Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GBN's latest mock draft! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 03, 2007, 04:38:32 PM

I guess Houston could always trade Carr to Oakland and then they'd draft CJ. The thing with drafting CJ is it requires the Raiders to make two trades. One for a QB and one to get rid of Moss. I think drafting Russell makes more sense but then again, with Al Davis, you never know.

I know people say the Lions won't draft a WR again, but it is possible. I really think the Lions want to trade down. With the latest trade they made, Thomas isn't as much a need anymore. I think Peterson is more likely than CJ is if they stay there or one of the top defensive players like Adams.

Either way, I think Russell goes #1 and Peterson will either go 2 or 3. That leaves either CJ or Thomas falling to us at 4 in both cases.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#16 : March 03, 2007, 06:20:25 PM

1 - Oakland - Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
2 - Detroit - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3 - Cleveland - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
4 - (1)Houston (from Tampa Bay) - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
5 - Arizona - Gaines Adams - DE Clemson
6 - Washington - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7 - Minnesota - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
8 - Tampa Bay (from Houston) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

I think that Oakland now has to draft Russell. They have now QB other than Walter and he sucks. They are going to need a vetran to play now. I say we trade Plummer to the Raiders for their 4th pick. That would give us the top pick and the 3rd pick on day 2.

I also think the Lions will now target either Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Adrian Peterson. Cleveland will take either Peterson or Thomas. If the draft goes down like this, I think Anderson and Okoye are options at the 8th pick. My only question is, if Cleveland doesn't take Peterson, neither will Arizona or Washington. Minnesota might, but Chester Taylor ran well for them last year.

I think more than likely we don't trade down. I think Russell goes #1, and CJ probably goes #2 to whoever has that pick (Detroit might drop down and take a DE or QB). Then I think Cleveland would still draft Peterson and Joe Thomas will fall to us.

If Detroit picks Thomas, then CJ would certainly fall to us and Cleveland would take Peterson.

I think the worst case right now would be if Oakland goes with CJ, the Lions draft Peterson, and Cleveland drafts Thomas. I think that's the only way we don't end up with either Thomas or CJ.

Hell no that will never happen

vipmark

Starter
#17 : March 03, 2007, 06:41:20 PM

Kodiak, hope you can make it to TC again, should be interesting.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 03, 2007, 06:46:42 PM

It would be neat to see multiple NFL caliber arms and minds in a bucs camp wouldn't it VIP?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

vipmark

Starter
#19 : March 03, 2007, 06:47:55 PM

real competition...for the first time in years

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 03, 2007, 06:55:56 PM

See you there. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#21 : March 03, 2007, 08:51:46 PM

The Atlanta paper has the Falcons and the Texans interested in Cleveland's 3rd overall pick in order to land CJ or AP:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/03/03/0304nflinsider.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

If Atlanta gets it, we're out CJ. I it interesting that the following compilation of mock drafts has CJ available to us (no trade speculation on most):

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2007_mockdrafts.cfm

What a great time of year!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 03, 2007, 09:01:59 PM

The Atlanta paper has the Falcons and the Texans interested in Cleveland's 3rd overall pick in order to land CJ or AP:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/03/03/0304nflinsider.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

If Atlanta gets it, we're out CJ. I it interesting that the following compilation of mock drafts has CJ available to us (no trade speculation on most):

The Texans have to be looking at a QB now. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 03, 2007, 09:04:44 PM

Trade won't happen, Joe Horn will likely sign with the birds.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#24 : March 03, 2007, 11:21:00 PM

I would've rather gone with amobi okoye at that spot, getting a couple of DEs with subsequent picks.

#25 : March 04, 2007, 12:50:00 AM

1 - Oakland - Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
2 - Detroit - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
3 - Cleveland - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
4 - (1)Houston (from Tampa Bay) - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
5 - Arizona - Gaines Adams - DE Clemson
6 - Washington - Alan Branch DT Michigan
7 - Minnesota - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
8 - Tampa Bay (from Houston) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas

I think that Oakland now has to draft Russell. They have now QB other than Walter and he sucks. They are going to need a vetran to play now. I say we trade Plummer to the Raiders for their 4th pick. That would give us the top pick and the 3rd pick on day 2.

I also think the Lions will now target either Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Adrian Peterson. Cleveland will take either Peterson or Thomas. If the draft goes down like this, I think Anderson and Okoye are options at the 8th pick. My only question is, if Cleveland doesn't take Peterson, neither will Arizona or Washington. Minnesota might, but Chester Taylor ran well for them last year.

I think more than likely we don't trade down. I think Russell goes #1, and CJ probably goes #2 to whoever has that pick (Detroit might drop down and take a DE or QB). Then I think Cleveland would still draft Peterson and Joe Thomas will fall to us.

If Detroit picks Thomas, then CJ would certainly fall to us and Cleveland would take Peterson.

I think the worst case right now would be if Oakland goes with CJ, the Lions draft Peterson, and Cleveland drafts Thomas. I think that's the only way we don't end up with either Thomas or CJ.

chances of this happening are slim nd I think that johnson will fall to us the lions will get Thomas and the browns will get Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 04, 2007, 12:53:52 AM

So the Buc get the eight and another second rounder if they swap spots?

I could deal with that.  I mean, Gaines is the premier pass rusher in the draft, but Anderson isn't a satchel of dung we are talking about here.  Plus FOUR day 1 picks would be damned sweet!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#27 : March 04, 2007, 01:15:21 AM

The possibility of CJ not coming to us? CJ homers quickly cover their ears and start screaming......

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 04, 2007, 01:16:29 AM

I'd be shocked if Detroit took a WR with the 2nd pick in the draft.   I don't think that's gonna happen.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 04, 2007, 01:37:36 AM

Kodiak, hope you can make it to TC again, should be interesting.

Well, I am moving back to the Bay area on Monday, so I will be in the state...so going to camp is going to be a must...and I won't have to take vacation time to do it.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GBN's latest mock draft! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools