Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Garcia have here what he had in San Fran and Philly? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : March 04, 2007, 01:21:30 AM

Quick, take that 1.5 from Alstott and buy Caddy some jug machines and footballs.

you're in rare form 2nite.
Don't encourage him.  He's in his usual form---smart azz.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 04, 2007, 01:52:39 AM

The Bucs run a true version of the WCO, so Garcia will be able to fit in...plus he likes to take off the minute things break down, and can male plays on the run. That is why I like him here.

Cleveland doesn't run a WCO, and neither does Detroit. If Gruden can get the team together, we may get to see the offense click this year.

Having a mobile QB is a huge asset in running this offense.

Wrong. Detroit did run a WCO under Marty Mortingwhig (spelling) who had been Garcia's OC in San Fran. Cleveland also was running an offense with a lot of similiarities to a WCO under Butch Davis. I seem to remember Garcia playing decent in both places despite the bad record.

For anybody thinking that Garcia is going to come in here and light up this offense think again. Is he better than any of the QB's we have on the roster? Yes, unless Simms makes significant improvement in the mental part of his game. Are we going to put up any 40 berger's? No. Are we going to the playoffs? If our defense gets back to top 10 and our running game is even better than it was in 05' then probably yes.

Nobody will mistake us for Indy, but Garcia > Rattay, who didn't look half bad.  We'll look significgantly better.

#17 : March 04, 2007, 01:54:01 AM

Quick, take that 1.5 from Alstott and buy Caddy some jug machines and footballs.

you're in rare form 2nite.
Don't encourage him.  He's in his usual form---smart azz.
Eh I'd like to think I've been re-energized.

#18 : March 04, 2007, 06:58:28 AM

No. 2 words. O line.
Umm, okay....After we signing Petigout, and possibly Newberry, our O-line will be much improved...After that our offense might be have decent:
QB-Garcia
RB-Caddy
FB-Griffith?
WR-CJ
WR-Galloway
LT-Petigout
LG-Buenning
C-Newberry
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

watson

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 04, 2007, 07:13:07 AM

If you look at the teams who Garcia had success with there is one thing that all had in common. Good offensive line and running backs who can catch the ball. Whether it was Charlie Garner, Garrison Hearst, or Westbrook Garcia has had great recieving threats out of the backfield. We all know that the offensive line needs work for whoever is throwng the ball, but if it is Garcia back there Cadillac Williams is going to have to make significant strides as a reciever for this offense to reach it's potential.

Everyone seems to forget that the player with the best hands on the team is Pittman.  And it could be argued that he actually played better than Caddy did last year when he was in the game.  When JG was in Oakland he used multiple RBs and that team was pretty successful.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 04, 2007, 09:19:46 AM

The Bucs run a true version of the WCO, so Garcia will be able to fit in...plus he likes to take off the minute things break down, and can male plays on the run.  That is why I like him here.

Cleveland doesn't run a WCO, and neither does Detroit.  If Gruden can get the team together, we may get to see the offense click this year.

Having a mobile QB is a huge asset in running this offense.

DET did, Steve Mariucci ring a bell?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 04, 2007, 09:48:36 AM

Pittman can catch, I think youll see him in the game plenty this year.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Garcia have here what he had in San Fran and Philly? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools