Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Garcia have here what he had in San Fran and Philly? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: March 04, 2007, 12:13:21 AM

If you look at the teams who Garcia had success with there is one thing that all had in common. Good offensive line and running backs who can catch the ball. Whether it was Charlie Garner, Garrison Hearst, or Westbrook Garcia has had great recieving threats out of the backfield. We all know that the offensive line needs work for whoever is throwng the ball, but if it is Garcia back there Cadillac Williams is going to have to make significant strides as a reciever for this offense to reach it's potential.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 04, 2007, 12:15:58 AM

The Bucs run a true version of the WCO, so Garcia will be able to fit in...plus he likes to take off the minute things break down, and can male plays on the run.  That is why I like him here.

Cleveland doesn't run a WCO, and neither does Detroit.  If Gruden can get the team together, we may get to see the offense click this year.

Having a mobile QB is a huge asset in running this offense.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 04, 2007, 12:20:17 AM

hopefully, caddy can improve his passing game enough to let Garcia be successful.

I love the signing!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#3 : March 04, 2007, 12:20:58 AM

If you look at the teams who Garcia had success with there is one thing that all had in common. Good offensive line and running backs who can catch the ball. Whether it was Charlie Garner, Garrison Hearst, or Westbrook Garcia has had great recieving threats out of the backfield. We all know that the offensive line needs work for whoever is throwng the ball, but if it is Garcia back there Cadillac Williams is going to have to make significant strides as a reciever for this offense to reach it's potential.
I can think of a running back that catches the ball we could draft........

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 04, 2007, 12:22:49 AM

Caddy was better catching last year than the year before.  Hopefully he improves this year as well.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : March 04, 2007, 12:23:02 AM

No. 2 words. O line.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 04, 2007, 12:24:09 AM

I can think of a running back that catches the ball we could draft........

Me too.  Except he is a FB, and his name is Brian Leonard!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : March 04, 2007, 12:27:28 AM

No. 2 words. O line.
O isn't a word.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2007, 12:28:00 AM

We're done adding players so the O Line you see now is what we are going to start the
season with. Right Karen? We're passing on all remaining FAs and will forfeit all
draft picks. Right Karen?

#9 : March 04, 2007, 12:29:34 AM

Now this is a legitimate concern and something i was talkin to my brother about tonite. I was thinkin back to how Westbrook outta the backfield helped Garcia and in Caddy, we sure as hell don't have that here. That worries me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 04, 2007, 12:29:50 AM

The Bucs run a true version of the WCO, so Garcia will be able to fit in...plus he likes to take off the minute things break down, and can male plays on the run. That is why I like him here.

Cleveland doesn't run a WCO, and neither does Detroit. If Gruden can get the team together, we may get to see the offense click this year.

Detroit ran a WCO when he was there.  

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 04, 2007, 12:30:21 AM

The Bucs run a true version of the WCO, so Garcia will be able to fit in...plus he likes to take off the minute things break down, and can male plays on the run. That is why I like him here.

Cleveland doesn't run a WCO, and neither does Detroit. If Gruden can get the team together, we may get to see the offense click this year.

Wrong. Detroit did run a WCO under Marty Mortingwhig (spelling) who had been Garcia's OC in San Fran. Cleveland also was running an offense with a lot of similiarities to a WCO under Butch Davis. I seem to remember Garcia playing decent in both places despite the bad record.

For anybody thinking that Garcia is going to come in here and light up this offense think again. Is he better than any of the QB's we have on the roster? Yes, unless Simms makes significant improvement in the mental part of his game. Are we going to put up any 40 berger's? No. Are we going to the playoffs? If our defense gets back to top 10 and our running game is even better than it was in 05' then probably yes.

#12 : March 04, 2007, 12:30:55 AM

Quick, take that 1.5 from Alstott and buy Caddy some jug machines and footballs.

#13 : March 04, 2007, 01:19:38 AM

Quick, take that 1.5 from Alstott and buy Caddy some jug machines and footballs.

you're in rare form 2nite.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 04, 2007, 01:21:03 AM

Detroit ran a WCO when he was there. 
I guess you could call it that...the same coach Morningwheg who also won the coin toss in OT and decided to kick the ball Marty...

That was not a WCO they ran.  It was a feeble attempt to run anything semblant to a Pro Offense.  And Also I thought it was the old coach of the Niners who was there...(Mooch)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Garcia have here what he had in San Fran and Philly? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools