Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Berry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 02, 2010, 05:01:37 PM

Endurance is built through how much can you lift? Nope.... I played hs bball and I wasn't much in the weight room but I could run all day long... Endurance has nothing to do with how many reps you can do...

The drill isn't about how much you can lift. Everyone lifts the same amount of weight. 225 lbs. The drill is about how many times can you lift it. When your muscles are burning and weak, and it feels like 500 lbs....how many more times can you fight thru it and push it out? That is endurance.

Running is stamina, and like I said, that can be fixed. Trainers would need to get him doing more cardio if that was an issue. Not a big deal.

X Factor

Starter
#31 : March 02, 2010, 05:08:38 PM

That is still strength to me... Your saying the drill is to see who has the endurance to lift it the most times, I say it is to see who has the strength to lift it the most times.  Endurance and stamina are basically the samething...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Kgoose320

Second String

#32 : March 02, 2010, 05:14:49 PM

Everyone wants to talk trash about how he had his worst year in "our system", yet im pretty sure they had him playing in the box most of the season, I know that if we pick someone else and they don't pan out, we're gonna have threads in a couple years saying "and to think we coulda had Eric Berry". Im all for either of the tackles but Berry has to be taken if we cant trade down from the 3 spot and Suh and McCoy are gone.

You say "yet they had him in the box" like that's not exactly where he'd be playing here.

Exactly why you don't take him at 3....

He's not done developing the kind of potential he has though, its not like once you get eric berry he stops growing as player. The talent, skill set and potential he possesses as a player is remarkable. With good coaching (and people will nitpick that with saying Rah sucks somehow) he'll learn to play the run better and Im sure he could bulk up a little. As McCoy, Berry is only a Jr.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 02, 2010, 05:15:06 PM

Strength would be seeing who can max out the most weight.

X Factor

Starter
#34 : March 02, 2010, 05:23:15 PM

To me the Bench press is so overblown anyways... I mean if we go by the combine then we should take Geno Atkins over Suh and McCoy, he benched more and had a better 40 time then both of those guys...

Larry Brackins

Starter
#35 : March 02, 2010, 05:23:48 PM

You can make a case for nearly anybody at #3. It's really going to be tough for the Bucs to go wrong.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Kgoose320

Second String

#36 : March 02, 2010, 05:29:05 PM

You can make a case for nearly anybody at #3. It's really going to be tough for the Bucs to go wrong.

True the Bucs just can't afford to take a high boom/bust player. We need a sure thing to keep building upon and to me Eric Berry fits that profile. Great character kind of a player. We need leaders and team players, not prima donnas or players with character issues or just great physical tools but need some polishing. (Dez and JPP)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 02, 2010, 05:31:13 PM

Tito, your saying strength, endurance, and stamina are all the same thing, and that's just wrong. Why would there be three different words with three different definitions if they were all the same thing?

No one is saying draft the guy that does the most reps. That is silly. All I'm saying is the bench rep drill is just another bit of information you factor into to making an educated guess on draft day.

X Factor

Starter
#38 : March 02, 2010, 05:43:00 PM

Tito, your saying strength, endurance, and stamina are all the same thing, and that's just wrong. Why would there be three different words with three different definitions if they were all the same thing?

No one is saying draft the guy that does the most reps. That is silly. All I'm saying is the bench rep drill is just another bit of information you factor into to making an educated guess on draft day.

No I am saying endurance and stamina are basically the same thing. Your saying the bench press is an endurance drill, I say it's a strength drill. I said being able to run all day long is endurance, you say stamina, that is the same to me...
I am not trying to spin anything, my point was the combine stats are overblown, not that you shouldn't factor it in at all... Maybe I took it to the extreme with Atkins but I was just making a point about how overblown the combine is...

X Factor

Starter
#39 : March 02, 2010, 05:48:01 PM

And I do think Atkins is going to be a great DT and wouldn't mind one bit grabbing 2 DTs out of the first 5 picks... Rotation of Roy Miller/Atkins and either Suh/McCoy would be awesome...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 02, 2010, 06:04:24 PM

I think drafting two DTs would be very smart. Adtkins is projected as a 4th to 5th rounder though, so I wouldn't wanna grab him before the 5th. Mike Neal, Laamar Houston, and Tyson Alaulu are all solid DTs though that I'd love to see us get in the 2nd to 4th.

I think this draft has ridiculous depth at DB. I hope we draft two safeties as well. Tanard is great, but if he smokes pot again he's suspended. Sappy sucks, Will Allen is a good special teamer, but that's about it. Corey Lynch is decent depth, but pretty slow. I think two solid safeties would be a very good idea.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 02, 2010, 06:15:42 PM

Where's the "Berry's 40 time is somewhat disappointing thread at"? lmao

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 02, 2010, 06:19:05 PM

Eric Berry reminds me of Charles Woodson. Maybe a little less of a playmaker than Woodson is though.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

buccnation

Starter
#43 : March 02, 2010, 06:51:02 PM

I would LOVE to have woodson tampa and if berry is anything close to woodson i take him unless suh or mccoy are there imo

Lovin the Lovie

X Factor

Starter
#44 : March 02, 2010, 06:59:52 PM

I think drafting two DTs would be very smart. Adtkins is projected as a 4th to 5th rounder though, so I wouldn't wanna grab him before the 5th. Mike Neal, Laamar Houston, and Tyson Alaulu are all solid DTs though that I'd love to see us get in the 2nd to 4th.

I think this draft has ridiculous depth at DB. I hope we draft two safeties as well. Tanard is great, but if he smokes pot again he's suspended. Sappy sucks, Will Allen is a good special teamer, but that's about it. Corey Lynch is decent depth, but pretty slow. I think two solid safeties would be a very good idea.

Geno Atkins is a solid 3rd round guy... But I would love Alaualu or Houston as well, if we can land Suh or McCoy and either one of these guys In the 2nd/3rd round I would be very happy...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Berry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools