Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

karen anderson

Practice Squad

: March 03, 2007, 08:52:33 PM

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves? I am so depressed. I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all. The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

I guess my question to you, Karen, and I'm saying this inquisitively – not judgmentally, is what QB moves would you have preferred? They landed the best QB in free agency this year in Garcia and traded for one who may either play in Tampa Bay or be a commodity that is traded later. What other QB moves would you have made?

The Bucs are totally thinking of the future. That's why they are making reasonable, sensible deals. Garcia is a playoff QB who got a deal similar to what Simms got. Chukwurah was a relative bargain, as was Buchanon. The Bucs re-signed Alstott and Cox. Where do you find fault in these deals?

Would you have rather seen the Bucs sign Clements, Steinbach or anybody else who wants double-digit guaranteed money? Are Clements or Steinbach Hall of Famers? They might be Pro Bowl-caliber players, but they are getting paid Hall of Fame money. This is a team that wants to be competitive in free agency for years to come – not just in 2007. They are spending wisely, just as we forecasted them to do in the latest PR mag and in our Pewter Insider articles over the past two months. This team just got out of salary cap hell. They don't want to go back there.
The other signings are ok, but the qb ones are just looney.  My god, you people act like the 37 yr old qb with 1/2 of a good season with a much better team makes him the 2nd coming of Montana. And the Plummer deaL is just a waste.  Do something about that bloody, god awful offensive offense instead of buying every freaking qb that walks down the street.  Just because they're the only ones out there doesn't mean they're any good.  This season will tank.  By saying the are not looking to the future is buying a 37 yr old qb.  How does that help the future?  And if they trade Simms, good luck getting anyone else to come play here after you show yourselves to be backstabbers.  Sign him to trade him. Dirty play. Toddy Buc---screw you. You know nothing.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 03, 2007, 06:01:33 PM

Check the front page of PewterReport.com or click the following links:

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2881 Plummer

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/2882 Garcia

Keep visiting the front page of PewterReport.com regularly. We posted NINE stories on March 2 and we've already posted FOUR on March 3 (with some more coming later tonight).

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2007, 06:02:33 PM

Cool... Keep up the good work guys. I know you 3 have been working hard trying to get the inside scoop on the Bucs. Can't wait to read more of the articles.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 03, 2007, 06:05:37 PM

Thanks for the links and the details, Scott.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 03, 2007, 06:12:57 PM

Thanks, guys...now that's the info I wanted!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 03, 2007, 06:14:31 PM

Interesting information. Thanks SR.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2007, 06:15:21 PM

I think this explains what we did this for.. The likely scenario would be that we will end up trading Plummer, which would be a genius move on the Bucs FO part.

To get a player from Oakland.. interesting... 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

FireThemCannons

Second String

#7 : March 03, 2007, 07:42:47 PM

I love this move, now we either get a former pro bowl qb added to our depth, trade him to help out other parts of the team, or he retires and we lose a pick next year. Hopefully its one of the first two that happens.
 Oh, and by the way this is my first post. I've come here for a while and just look around the boards. This is truley the best place to come for buc news. So I finally decided to join in on the talks.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 03, 2007, 07:49:23 PM

Welcome aboard, Fire! It's been a wonderful day for the organization, a boost of energy that we really needed!

In Verner We Trust

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : March 03, 2007, 07:49:38 PM

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

#10 : March 03, 2007, 07:51:25 PM

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.
Plummer>Simms....Garcia>Simms

Deal with it.

#11 : March 03, 2007, 07:52:08 PM

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.
Are you serious? We give up possibly nothing, and 5 mil a year...for two proven QBs. What the hell else were we going to do? 10 mil for 2 years? Add in the fact taht Simms is losing money off of his incentives and we're not even paying that much to have FIVE QBs on the roster who have started an NFL deal. Quick fix? Right...whatever makes Gruden come off poorly.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 03, 2007, 07:53:38 PM

Save you breath, Ether. Some people just live with a half-empty glass, especially when that glass was made in Gooberville.

In Verner We Trust

FireThemCannons

Second String

#13 : March 03, 2007, 07:58:36 PM

It has definitely been a boost in energy for me. Whether or not these signings work out we will all have to wait and see. But, I am absolutly thrilled not be depending on Gradkowski as a starter or backup anymore.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 03, 2007, 08:08:20 PM

you're right Karen....I'll give ya a twenty for those tix though........

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools