Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 03, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »

wait....just lost my mind for a minute....

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #16 : March 03, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »

serious about the twenty......

« #17 : March 03, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »

Hey Lamond, ever heard of the edit button?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 03, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »

is that on your collar? I wear a lot of t shirts man....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #19 : March 03, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.
Are you serious? We give up possibly nothing, and 5 mil a year...for two proven QBs. What the hell else were we going to do? 10 mil for 2 years? Add in the fact taht Simms is losing money off of his incentives and we're not even paying that much to have FIVE QBs on the roster who have started an NFL deal. Quick fix? Right...whatever makes Gruden come off poorly.
PROVEN qbs???  What are you smoking??  Garcia had 1/2 of a good season with a team much better than ours.  Oh, & he's 37.  Plummer gave fans in Denver before Vick ever did.  He throws picks at the worst & was benched by Shanahan for a rookie!  And he would rather retire than come here.  Defense?  Did you really think Gruiden gives a rats azz about the defense?  But he will have no trouble calling them out when we're losing.  I am just sick.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 03, 2007, 08:13:43 PM »

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

I guess my question to you, Karen, and I'm saying this inquisitively – not judgmentally, is what QB moves would you have preferred? They landed the best QB in free agency this year in Garcia and traded for one who may either play in Tampa Bay or be a commodity that is traded later. What other QB moves would you have made?

The Bucs are totally thinking of the future. That's why they are making reasonable, sensible deals. Garcia is a playoff QB who got a deal similar to what Simms got. Chukwurah was a relative bargain, as was Buchanon. The Bucs re-signed Alstott and Cox. Where do you find fault in these deals?

Would you have rather seen the Bucs sign Clements, Steinbach or anybody else who wants double-digit guaranteed money? Are Clements or Steinbach Hall of Famers? They might be Pro Bowl-caliber players, but they are getting paid Hall of Fame money. This is a team that wants to be competitive in free agency for years to come – not just in 2007. They are spending wisely, just as we forecasted them to do in the latest PR mag and in our Pewter Insider articles over the past two months. This team just got out of salary cap hell. They don't want to go back there.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 03, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.

Great moves, unless you're a Simms fan and not a Bucs fan.

The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

Excellent.

« #22 : March 03, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves?  I am so depressed.  I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all.  The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.
Are you serious? We give up possibly nothing, and 5 mil a year...for two proven QBs. What the hell else were we going to do? 10 mil for 2 years? Add in the fact taht Simms is losing money off of his incentives and we're not even paying that much to have FIVE QBs on the roster who have started an NFL deal. Quick fix? Right...whatever makes Gruden come off poorly.
PROVEN qbs???  What are you smoking??  Garcia had 1/2 of a good season with a team much better than ours.  Oh, & he's 37.  Plummer gave fans in Denver before Vick ever did.  He throws picks at the worst & was benched by Shanahan for a rookie!  And he would rather retire than come here.  Defense?  Did you really think Gruiden gives a rats azz about the defense?  But he will have no trouble calling them out when we're losing.  I am just sick.
Did you ever watch Garcia in SF? The dude was sick...and Plummer has proven to be a capable NFL QB, anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard. And the defense will be replenished through the draft, as well as some FA signings (Doss, Hamlin, Harris, Scott, etc.).

« #23 : March 03, 2007, 08:16:06 PM »

You do realize he had good year after good year in San Francisco, right? And that Brad Johnson was 'old', right? And that Griese throws the worst picks right? And that he was talking about retiring last month and is in a difficult spot in his life, right? And that we've only had the number one defense under Gruden, right? And that the majority of our FAs since 2004 have been on defense right? Right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 03, 2007, 08:17:10 PM »

PROVEN qbs???  What are you smoking??

Both QB's are much more proven than any QB that was on the roster before today.

« #25 : March 03, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »

PROVEN qbs??? What are you smoking??

Both QB's are much more proven than any QB that was on the roster before today.
Considering people use this lame ass argument for Alstott....both have been to way more Pro Bowls than anyone on our roster can ever be considered for.

vipmark

Starter
« #26 : March 03, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves? I am so depressed. I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all. The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

I guess my question to you, Karen, and I'm saying this inquisitively – not judgmentally, is what QB moves would you have preferred? They landed the best QB in free agency this year in Garcia and traded for one who may either play in Tampa Bay or be a commodity that is traded later. What other QB moves would you have made?

The Bucs are totally thinking of the future. That's why they are making reasonable, sensible deals. Garcia is a playoff QB who got a deal similar to what Simms got. Chukwurah was a relative bargain, as was Buchanon. The Bucs re-signed Alstott and Cox. Where do you find fault in these deals?

Would you have rather seen the Bucs sign Clements, Steinbach or anybody else who wants double-digit guaranteed money? Are Clements or Steinbach Hall of Famers? They might be Pro Bowl-caliber players, but they are getting paid Hall of Fame money. This is a team that wants to be competitive in free agency for years to come – not just in 2007. They are spending wisely, just as we forecasted them to do in the latest PR mag and in our Pewter Insider articles over the past two months. This team just got out of salary cap hell. They don't want to go back there.

SR, if you could get Ian to read this on 620 it would become Karen's new Gospel

« #27 : March 03, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

Pssh SR with your fancy dancy logic, you're just a public relations expert ;).

FireThemCannons

Second String

« #28 : March 03, 2007, 08:28:57 PM »

Garcia is a qb with confidence and leadership, two things I think simms was lacking. Simms was way too timid on the field, Garcia seems like the leader on offense we have needed

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 03, 2007, 08:30:29 PM »

Is Karen Chronic or Mc Irish in reality????.

Or is she one of those turd girls, that DOESN'T  know squat about football, but is just at Ray Jay BECAUSE ITS THE IN THING TO DO!!!!  Oh  what a waste of money for you darling..

Go to Bucs.com with THIS trash now.. go---------------------------------------------------- leave!!!!!!!!!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools