Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GBN's latest mock draft! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« : March 03, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »

Kodiak  your assuming the Raiders don't make a move with Houston for David Carr. He's the only QB left that could possibly help them immediately

True but the Texans do not want to ship out Carr until they have another QB in place.  That is why by the Bucs acquring Plummer (both coveted by the Raiders and Texans) they hold the leverage as we speak.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 03, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »

1 - Oakland - Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
2 - Detroit - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech 
3 - Cleveland - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin 
4 - (1)Houston (from Tampa Bay) - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma 
5 - Arizona - Gaines Adams - DE Clemson
6 - Washington - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7 - Minnesota - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
8 - Tampa Bay (from Houston)  - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

I think that Oakland now has to draft Russell. They have now QB other than Walter and he sucks. They are going to need a vetran to play now. I say we trade Plummer to the Raiders for their 4th pick. That would give us the top pick and the 3rd pick on day 2.

I also think the Lions will now target either Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Adrian Peterson. Cleveland will take either Peterson or Thomas. If the draft goes down like this, I think Anderson and Okoye are options at the 8th pick. My only question is, if Cleveland doesn't take Peterson, neither will Arizona or Washington. Minnesota might, but Chester Taylor ran well for them last year.

I think more than likely we don't trade down. I think Russell goes #1, and CJ probably goes #2 to whoever has that pick (Detroit might drop down and take a DE or QB). Then I think Cleveland would still draft Peterson and Joe Thomas will fall to us.

If Detroit picks Thomas, then CJ would certainly fall to us and Cleveland would take Peterson.

I think the worst case right now would be if Oakland goes with CJ, the Lions draft Peterson, and Cleveland drafts Thomas. I think that's the only way we don't end up with either Thomas or CJ.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 03, 2007, 04:21:38 PM »

That is basically the nightmare scenario.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 03, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »

IMO, no chance in hell Detroit goes WR AGAIN in the first round.  They've been there, done that, gotten the t-shirt, and handed it down 4 generations.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 03, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »

What did we get for trading down?

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 03, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »

This mock is not going to happen.. 

Yeah what did we get for moving down??  The Houston Rockets are going to relocate maybe??

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

JC510

Practice Squad

« #6 : March 03, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »

Bucs would take Okoye at 8.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 03, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »

This mock is worthless.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 03, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »

The gap is only about 400 points between 4 and 8 so HOU's #2 pick actually covers the gap plus some.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 03, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »

Why? could you imagine a Caddy/Petersen backfield. Talk about an explosive running/passing attack. Not my ideal draft but I could deal.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 03, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »

8 - Tampa Bay (from Houston)  - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

I see that as a real possibility.

SB4TB

Starter

« #11 : March 03, 2007, 04:30:10 PM »

Why? could you imagine a Caddy/Petersen backfield. Talk about an explosive running/passing attack. Not my ideal draft but I could deal.

you do realize it has us trading down, don't you?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 03, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »

Kodiak  your assuming the Raiders don't make a move with Houston for David Carr. He's the only QB left that could possibly help them immediately

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #13 : March 03, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »

Trading down wouldn't be a bad option for the Bucs. Of course this is assuming the Bucs believe they can make do without a Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. That second round is full of very good prospects that could fill the Bucs' needs.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 03, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »

The gap is only about 400 points between 4 and 8 so HOU's #2 pick actually covers the gap plus some.
GBN Trade: "Houston acquires the 4th pick overall from Tampa Bay the 8th pick overall and 3rd and 4th round picks. "

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GBN's latest mock draft! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools