Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are we going to do to improve our pass rush? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : March 03, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »

I don't know how anyone can talk about the deveopment of Zemitis ... we haven't seen or heard a damn thang from or even about him - from anyone!.  You can't figure him in the plans yet IMO.  He could be like Ronde and need a good 3 years before he's ready.

Our pass rush will be better than last year and there is no need to get rid of a great CB.  First we got rid of some aweful coaching and replaced it with a guy I would consider right up there (closely) with ole Rod.  Second, the draft is deep as heck with DE's.  No need to trade for one or sign one to big buckeroos [as long as Rice isn't traded].  Third, Booger is gone! And Spires will finally be replaced - too bad White never could beat him out earlier.

« #16 : March 03, 2007, 11:20:33 PM »

B.J. Askew is going to line up at UT, Jake Plummer will be at DE, and Jeff Garcia will play SS.
LARRY BRACKINS!!!

wolfet

Pro Bowler
« #17 : March 03, 2007, 11:22:06 PM »

The void I want to fill in FA is at the safety position.  I haven't heard anything about Doss or Grant yet and heard that Hamilin was visiting NO.

« #18 : March 03, 2007, 11:22:44 PM »

The void I want to fill in FA is at the safety position.  I haven't heard anything about Doss or Grant yet and heard that Hamilin was visiting NO.
Hamlin delayed his visit to NO a day and visited with a mystery team today...let's hope we're talking contract right now.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #19 : March 03, 2007, 11:25:24 PM »

I don't know how anyone can talk about the deveopment of Zemitis ... we haven't seen or heard a damn thang from or even about him - from anyone!.  You can't figure him in the plans yet IMO.  He could be like Ronde and need a good 3 years before he's ready.

Our pass rush will be better than last year and there is no need to get rid of a great CB.  First we got rid of some aweful coaching and replaced it with a guy I would consider right up there (closely) with ole Rod.  Second, the draft is deep as heck with DE's.  No need to trade for one or sign one to big buckeroos [as long as Rice isn't traded].  Third, Booger is gone! And Spires will finally be replaced - too bad White never could beat him out earlier.

If Zemaitis can be the next Ronde, I'm willing to wait.

I really think that all of our D-line help is coming through the draft.  Tim Crowder, Lawrence Timmons, and IMO, our best bet, Marcus Thomas, are all guys that could come in and contribute.

T

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 03, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »

The Bucs need to look at Hamlin before a smart team snags him away.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 03, 2007, 11:28:31 PM »

I really think that all of our D-line help is coming through the draft.  Tim Crowder, Lawrence Timmons, and IMO, our best bet, Marcus Thomas, are all guys that could come in and contribute.
yup. Then with saftey we can get a short term guy in Grant/Hamlin/Doss

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

skip

Starter

« #22 : March 03, 2007, 11:29:30 PM »

why are the Bucs not bringing in Kerney for a look?

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #23 : March 03, 2007, 11:30:34 PM »

I don't know how anyone can talk about the deveopment of Zemitis ... we haven't seen or heard a damn thang from or even about him - from anyone!.  You can't figure him in the plans yet IMO.  He could be like Ronde and need a good 3 years before he's ready.

Our pass rush will be better than last year and there is no need to get rid of a great CB.  First we got rid of some aweful coaching and replaced it with a guy I would consider right up there (closely) with ole Rod.  Second, the draft is deep as heck with DE's.  No need to trade for one or sign one to big buckeroos [as long as Rice isn't traded].  Third, Booger is gone! And Spires will finally be replaced - too bad White never could beat him out earlier.

I really think that all of our D-line help is coming through the draft.  Tim Crowder, Lawrence Timmons, and IMO, our best bet, Marcus Thomas, are all guys that could come in and contribute.
yup. Then with saftey we can get a short term guy in Grant/Hamlin/Doss

I would love to have Mike Doss.  I think he could teach Will Allen a thing or two.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 03, 2007, 11:31:34 PM »

why are the Bucs not bringing in Kerney for a look?
too much $$$ and injury prone. Chuck wasn't as expensive and he is a better pass rusher.
Only thing I fear is Atlanta,they are going to run power running game next year. We really need some DT depth

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

sma2680

Practice Squad

« #25 : March 03, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »

Crowder has never showed up in the games as well as he does in workouts. I see all the UT games and Robison makes more plays than Crowder. The reason I suggested trading Kelly is because he was injured for large parts of the last 2 out of 3 seasons, Detroit is in desperate need of a CB and we are in desperate need of DL and with the signing of Buchanon and the hopeful development of Zemeitas we have good depth behind him!

Being someone who also watches every UT game, I disagree with this statement.  Robison is a good player and was underrated until he blew up at the combine, but Crowder was a 4 year starter at UT, and had 10.5 sacks last year, and was a Hendricks award finalist.  Crowder has been an excellent and reliable player all 4 years at Texas.  The only thing Robison is better at is blocking FGs...

PoorRichard

Starter

« #26 : March 03, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »

Now that QB has been resolved, the Bucs must address pass rush with the #1 pick or they are making a big mistake. Whether they pick Adams, Anderson, Moss...whether they need to trade down to get value out of the pick, they need to find pass rush to improve this team. Waiting until rounds 2-4 reduces the likelihood (obviously not completely) of finding an impact player. IMO, there are at least 3 legit top 10 DEs in this draft...

DE is quickly becoming the most coveted position in the league. Every good FA DE got slapped with the franchise tag.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 03, 2007, 11:38:23 PM »

Now that QB has been resolved, the Bucs must address pass rush with the #1 pick or they are making a big mistake.

But what if Joe Thomas is sitting there at #4 on draft day?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 04, 2007, 01:28:17 AM »

So we all agree we need pass rush and 75% of people on here want to spend the #1 on a receiver?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #29 : March 04, 2007, 01:33:35 AM »

I would love to have Mike Doss. I think he could teach Will Allen a thing or two.

Well at least we know he could beat him out at OSU.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are we going to do to improve our pass rush? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools