Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 31, 2010, 09:37:28 AM

#1. I never said the Bucs should do it, just that I wouldn't be upset if they did.
#2. Thinking that Freeman won't be a "Franchise QB" doesn't mean I'm an idiot (were all the people who thought Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, etc... would be busts idiots too?)
#3. No, in 4 years we wouldn't have to start over after McNabb was done... we'd start 2 years from now and let a rookie sit for a year, maybe 2. Question... if I'm right about Freeman, don't we have to start over anyway?
#4. Again, the question that was posed was: "How is McNabb going to fix the defense or run game?" I simply threw out some suggestions. No, I don't think all of those trade would happen, but in theory, based on team needs and favorites, those opportunities would be there and one or 2 could happen.
#5. All those picks aren't necessarily needed this year. They can choose to get picks next year.
#6. Just because you think Freeman will be a franchise QB, doesn't make you smart / right either.

Dude the whole reason you draft a QB that high is because you think that the guy will be a franchise player. Now if your name was Mark Dominik and you felt differently then sure you could pull the trigger. But it would make little sense in the development of who you already have. Your thoughts and opinions are valid and deserve respect. However, you shouldn't be upset when people don't share the same "zeal" for them as you do...

I'm fine with them thinking that way about Freeman... I just don't agree. I don't expect the team to even consider McNabb an option, I'm just pointing out some of the positives that could come from a move like this. I'm not upset with people who don't share my opinions, I get upset when people don't READ the entire post and then make accusations based on only what they WANT to read and not based on what I SAID. These 6 points were made because some people didn't read the entire post or totally missed the point of the statement. Some of them were the ones that discredit my opinions because I don't agree with THEM... not the other way around.

Threads like this are why I hate the off-season. You waste your time spouting ideas that will never happen, then a lot of energy defending them.

Whether you like or believe in Josh Freeman is irrelevant. The team believes in him and frankly, he has done nothing this off-season to make them feel they made the wrong choice. His work ethic has been impeccable. He's no JaMarcus Russell who took the money and lived the high life. He's not a Ryan Leaf, too immature to understand it takes hard work and preparation to become a great QB in the league. He's not Tim Couch, whose thin skin couldn't handle the criticism - hell, this sorry fanbase has been ragging on the poor kid since the day he was drafted.

The QBs you mention didn't fail because they lacked talent - they failed because they lacked the mental toughness to handle all that goes into being a starting quarterback in the NFL.

You want to give up on a 22 year old prototypical big, strong armed QB who many NFL experts (including two I respect a lot in Kirwan and Brandt) believe will be a franchise QB and is busting his butt this off-season to learn and get better?

Brilliant.

Something I would definitely expect from Dez Bryant's fan club president.

Like I said... misinterpret and read what YOU WANT, not what is there.  LOL

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#76 : March 31, 2010, 09:41:14 AM

#1. I never said the Bucs should do it, just that I wouldn't be upset if they did.
#2. Thinking that Freeman won't be a "Franchise QB" doesn't mean I'm an idiot (were all the people who thought Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, etc... would be busts idiots too?)
#3. No, in 4 years we wouldn't have to start over after McNabb was done... we'd start 2 years from now and let a rookie sit for a year, maybe 2. Question... if I'm right about Freeman, don't we have to start over anyway?
#4. Again, the question that was posed was: "How is McNabb going to fix the defense or run game?" I simply threw out some suggestions. No, I don't think all of those trade would happen, but in theory, based on team needs and favorites, those opportunities would be there and one or 2 could happen.
#5. All those picks aren't necessarily needed this year. They can choose to get picks next year.
#6. Just because you think Freeman will be a franchise QB, doesn't make you smart / right either.

Dude the whole reason you draft a QB that high is because you think that the guy will be a franchise player. Now if your name was Mark Dominik and you felt differently then sure you could pull the trigger. But it would make little sense in the development of who you already have. Your thoughts and opinions are valid and deserve respect. However, you shouldn't be upset when people don't share the same "zeal" for them as you do...

I'm fine with them thinking that way about Freeman... I just don't agree. I don't expect the team to even consider McNabb an option, I'm just pointing out some of the positives that could come from a move like this. I'm not upset with people who don't share my opinions, I get upset when people don't READ the entire post and then make accusations based on only what they WANT to read and not based on what I SAID. These 6 points were made because some people didn't read the entire post or totally missed the point of the statement. Some of them were the ones that discredit my opinions because I don't agree with THEM... not the other way around.

Threads like this are why I hate the off-season. You waste your time spouting ideas that will never happen, then a lot of energy defending them.

Whether you like or believe in Josh Freeman is irrelevant. The team believes in him and frankly, he has done nothing this off-season to make them feel they made the wrong choice. His work ethic has been impeccable. He's no JaMarcus Russell who took the money and lived the high life. He's not a Ryan Leaf, too immature to understand it takes hard work and preparation to become a great QB in the league. He's not Tim Couch, whose thin skin couldn't handle the criticism - hell, this sorry fanbase has been ragging on the poor kid since the day he was drafted.

The QBs you mention didn't fail because they lacked talent - they failed because they lacked the mental toughness to handle all that goes into being a starting quarterback in the NFL.

