Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bush Lawyer Said President Could Order Civilians to Be 'Massacred' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 23, 2010, 11:35:44 AM

Its WAR! If the president thought it in the best interests of the country to destroy a country with one push of the button.(Woman and Children included). I'll support it.  America first.

Next time terrorists bomb america, look no further than your statement as to their justification.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#16 : February 23, 2010, 11:46:12 AM

Its WAR! If the president thought it in the best interests of the country to destroy a country with one push of the button.(Woman and Children included). I'll support it. America first.

Next time terrorists bomb america, look no further than your statement as to their justification.

Americans will never take the '' be nice so others like us '' mentality.. It is causing the pussification of America.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 23, 2010, 11:54:56 AM

Its WAR! If the president thought it in the best interests of the country to destroy a country with one push of the button.(Woman and Children included). I'll support it. America first.

Americans will never take the '' be nice so others like us '' mentality.. It is causing the pussification of America.

It's not about being overly nice, it's about not being a jackass.

What's the difference between a terrorist cell leader calling in to kill a bunch of civilians for no reason, or if the president does it?

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 23, 2010, 07:24:57 PM

It was thanks to the Wall Street bankers that enabled Hitlers rise to power. There would not have been a WWII, but there was thanks to some very powerful people in Washington. Guess who was one of those influential people that helped Hitlers rise? Prescott Bush, anybody know who that Is? None other than George W Bush's Grand Daddy who was a former U.S. Senator and Wall Street Banker and known Nazi symphathizer. We originally financed Hitlers rise to help defeat Communism and among other things. Oliver Stone is putting together a 10 part documentary that outlines Americas secret dark history, not that I hadn't already knew about. It seems like history keeps repeating itself and we always end up biting ourselves in the a$$. It happened again when we financed and were allies with Bin Laden, enabling him to defeat the Soviets in there invasion of Afganistan. It happened again when we made allies with Saddam Hussein with his war on the Kurds, WE were the ones who supplied him with chemical weapons that he used to gas them.   

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 23, 2010, 05:07:21 PM

That same mentality is why we are viewed as the most hated country in the world.

Yep. That is the mentality that BREEDS terrorism. We've created our own enemies. And from a purely objective viewpoint, we're reaping what we've sowed.

We'll sow more than we reap flojo......Here's a thought.........How 'bout you just go hide somewhere, and we'll do what needs to be done, you wimp!!

Who is this "we" you speak of?  Because I highly doubt your fatass is enlisted...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 23, 2010, 05:27:37 PM

If any country other than the USA was the world superpower, the world would have been vaporized years ago.

extremely TRUE!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 23, 2010, 05:40:31 PM

Also, we didnt come out of WWII without blood on our hands. We dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of civilians. We dropped cluster bombs on Germany, some hitting hospitals and schools. We HAD to do these things if we wanted to win the war. That was the price of victory.

Imagine if the Nazis got to the nuclear bomb before we did... What if Germany won the war? Would they hesitate to use the nuke?

The world today would be a very, very different place and its unlikely the US would have survived. Sometimes difficult decisions need to be made. And there is no easy decision when it comes to war.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 23, 2010, 06:20:40 PM

What if Germany won the war?

you say that like it's a bad thing.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#23 : February 25, 2010, 09:52:16 AM

Truman says been there done that.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 26, 2010, 05:08:35 AM

I like you TB Buccaneer but Oliver Stone is one of the most partisan, hackneyed directors ever. I trust him to make a good documentary about as much as I trust Michael Moore.

Lets say that the eldest Bush did do all they say (I haven't researched it) but what does that prove? A lot of people rightly feared what Stalin was doing and when Hitler was on the rise many people all over the political spectrum thought he was doing a good thing. By bringing stability to Germany it wouldn't fall to Communism the way Russia did. Time even made him man of the year in 1936 (They later expunged it).

We have often supported entities that ended up becoming our enemies. We supported Saddam to fight the Iranians who overthrew the Shah and we viewed as radical and the bigger threat. Obviously that didn't work out so well although I can't say it would have been better if Iran had been able to counter-attack successfully.

We supported bin Laden and the Mujahedin's efforts to thwart the Soviets in Afghanistan which had the positive effect of helping bring about the end of the USSR but obviously empowered a radical jihadist.

The US like most other powers has made major foreign policy decisions it would like to have back. When you side with certain entities over others in foreign conflicts inevitably you are going to have some that bite you in the keester.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 27, 2010, 07:14:23 PM

Oliver Stone is one of the most partisan, hackneyed directors ever.

+1.. F'n hate that guy. Best thing he ever did was write Scarface.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 27, 2010, 07:31:48 PM

Could and would might be different in only one letter but have by far different meanings.

You also have to take into account with regards to Afghanistan that we had to deal with the facts and the situation as it presented itself at the time. It's historical record that it came back to bite us in the ass, but it is also historical fact the Russians have been trying to get a warm water port for centuries. If they took total control of Afghanistan, would Pakistan be next, maybe India? Plus, keeping them bogged down there prevented them in focusing their attention elsewhere. The amount of money and manpower they needed in Afghanistan took it away from other "projects". Just look at us now. It was a reasonable decision at the time. With the benefit of hindsight could things have been different, sure, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#27 : February 27, 2010, 08:32:35 PM

People would hate America no matter what we would do... Apoligists in this country should either be shot for Treason or sent packing... Pussification of America is really disgusting these days.. I don't care whether you like this or not but more people think like me than some of you on this board... Hide behind your blogging ability to say this country reaps what we sow! I say go sow on the other side because your either with us or not!!!

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 27, 2010, 08:48:44 PM

You are one sick minded individual Bucbowl, you need to seek therapy!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 28, 2010, 06:59:26 PM

You are one sick minded individual Bucbowl, you need to seek therapy!

i think the true sick individual is the one that watches many Americans die from a terrorist attack, then trys and says the government was behind it, then defends the human rights of terrorist....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bush Lawyer Said President Could Order Civilians to Be 'Massacred' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools