Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Davis off the Market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2007, 12:28:31 PM

Every team in the NFC East was after this guy.   He must have something going for him.

Aratar

Rookie

#1 : March 04, 2007, 11:48:10 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2787446

:-[

Damn.... would have been perfect at gaurd for us...

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 04, 2007, 11:49:29 AM

Cowboys | Team finalizing deal with Davis
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:47:00 -0800

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys are finalizing an agreement with free agent OT Leonard Davis (Cardinals). Davis' contract is expected to exceed the deals of Buffalo Bills OG Derrick Dockery and Cleveland Browns OG Eric Steinbach. Davis is expected to play either right tackle or right guard for the Cowboys.

Going to exceed the deal for Steinbach? You've got to be kidding me for Davis. Steinbach's deal is redicilous but at least Eric is one of the best at his position. FA spending run amuck.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2007, 11:50:07 AM

wow

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2007, 11:50:32 AM

I guess the Cowboys really did base this signing purely on hype.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : March 04, 2007, 11:50:55 AM

Luke's price just went up...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2007, 11:52:07 AM

Like I had said before, the Cowboys had targeted this guy and they're going to pay out the butt to get him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 04, 2007, 11:55:08 AM

We don't need a Guard, we need a LOT and an OC

#8 : March 04, 2007, 12:10:37 PM

We don't need a Guard, we need a LOT and an OC

LOL

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : March 04, 2007, 12:14:36 PM

Like I had said before, the Cowboys had targeted this guy and they're going to pay out the butt to get him.
When the Cowbays are in the Superbowl next year everyone will be crying as to just how all these teams are successful, and we are mediocre.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2007, 12:17:45 PM

When the Cowbays are in the Superbowl next year everyone will be crying as to just how all these teams are successful, and we are mediocre.

You know the history of HUGE free agent signings don't you... You think because the Bucs are managing there cap room they are idiots. Screw paying a mediocre player pro bowl money. And screw paying a good corner MVP money!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 04, 2007, 12:23:15 PM

One report had Davis asking for a 23 million signing bonus. If the Bucs had done that we'd all be **CENSORED**ing at them. Davis is extremely overrated and only played above average in a contract year.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : March 04, 2007, 12:30:23 PM

You know the history of HUGE free agent signings don't you... You think because the Bucs are managing there cap room they are idiots. Screw paying a mediocre player pro bowl money. And screw paying a good corner MVP money!
I don't expect you to get it. You fall into the group of fans with the trendy view on things. I'll bet you were one who thought the Vikes overpaid for Hutchinson too right? Now look, he's still the best guard in football but not the highest paid anymore. Hell, I was the biggest complainer about Rice's salary. I have to admittedly shut my mouth now, because even at 10 mil, he's just come back to the pack in terms of salary. What happens in 3 years when average corners are making more than Clements?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 04, 2007, 12:32:30 PM

I don't follow what trendy. Whats trendy is over paying players. You gotta play free agency smart man. You are obviously just going to be argumentative and narrow minded so I am done wasting my time on you trying to make you think clearly.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2007, 12:33:15 PM

Every team in the NFC East was after this guy.   He must have something going for him.

What he has it that he is. Bottom line, there aren't many FA's on the market and he is the best of the LOT crowd out there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Davis off the Market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools