Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Wishlist/Predictions........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucshot224

Second String

#15 : October 18, 2006, 09:20:02 PM

I want you to buy a bridge in Brooklyn

oh alright....

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

#16 : October 19, 2006, 12:58:12 PM

A stud center in the second would be just gravy for the Bucs. The line has already been the least of my concerns that past two weeks and for all the worries I had about starting two rookies on the right, they have actually played quite better than I expected.

Also, if the Bucs do get a top 5 pick, I would have little problems if they traded down for a 10-20 pick and another day 1 choice. If the Bucs can somehow get a second for Rice, I like the idea of having 6 day 1 choices. THat would just make me all giddy on the inside.

It's nice when S, C are some of the positions you need, we could definitely move down and still get the best on the board at one of these two positions.  I mentioned how nice it might be to have 5 first-day picks in another thread.  We could revitalize the D with a good draft.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 19, 2006, 03:34:56 AM

pit**CENSORED** is a horrible fit for this system.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#18 : October 19, 2006, 05:24:23 AM

WE NEED A NEW KICKER!!!

I have my reservations about Allen, but like your thinking.

thanks!

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#19 : October 19, 2006, 07:03:01 AM

Michael Lewis is in danger of losing his starting job to Sean Considine. It seems that they have begun to phase him out since it was annouced that Considine and Lewis will be splitting time now. No thanks. We need to upgrade at Safety, but Lewis isn't the answer.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 19, 2006, 08:51:11 AM

I know no one will agree with this but the first player I would draft would be a stud, first round center or use the Booger pick for the center. he would anchor that young o-line for years to come and that issue would be behind us. That way the Bucs could concentrate totally on the defensive side of the ball for the next two drafts. JMHO

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : October 19, 2006, 09:27:15 AM

I know no one will agree with this but the first player I would draft would be a stud, first round center or use the Booger pick for the center. he would anchor that young o-line for years to come and that issue would be behind us. That way the Bucs could concentrate totally on the defensive side of the ball for the next two drafts. JMHO

You're absolutely correct about your first statement. As it stands now, we end up with a Top 5 pick in the draft next year, you don't draft a center that high ever. I would however concede that our 2nd round pick, most likely the higher of the two could be dedicated to drafting this stud center.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 19, 2006, 10:53:17 AM

Just to throw something into the wind, if we get a high first round pick, what would we get if we packaged our 2 2nd rounders for another first? Then we could go BPA with our first and draft for need with the 2nd (i.e. Defensive Line).

The fly in the ointment with that I guess is that if we had a high 1st rounder our high 2nd rounder would almost be as good as a 1st round pick so it might not be worth it. Guess it depends where we pick, but seeing as we are purely speculating, anybody got thoughts on that one?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 19, 2006, 11:02:16 AM

A stud center in the second would be just gravy for the Bucs. The line has already been the least of my concerns that past two weeks and for all the worries I had about starting two rookies on the right, they have actually played quite better than I expected.

Also, if the Bucs do get a top 5 pick, I would have little problems if they traded down for a 10-20 pick and another day 1 choice. If the Bucs can somehow get a second for Rice, I like the idea of having 6 day 1 choices. THat would just make me all giddy on the inside.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 19, 2006, 11:05:10 AM

Also, if the Bucs do get a top 5 pick, I would have little problems if they traded down for a 10-20 pick and another day 1 choice.

I like this idea.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 19, 2006, 12:53:13 PM

I'd still guess rd1 center.  Trade down if available.  I think if you can't get on in FA, it's as close to a must pick as you can get.  It's the last piece on a young offense, and it looks like there's at least one that'll be there.  Why would you switch to D and leave a gaping hole there?  Get a good C and the line, and the O,  is ready for the future.  Grab 2 rd2 players on D, and make your splash in FA there.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 19, 2006, 01:48:10 PM

This guy you will all hear about and we should and hopefully will use that 2nd round pick on Mkristo Bruce
DE | (6'5", 260, 5.1) | WASHINGTON STATE. He is a Jevon Kearse who plays up at WSU and is an absolute freak, hence the nickname. He has a quick first step, does a good job of anticipating the snap and makes it difficult for offensive linemen to get into position. Plays with a mean streak, possesses adequate upper body strength and flashes the ability to shed blocks quickly. Added weight during collegiate career and has the frame to continue to bulk up. Possesses good balance and rarely gets knocked to the ground. Has good lateral mobility, uses hands fairly well and flashes effective double moves. Is a relentless pass rusher and looks to strip the ball when gets to the quarterback. Is tall and has long arms so is capable of getting hands up in passing windows. Possesses good athletic ability, can change directions quickly and lined up at linebacker at high school.

I'm telling you, remember this guys name come april, we most certainly should Bruce! I say we Marcus thomas in the first. Do that you add 2 studs to this unit that can dominate for years to come.

So my draft would go like this...
1. Marcus Thomas DT Florida
2. Aaron Rouse SS Virginia Tech
3. Mkristo Bruce DE Washington State

There you would have 3 starters on defense that would come in and play at a high level for many years. 3 Studs for the defense! In the offseason we get an OT and or a center that enables us to do so. Lets not forget our 2 3rd round picks we would have (our original and the Rice trade!)

Baghead #2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 19, 2006, 02:26:24 PM

I'd still guess rd1 center. Trade down if available. I think if you can't get on in FA, it's as close to a must pick as you can get. It's the last piece on a young offense, and it looks like there's at least one that'll be there. Why would you switch to D and leave a gaping hole there? Get a good C and the line, and the O, is ready for the future. Grab 2 rd2 players on D, and make your splash in FA there.

Yep, that's how I feel.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 19, 2006, 03:07:05 PM

Very rarely are centers drafted in the 1st round. Not to mention we will more than likely be picking in the top 10. Couple those 2 and drafting a center in round one would be the joke of the NFL draft, would make no sense.

If we trade down to draft a center, huge mistake...

Baghead #2

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#29 : October 19, 2006, 03:30:14 PM

We need a speed receiver.  (Joey may be gone after next year.)  A big DT.  A safety.  A kicker.  And a Center.  A new SS wouldn't hurt either.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Wishlist/Predictions........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools