Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texas Techs' Carter « previous next »
Page: 1

westexbucfan

Second String

: January 23, 2010, 11:07:04 PM

I watch a lot of Tech games being fom west Texas and I tell you now Carter is a beast. The man demands respect from everyone and gets the job done. He looks like he is straight out of prison and he acts like it on the football field as well. The guy has evil flowing through his veins. I think our current guard position is far from setteled with sears attempting a come back. Zuttah did an alright job but a guy like Carter coming in could really heat it up and push everyone including Joseph on the right side and the DTs' he will be facing everyday in training camp. I know we have a lot of needs but if he is projected to be a late rounder as PR says I think we should snatch him up quick. What say you

bait619

Starter

#1 : January 23, 2010, 11:10:23 PM

he has the attitude...but i suspect if he had the skill he would be rated higher...i don't know much about him other than his look...can he pass block? is he really any better than what we have?

westexbucfan

Second String

#2 : January 23, 2010, 11:17:28 PM

Pass blocking is his thing coming from tech. The game today showed he can get nasty and move to the second level. Im not saying he should be a second round pick im just talking about late round picks. And I suspect if he had played for Texas or Oklahoma his stock would be much higher. Tech dont get a lot of attention. I know he played well against the number one DT in the draft this year. I am pretty shure he wont be getting pushed 2 yards into the backfield like I saw from Zuttah this year.

bait619

Starter

#3 : January 23, 2010, 11:30:51 PM

it sounds good...i would like to see where he gets projected at and if it is the 5th or later I would definitely like him in the 5th or 6th, depending on what we do before then

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 24, 2010, 01:16:29 AM

Hes more show than go. I think hes good but he gets most of the attention because of the way he acts.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 24, 2010, 03:57:30 PM

he'll have some doubters being from a spread offense but he showed he can pass block very well and in the shrine game got a chance to show he can run block pretty well too.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texas Techs' Carter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools