Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 30, 2010, 12:13:11 PM

You guys are kidding right?  BTW j/k there ufcguy and welcome to the board.  Seriously though you couldn't find a more dissappointed Buc fan than I last year when we drafted Soul Glow.  But I have to admit the kid has a little something.  I'm looking for him to continue to improve.  People in Philly never gave MCNabb a chance and now they want him gone.  He went through growing pains as well.  Hey I get not liking the pick, but he's a Buc and we need to be fair towards the kid not look for ways or reasons to dump him.  Based on past QB's there's no reason not to see his maturation through...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 30, 2010, 12:19:47 PM

i guess drew brees didnt fix the saints............mmmm chew on that for a second
The Saints were choke artists before this year... remind me again when Brees arrived....?

Thanks. Now stop talking.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 30, 2010, 12:58:52 PM

Would never wish we had Mcnabb. He played for a much better team last year and won how many Super Bowls? So tell me again how he will transform this team.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 30, 2010, 01:09:38 PM

Freeman and Suh.  Mcnabb is not going to do anything for our future. So on your logic the Lions, Jets, Ravens should trade for him also since he is better right now than their QBs.

Actually, I think McNabb's next 4 years... even if they are sub-par, will be more productive than Freeman's next 4.  It's all about what you percieve Freeman to be.  I've said many times, if he ends up being Jon Kitna, then I think he's maxed out.  I don't think he'll be much better than an excellent backup.  So, if the Bucs can get the #1 pick for Freeman and come away with Suh and McCoy... AND McNabb, you CAN'T sit there and tell me we would be better off with Freeman and either Suh or McCoy!

All that being said... I wouldn't do the deal because I'm willing to allow things to play out with Freeman.  Also, another reason I wouldn't do the deal is because I'd need to know that Freeman could be moved for legitimate compensation.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 30, 2010, 01:29:34 PM

You get Mcnabb if you are a QB away from making a super bowl run. I'm surprised the Cards haven't looked into Mcnabb

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 30, 2010, 01:44:36 PM

You get Mcnabb if you are a QB away from making a super bowl run. I'm surprised the Cards haven't looked into Mcnabb

If Favre decides to retire (who knows) and tells the Vikings soon, I would not be surprised to see them put the full court press on the Eagles for McNabb.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 30, 2010, 01:47:25 PM

the case for mcnabb ended with the 17th pick of the '09 draft....if we had won just one game out of 4 at the back end of the season the bucs would've gone to the playoffs instead of the eagles, which would've probably ended mcnabb's eagle career  and saved gruden's bucs career....i would've bet money on mcnabb to tampa in that scenario.  but we didn't, so they did, and so it didn't, and we couldn't, so now i won't

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 30, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

If Favre decides to retire (who knows) and tells the Vikings soon, I would not be surprised to see them put the full court press on the Eagles for McNabb.

vikings and cards should be very interested, regardless of favre's situation.  neither team has enough time left in their window of contention to develop a QB.  4 years from now, adrian peterson is a used up husk of a RB, their defensive line will be touching their mid 30's, and the best o-linemen will be in their twilight years.  that's about how long they'd need for a for a rookie from the bottom of the 1st or 2nd to realistically start playing his best football.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 30, 2010, 01:56:14 PM

vikings and cards should be very interested, regardless of favre's situation.  neither team has enough time left in their window of contention to develop a QB.  4 years from now, adrian peterson is a used up husk of a RB, their defensive line will be touching their mid 30's, and the best o-linemen will be in their twilight years.  that's about how long they'd need for a for a rookie from the bottom of the 1st or 2nd to realistically start playing his best football.

i guess i could see them releasing Favre or maybe even shipping him off for a low pick. I agree that their window might be closing a little. As for the Cards, I just don't think it's the move they are going to be willing to make but thats my opinion

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 30, 2010, 02:34:48 PM

I don't see the Eagles trading McNabb to ANY team in the NFC.  McNabb has 3-5 good years left, why would the Eagles want to have to beat a team that's "a QB away"?  They will end up trading him to Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland, or Denver.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#40 : March 30, 2010, 03:38:01 PM

Olson is no payton. Sorry. Brees himself would not transform the Buccs by such a margin

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#41 : March 30, 2010, 03:39:25 PM

I was waiting for this thread... too funny.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 30, 2010, 04:00:50 PM

I'm just surprised that Luke didn't start it.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 30, 2010, 04:03:51 PM

Now this is just an idea I heard mentioned in a sports bar.  Offer the Rams Freeman and our 2 second round picks.  The Rams get a big QB and 2 good picks.  We draft Suh and Freeman.  

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 30, 2010, 04:04:53 PM

Now this is just an idea I heard mentioned in a sports bar.  Offer the Rams Freeman and our 2 second round picks.  The Rams get a big QB and 2 good picks.  We draft Suh and Freeman.  

What?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools