Boards > The Red Board

Forget SI...Clayton over on ESPN..."Smart Business. Hard Business."

(1/4) > >>

dodda45:
Calls this a good move...He states exactly what most of us are stating here...He called it "smart business...hard business."  Plummer and the Texans were trying to pull one over on the league and now we put ourselves in position to take advantage...

By they way, I think Garcia and Grads are the only sure things on this roster...If Plummer stays, Simms gets traded or cut (too much for a third stringer who can't pass over the line of scrimmage)...If Plummer retires, Simms stays...If we trade Plummer for Carr, Simms is traded or cut...If we trade Plummer for a pick, Simms stays...

Grads played pretty well for a rookie 6th-round pick in tough circumstances and brutal schedule...and I think the Bucs like him...Garcia is the perfect mentor for him...

dodda45:
By the way...Clayton makes reference to the Broncos not wanting to part with a draft choice, thus voiding a trade with the Texans... It appears that is what Plummer and the Texans wanted...now lets see how bad they want it...

alldaway:
Either Plummer or Simms will be traded it seems down the road.

chuckaneers:
What's the deal with the ESPN guys (Pasquarelli, Clayton, etc.) talking about Plummer retiring and then un-retiring to sign with the Texans (pre-Bucs trade)? I don't think you can do that. Denver would have still owned his rights. Any thoughts?

beniro:
My take on this whole "3 QB's" thing is as follows:

Over the last months, we've signed three of the best QB's in an incredibly weak FA.  Over the next months, there will be a team desparate for a QB (like we were last year).  We will be able to offer them Plummer (or Simms) for much more value.  That's if the whole Plummer thing still comes through...

I don't see why a team truly in need wouldn't give us a #3 for Jake.

Fresh:
Plummer will retire.. :)

Bucs Capacitor:
This proves that we shouldn't poop a brick over what SI says.  Not that Clayton is the end-all be-all opinion when it comes to football, but just the fact that not EVERYONE is throwing us under the bus already should be enough to say, "Well, I hope we come out on top, because no one REALLY knows what Chucky has up his sleeve."

MiltonMack21:

--- Quote from: Cor on March 04, 2007, 11:09:02 AM ---This proves that we shouldn't poop a brick over what SI says.  Not that Clayton is the end-all be-all opinion when it comes to football, but just the fact that not EVERYONE is throwing us under the bus already should be enough to say, "Well, I hope we come out on top, because no one REALLY knows what Chucky has up his sleeve."

--- End quote ---
Clayton is a 9 out of 10 type of guy. However it would be the most unwise thing this franchise did if we parted with Simms over Gradkowski for ANY reason.

cvillebucfan:
Well you part with simms because you can't get squat for Gradkowski

MiltonMack21:

--- Quote from: Cvillebucfan on March 04, 2007, 11:15:27 AM ---Well you part with simms because you can't get squat for Gradkowski

--- End quote ---
Cut his ass then. He is definitely not part of the future here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version