You want to give up on a 22 year old prototypical big, strong armed QB who many NFL experts (including two I respect a lot in Kirwan and Brandt) believe will be a franchise QB and is busting his butt this off-season to learn and get better?

Brilliant.

Like I said... misinterpret and read what YOU WANT, not what is there.  LOL

Right, sorry...you were just throwing it out there then spending two pages defending this bullspit. Ok.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 31, 2010, 09:47:44 AM

Brilliant.

Like I said... misinterpret and read what YOU WANT, not what is there. LOL

Right, sorry...you were just throwing it out there then spending two pages defending this bullspit. Ok.

Just like you are arguing against a point that isn't being made.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 31, 2010, 02:51:38 PM

just because you make a point, doesnt mean its even remotely relevant. the original poster and yourself present the "point" like it could be a good idea. its not, so why continue to argue it? you even went to the point of figuring multiple trades that most would consider impossible to back this "point" that you "dont necessarily want."

im under the impression the "idiot" comments are reffering to my post. if so, you should go rent the movie Billy Madison and get back to us when you get a sense of humor.

so if we are missing your "point," what is it? please enlighten us.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 31, 2010, 03:34:03 PM

LOL... again... reading what you WANT and then telling me I'm wrong.

#1. AGAIN - I NEVER SAID THE BUCS SHOULD DO IT
#2. AGAIN - I NEVER SAID THE BUCS SHOULD BRING IT UP
#3. AGAIN - I SAID THAT I (NOT THE BUCS), WOULD DO IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FAITH IN FREEMAN
#4. AGAIN - THE QUESTION "HOW DOES MCNABB HELP OUR DEFENSE/RUN GAME..."   I SIMPLY THREW OUT SOME SCENARIO'S HOW IT COULD.  I DIDN'T SAY THAT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.
#5. AGAIN - JUST BECAUSE I DON'T THINK FREEMAN IS A FRANCHISE QB... DOESN'T MEAN I'M WRONG (doesn't mean I'm right either), BUT CONCENSUS IS THAT BECAUSE I DISAGREE ON FREEMAN, I MUST BE WRONG (because clearly, Freeman's performance has proved it...).
#6. AGAIN - A HAVING A BOATLOAD OF PICKS IS REASONABLE... K.C. HAD 14 JUST 2 YEARS AGO, SO APPARENTLY, FINANCIALLY IT IS POSSIBLE.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#80 : March 31, 2010, 03:40:23 PM

You're not the only one that didn't like the pick at the time.  But I gotta say the kid gave me reason to give him more of a chance this year.  Plus he's our guy.  He's a Buc.  How could you not at the very least have some hope.  I was once a person sitting there with "hate" in my eyes ( no pun intended) for this kid so I get it.  But After seeing him play, I'm more than willing to give him a chance to develop over making a move for McNabb

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 31, 2010, 05:05:57 PM

LOL... again... reading what you WANT and then telling me I'm wrong.

#1. AGAIN - I NEVER SAID THE BUCS SHOULD DO IT
#2. AGAIN - I NEVER SAID THE BUCS SHOULD BRING IT UP
#3. AGAIN - I SAID THAT I (NOT THE BUCS), WOULD DO IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FAITH IN FREEMAN
#4. AGAIN - THE QUESTION "HOW DOES MCNABB HELP OUR DEFENSE/RUN GAME..."   I SIMPLY THREW OUT SOME SCENARIO'S HOW IT COULD.  I DIDN'T SAY THAT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.
#5. AGAIN - JUST BECAUSE I DON'T THINK FREEMAN IS A FRANCHISE QB... DOESN'T MEAN I'M WRONG (doesn't mean I'm right either), BUT CONCENSUS IS THAT BECAUSE I DISAGREE ON FREEMAN, I MUST BE WRONG (because clearly, Freeman's performance has proved it...).
#6. AGAIN - A HAVING A BOATLOAD OF PICKS IS REASONABLE... K.C. HAD 14 JUST 2 YEARS AGO, SO APPARENTLY, FINANCIALLY IT IS POSSIBLE.

thats your point? i dont think a missed it then.

1- gotcha, but your still trying to to rationalize the idea
2. see abve
3. we get that, thats why your trying to rationalize the idea
4. again trying to rationalize the idea with far fetched ideas, not simple ones
5. no one says your right or wrong. its simply to early for anyone to have a conctrete idea what the future hold for freeman either way. im not going to say hes going to be a HOFer or just like Elway because that wuld be pretty dumb IMO. just like saying he wont amount to anything is dumb IMO. there is simply not enough evidence either way to have no faith or to think he will be one of the greatest ever. 9 games with no TC, or large amount of work with the starters in nowhere near enought to come to either of those conclusions.
6. financially, anything is possible with the Bucs players salary total right now. but you have to think about paying that large chunk of dough for a QB past his prime who would be a stop gap until they got more talent and a replacemt. no one is debating its possible the Bucs could spend a large amount of money on a player. its not if they could spend, but wether it would be financially responsible, and wether it would benifit the franchise. i dont think it would do either.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the case for mcnabb in tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools