Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated rips us... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 05, 2007, 12:36:51 AM

I swear I remember it was SI picking us last in 2002.

Nope, they picked us to go 13-3 in 2002:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/main/

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#76 : March 05, 2007, 12:46:58 AM

8 weeks ago, every media outlet annointed Garcia the big catch in FA. Most, especially those in the Northeast, felt McNabb should be replaced by Garcia indefinitely.

The NFL media is ready to annoint any team Super Bowl champ after 1 good win and put any coach on the hot-seat after 1 bad loss. The minute you start listening to what the yammering heads on ESPN say or write in the press instead of looking with your own eyes at games and numbers is the minute you stop being an intelligent football fan.

Anyone that thinks bringing in Garcia is a bad move is a fool. As for the Plummer deal...who knows. The jury is still out, so judgment is reserved for now. Wake up people!!! Does anyone really think going into the season with only Simms, Grad, and maybe Quinn was the better move??

This team will never draft and develop a franchise quarterback that can provide stability at the position for multiple years like a Palmer, Manning or Brady until the people running the team stop being so damn impatient when results aren't overnight and start teaching instead of shouting and yanking.

Until that happens, it'll be a nonstop cavalcade of has-been veterans on the downslide of their careers trying to milk a little more out of their aging skillsets and win 8 or 9 games.

As a Bucs fan, I'm far from content with that. You should be too, IMO.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#77 : March 05, 2007, 12:50:25 AM

8 weeks ago, every media outlet annointed Garcia the big catch in FA. Most, especially those in the Northeast, felt McNabb should be replaced by Garcia indefinitely.

The NFL media is ready to annoint any team Super Bowl champ after 1 good win and put any coach on the hot-seat after 1 bad loss. The minute you start listening to what the yammering heads on ESPN say or write in the press instead of looking with your own eyes at games and numbers is the minute you stop being an intelligent football fan.

Anyone that thinks bringing in Garcia is a bad move is a fool. As for the Plummer deal...who knows. The jury is still out, so judgment is reserved for now. Wake up people!!! Does anyone really think going into the season with only Simms, Grad, and maybe Quinn was the better move??

This team will never draft and develop a franchise quarterback that can provide stability at the position for multiple years like a Palmer, Manning or Brady until the people running the team stop being so damn impatient when results aren't overnight and start teaching instead of shouting and yanking.

Until that happens, it'll be a nonstop cavalcade of has-been veterans on the downslide of their careers trying to milk a little more out of their aging skillsets and win 8 or 9 games.

As a Bucs fan, I'm far from content with that. You should be too, IMO.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#78 : March 05, 2007, 01:07:30 AM

I swear I remember it was SI picking us last in 2002.

Nope, they picked us to go 13-3 in 2002:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/main/

Well some big sports mag picked us to be last when we won the South. Maybe it was 2 seasons ago then. Maybe i need to go to bed. lol

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 12, 2010, 10:24:16 PM

Its simple...
-If Plummer retires a Buc, the Bucs own his rights for 3 years. Meaning that if he ever wanted to come out of retirement, the team that wants him owes us compensation. The only thing the Broncos get is a 6th or 7th rounder. So basically we are giving up a very late draft pick in order to control Plummer's rights.
-If the union wins the case against the league, the trade is voided and the Bucs owe nothing to anyone. Plummer retires as a Bronco and he has to pay back the Broncos a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus.

The only negative about the deal is if Plummer calls Bruce Allen's bluff and reports for Bucs camp. The Bucs lose a 4th rounder. But I seriously doubt Plummer will report. Even if he does, the Bucs can throw him on the reserve list and minimize his cap value.

Or maybe we could lose by not getting a quality starter in the 7th (Peyton Hillis) instead of another retiree.  Man, you are pretty good at this.  They should make you GM.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 13, 2010, 03:01:47 AM

Gruden is not sinking this team.

Glad the Glazers disagreed.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#81 : December 13, 2010, 07:34:52 AM

Gruden is not sinking this team.

Glad the Glazers disagreed.

Me too!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated rips us... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools