Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saw Gruden Today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JDrew

Rookie

: April 04, 2010, 12:35:38 PM

Can't we all just get along? Let's be Adults here.

GRUDEN SUCKS DONKEY BALLS! j/k! hahaha

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 03, 2010, 08:39:13 PM

went to Oregon practice and Gruden was in attendance. Spent a good 90 mins of the 2.5 hrs practice following Kelly. Kelly was pointing things about the spread and telling him what they were doing. Gruden is obviously interested in the spread. Spent 30 mins or so talking to LaGarrette Blount. Also in attendance was Josh Bidwell but I didnt see if they even talked to each other. Kinda weird to walk in and see him, told him I was a big fan and thought Tampa was a mess now, he said they would be ok and shook my hand. But man that guy needs to relax, he had a dip in his mouth and seemed intense the whole time clapping, yelling support, hugging players. I think he goes to more practices than Im aware of, because he knew a lot of the players. I just cant see him staying at MNF for long if hes that intense and passionate still.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 03, 2010, 08:44:57 PM

He's the best.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 03, 2010, 08:59:00 PM

you ever spend a month in the realm of coaching? you will get it.
Its the cliche "you had to be their" to understand. Read his biography.....he wets your appetite for coaching.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 03, 2010, 09:01:15 PM

He's the best.

yep. a lot better than we have now.

I wouldnt be shocked if he goes tot he NFL and tries running the spread. I know him and Chip are close friends, and I know he goes to Florida practices a lot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 03, 2010, 09:01:45 PM

Its the cliche "you had to be their" to understand.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 03, 2010, 09:03:37 PM

I dont agree with a lot of things gruden did....i admit his play calling was mystifying at times, his drafting horrendous.....but his teams came to play....and witht the right owner, i am convinced tampa would rue the day they chased him out of town. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 03, 2010, 09:07:56 PM

"I'm not a scratch golfer. I don't know how to bowl. I can't read the stock market. Hell, I have a hard time remembering my wife's cell phone number. But I can call 'Flip Right Double X Jet 36 Counter Naked Waggle at 7 X Quarter' in my sleep."-gruden

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 03, 2010, 09:09:42 PM

I dont agree with a lot of things gruden did....i admit his play calling was mystifying at times, his drafting horrendous.....but his teams came to play....and witht the right owner, i am convinced tampa would rue the day they chased him out of town. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH.

I've always felt, that if Gruden could have been paired with a GM that had a "pair" and could keeps his hands off the personnel side of the gig,...he could have been one of the greatest ever.  But man, those 2 over time...killed the talent on this team.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 03, 2010, 09:11:28 PM

I've always felt, that if Gruden could have been paired with a GM that had a "pair" and could keeps his hands off the personnel side of the gig,...he could have been one of the greatest ever.  But man, those 2 over time...killed the talent on this team.
he could have had the GM job when he got here, He could have been gm/Hc when mckay left....HE HAS NO DESIRE nor has he ever had the desire to be a GM/HC.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 03, 2010, 09:15:11 PM

"I'm not a scratch golfer. I don't know how to bowl. I can't read the stock market. Hell, I have a hard time remembering my wife's cell phone number. But I can call 'Flip Right Double X Jet 36 Counter Naked Waggle at 7 X Quarter' in my sleep."-gruden

compare that to this:
“It was one of the few times this year that I enjoyed being a head coach.” — Raheem Morris.

wonder who I want to be HC.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 03, 2010, 09:24:13 PM

Too bad you didn't spit on him and tell him what a joke he is and how he ruined this team for years to come with his crappy drafting of players that allegedly have "juice".

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 03, 2010, 09:29:23 PM

Too bad you didn't spit on him and tell him what a joke he is

You must be confused.   He said he saw Gruden, not Raheem.   

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 03, 2010, 09:52:03 PM

I've always felt, that if Gruden could have been paired with a GM that had a "pair" and could keeps his hands off the personnel side of the gig,...he could have been one of the greatest ever.  But man, those 2 over time...killed the talent on this team.
he could have had the GM job when he got here, He could have been gm/Hc when mckay left....HE HAS NO DESIRE nor has he ever had the desire to be a GM/HC.
It's no coincidence after McKay left he recommended a glorified bean counter he had a relationship with to be the new GM. Gruden wants to be GM on the first day of free agency and draft weekend, but other than that someone else can do it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#14 : April 03, 2010, 09:53:31 PM

i touched a button, did I? I wet your appetite? you can smell blood in the water? I can giveth and I will now taketh away. YOU CAN DREAM....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saw Gruden Today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools