've had Dish Network HD for a few months now and no problems. Most days are sunny here in Vegas but on the very cloudy days, I don't notice any difference.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 17, 2010, 12:11:03 PM

I get problems from time to time.

But nothing major.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 17, 2010, 02:34:07 PM

I had DirecTv exchange the box and the problem continued. If I didn't lose the signal entirely, the picture would break up into little squares and become distorted. That happened on a regular basis with no issues at all on the other boxes. I had enough and sent it back to them.

I had a similiar problem with the pixalation, it turned out the dish was ever so slightly out of adjustment. Re-adjusted and no probs since.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 17, 2010, 02:39:30 PM

We just switched from Directv to Dish network and let me tell you Dish does not compare if your thinking about getting any type of cable go with Directv.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 17, 2010, 02:45:36 PM

Want cable go with direct tv????

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 17, 2010, 02:49:27 PM

I had a similiar problem with the pixalation, it turned out the dish was ever so slightly out of adjustment. Re-adjusted and no probs since.

That very well could have been the problem, but no one from DirecTv suggested that I might need a technician. At this point I'm not in the mood to deal with them again anyway. The service in eastern Pa. is nothing to brag about. To answer an earlier question, there are no obstructions to a perfect signal here other than the "technicians".

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 17, 2010, 02:53:49 PM

Verizon Fios>Anything for TV AND Internet...

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 17, 2010, 03:19:20 PM

Want cable go with direct tv????
yeah.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 17, 2010, 03:25:17 PM

direct tv is dish
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HD and dish systems « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools