Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Davis off the Market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : March 04, 2007, 12:35:09 PM

I don't follow what trendy. Whats trendy is over paying players. You gotta play free agency smart man. You are obviously just going to be argumentative and narrow minded so I am done wasting my time on you trying to make you think clearly.
You're narrow minded. Think for yourself for once.

Did you think the vVkes overpaid for Hutchinson? I know Dalbuc did and Uncle Stan did. Is Hutchinson overpaid now? He;s still making the same amount of money and under the same contract. Is he overpaid now?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 04, 2007, 12:38:43 PM

Why do you keep bringing this up. I never said Hutchinson was overpaid!!! Jesus, you bring up things that are completely not relevant to conversations.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : March 04, 2007, 12:41:19 PM

Why do you keep bringing this up. I never said Hutchinson was overpaid!!! Jesus, you bring up things that are completely not relevant to conversations.
Of course they are relevant. Are you retarded. There are good players in FA right now. You want good players you pay for them. Just like the Vikes did. Giving Steinbach 12 mil a year would be overpaying. When the Cowboys are in the Superbowl next season, ask their fans if they care that they gave Davis a little more money than he deserved.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2007, 12:46:20 PM

Its isnt relevant because Hutchinson isnt over paid!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 04, 2007, 12:51:07 PM

I don't follow what trendy. Whats trendy is over paying players. You gotta play free agency smart man. You are obviously just going to be argumentative and narrow minded so I am done wasting my time on you trying to make you think clearly.
You're narrow minded. Think for yourself for once.

Did you think the vVkes overpaid for Hutchinson? I know Dalbuc did and Uncle Stan did. Is Hutchinson overpaid now? He;s still making the same amount of money and under the same contract. Is he overpaid now?
Yeah....two other guys getting overpaid doesn't change the fact that he is overpaid. It's like everyone who said Simeon looks like a bargain with the Franchise tenders all these guys got. Other guys getting paid doesn't change the fact the Simeon's deal was and is outrageous.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : March 04, 2007, 12:55:23 PM

Its isnt relevant because Hutchinson isnt over paid!
But many thought he was when he got signed. Just like Clements won't be over paid a in a few years, but the 9ers will still have a very good corner.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 04, 2007, 12:58:40 PM

He will be over paid for 2 reasons... Clements is getting paid much much much more than Hutchinson. And he isn't near as good at his respected position.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : March 04, 2007, 01:03:32 PM

He will be over paid for 2 reasons... Clements is getting paid much much much more than Hutchinson. And he isn't near as good at his respected position.
You want to be good, you pay for good players. Overpaying for bad players is where you get into cap hell. Maybe you just can't grasp that.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2007, 01:06:39 PM

You want to be good, you pay for good players. Overpaying for bad players is where you get into cap hell. Maybe you just can't grasp that.

You can give Clements a nice contract but 8 years 80 million is excessive. Not only is it over paying...bull**CENSORED** like this is going to kill the front office side of the game. It could turn into the MLB!

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 04, 2007, 01:09:06 PM

That's a hell of a lot of money for a RT/RG that has underachieved his entire career. Dallas is goingto be in cap hell again in a few years.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : March 04, 2007, 01:09:30 PM

You can give Clements a nice contract but 8 years 80 million is excessive. Not only is it over paying...bull**CENSORED** like this is going to kill the front office side of the game. It could turn into the MLB!
That's an exceptionally clueless statement. You do know that it is impossible for the NFL to turn into the MLB. Have you heard of this new thing called a salary cap?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 04, 2007, 01:10:35 PM

That's an exceptionally clueless statement. You do know that it is impossible for the NFL to turn into the MLB. Have you heard of this new thing called a salary cap?

Haha... You think at this rate there will be any salary cap in 5or so years. Do you not even remember how close we were last year to losing the salary cap?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#27 : March 04, 2007, 01:12:46 PM

Haha... You think at this rate there will be any salary cap in 5or so years. Do you not even remember how close we were last year to losing the salary cap?
Close? LMAO. The owners would rather close the doors than give away the one thing that has made the NFL the most successful league in the world.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 04, 2007, 01:14:09 PM

i agree to a point you pay for what you get.still would overpaying for a solid player like davis is be smart.no.would his signing turn around our team.no.is he is a franchise type,pro bowl player like hutchinson.no.if he was so great why didn't the pathetic cardinals keep him or franchise him?because he is solid not spectacular.how many pro bowls has he made?none.how many times has he even been an all pro?the point is why get all upset because dallas overpayed for a solid player.besides will you even care if tampa drafts joe thomas.no.i doubt it.so just relax.it is not that big of a loss.some of you act like the sky just feel.oh no chicken little.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 04, 2007, 01:14:34 PM

Forget OTs in FA. Joe Thomas in the first.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Davis off the Market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools