Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Booker

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 30, 2010, 11:22:20 AM

Super Bowls. How many does Mcnabb have? Also, 5 NFC championships? Mcnabb has gone to the Super Bowl once.

ufcguy32

Starter

#16 : March 30, 2010, 11:26:09 AM

brees does have more superbowls...the point is ....and i cant wait to see who he lands with and takes them to a contender...just remember your serving of crow will come. mark my words.

DailyRich68

Starter
#17 : March 30, 2010, 11:27:54 AM

The Saints had a lot more pieces in place when Brees came in than we do right now.

ufcguy32

Starter

#18 : March 30, 2010, 11:31:40 AM

like i said time will tell....once he has a new home we will see what happens to that team.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 30, 2010, 11:32:28 AM

How is McNabb going to fix the defense or run game? Or the fact that our receivers aren't that good.

Here is how McNabb will fix the defense, run game, and WR situation.... Trade Freeman for pick #1 and pick # 65.  Trade #42 for McNabb.

1. DT - Suh
(trade 3 to Cleveland for 7 and 38 - to take Bradford)
(trade 7 to San Francisco for 13 and 79 - to take Berry)
(trade 13 to Houston for 20, 150 and 187 - to take Joe Haden)
20. RB - Ryan Mathews
35. TRADED to Denver for Brandon Marshall
38. WR - Arrelious Benn
42. TRADED for McNabb
65. DE - Corey Wootton
67. OT/G - Vladimir Ducasse
79. CB - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
101. OT - Kyle Calloway
150. LB - Donald Butler
153. WR - Marcus Easley
172. BPA
187. BPA
210. BPA
217. BPA
232. BPA
253. BPA

Now... I'm not saying that this will happen... just that it is a plausible scenario.  If we trade for McNabb, Freeman is expendable.  In a "weak QB draft", getting #1 and #65 for Freeman seems reasonable.  Having the 1st and 3rd picks overall makes trading down much easier as perfect compensation isn't all that important.

Oh... and I used Walterfootball.com to gauge what players will be available.  Obviously with 16 draft picks, moving up is viable option as well.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 30, 2010, 11:34:17 AM

brees does have more superbowls...the point is ....and i cant wait to see who he lands with and takes them to a contender...just remember your serving of crow will come. mark my words.

LOL. Mcnabb is not a savior for anyone. Why do you think Philly is trying to get rid of him for Kolb?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 30, 2010, 11:34:55 AM

Super Bowls. How many does Mcnabb have? Also, 5 NFC championships? Mcnabb has gone to the Super Bowl once.

McNabb>Freeman.

There is an age issue with McNabb, and we would be wasting money with Freeman. We would basically be making him a Luke McCown with a worse w-L record. Why not just go ahead, waste one season and see what the kid has? There is also the chance McNabb would play soft. It's not like guys haven't used the Bucs as a place to do that or anything.

Ward...

Besides, you guys are both completely missing, or avoiding the main problem in this logic. The Glazers would not spend that type of cash. Besides, from what PR says, they want to move to London anyway... ::)

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 30, 2010, 11:38:27 AM

LOL. Mcnabb is not a savior for anyone. Why do you think Philly is trying to get rid of him for Kolb?

If you think it's for any reason other than youth/contract status... you're kidding yourself.  BOTH are FA's after the 2010 season.  They love Kolb's potential and since he's like 9 years younger than McNabb, age is obviously an issue.  It's NOT about perfromance.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 30, 2010, 11:44:41 AM

How is McNabb going to fix the defense or run game? Or the fact that our receivers aren't that good.

Here is how McNabb will fix the defense, run game, and WR situation.... Trade Freeman for pick #1 and pick # 65. Trade #42 for McNabb.

1. DT - Suh
(trade 3 to Cleveland for 7 and 38 - to take Bradford)
(trade 7 to San Francisco for 13 and 79 - to take Berry)
(trade 13 to Houston for 20, 150 and 187 - to take Joe Haden)
20. RB - Ryan Mathews
35. TRADED to Denver for Brandon Marshall
38. WR - Arrelious Benn
42. TRADED for McNabb
65. DE - Corey Wootton
67. OT/G - Vladimir Ducasse
79. CB - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
101. OT - Kyle Calloway
150. LB - Donald Butler
153. WR - Marcus Easley
172. BPA
187. BPA
210. BPA
217. BPA
232. BPA
253. QB - Matt Nichols (Rich Gannon loves the kid - who knows... worth the 3rd to last pick in the draft)

Now... I'm not saying that this will happen... just that it is a plausible scenario. If we trade for McNabb, Freeman is expendable. In a "weak QB draft", getting #1 and #65 for Freeman seems reasonable. Having the 1st and 3rd picks overall makes trading down much easier as perfect compensation isn't all that important.

Oh... and I used Walterfootball.com to gauge what players will be available. Obviously with 16 draft picks, moving up is viable option as well.

B.t.w... I challenge ANYONE to give me a more exciting draft day than this!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 30, 2010, 11:48:35 AM

i know we wont pull the trigger, but i definitely think we should pull the trigger on him. i think he has at least 4 years left. this would draw immediate ticket sales and boost the morale of all the fans here. I could see us winning the division and being a serious contender in the playoffs with him at the qb position. He never really has had a consistent wide receiver core anyways lol it wouldnt be the first time he had to make all the plays. it would also give freeman more time to watch and learn. what say you?

Is that you Dan?  I heard you pimping this idea this morning.  And you wonder why people trip on you guys?  Dude it's sort of crazy to think of McNabb here now when we are trying to develop and grow with a young QB.  McNabb still has game.  He wants to start.  The Bucs see the future in Soul Glow.  No way that matches no how.  Just doesn't and for you to have been pissed this morning and calling out the FO because they aren't making a move on McNabb is less than from a guy who claims to know so much about the game.  Please choose a side Dan.  Either you're going to support the team or bash them.  But you can't do both....At least not in this instance...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufcguy32

Starter

#25 : March 30, 2010, 11:54:04 AM

lol its not dan...and i have the right to support and criticize the decisions i think are right. i will watch every game and cheer however, i will also tell you my opinions

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 30, 2010, 11:57:25 AM

You guys are missing the BIG PICTURE when it comes to trading for McNabb.

TRADE FOR McNABB = TRADING AWAY FREEMAN
(like I said above... In a "weak QB draft", getting #1 and #65 for Freeman seems reasonable)

Would you rather have McNABB, SUH, AND McCOY OR OKUNG... or Freeman and Suh OR McCoy???

ufcguy32

Starter

#27 : March 30, 2010, 11:59:35 AM

ill take mcnabb over freeman

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 30, 2010, 12:03:21 PM

Freeman and Suh.  Mcnabb is not going to do anything for our future. So on your logic the Lions, Jets, Ravens should trade for him also since he is better right now than their QBs.

ufcguy32

Starter

#29 : March 30, 2010, 12:09:34 PM

two things in three years we will know alot about freeman maybe even two years and next year we will def know what its like to watch a franchise qb transform another team. the lions used a number one pick we used a 17 pick...and i do think the jets are happy with sanchez. ill stick to my guns...we should pull the trigger. let the season play out and we can talk about it mid year or end. dont think your not gonna get called out when youre **CENSORED**ing about how we could have had mcnabb.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools