Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#15 : April 04, 2010, 10:27:41 AM

I don't buy the argument that many make that we can't trade back. There may not be any team that are willing to give up a 1st or 2nd to swap 1st round picks with us, but if that ends up being the case, I'd bet some team would make the move for a 3rd or even a 3rd and 4th. It may be below the "chart value" but if we feel we can get just as good od player in the first a few picks later, and then have an extra pick in the 3rd and maybe 4th.....then it's the right thing to do.

Basically, it comes down to is McCoy or Okung greater than Graham and a few xtra picks in the 3rd/4th?
If the Bucs trade down it will be due to $ rather then improving the franchise.  I will be pretty p!ssed off if the Bucs drop out of the top 10 and only net a 3rd rounder for such a drop, unless they get a high pick in next years drfat.  One Buc Place says they are going to rebuild the club via the draft; trading away the 3rd overall for less then chart value would signal everyone that they are simply going "Culverhouse" and alienate even more fans.  JMHO, but the Bucs need impact players in this draft and that could cost more money then they'd like to spend.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 04, 2010, 10:28:58 AM

Hopefully you find a team willing to trade down, and you mos def draft Price.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 04, 2010, 11:36:35 AM

@Nicodemus: If Penn is unhappy with his contract status now (which has been reported), how will he respond to Tampa using the 3rd pick ($$$) on his successor at LT?

That is the big question in my mind otherwise it doesn't seem like a bad idea...

That's the easy bit, if you draft Okung you play him at RT. That way you see how well Penn plays, if he plays lights out you offer him a great contract, if he doesn't you shift Okung over from RT to LT and look for a RT. Okung playing RT will give him experience and be a massive upgrade than what we have now. It is then up to Penn to perform, if he doesn't you have his replacement there already.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 04, 2010, 11:40:04 AM

I know it's not popular around here right now but...I don't see Trueblood going anywhere. I still think he's the RT next season. Regardless of whether we draft Okung.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 04, 2010, 02:22:02 PM

If McCoy and or Suh is there you take them.
If for some reason one of them isn't you take Okung.
Then trade Penn for a third.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Hammerhead

Starter

#20 : April 04, 2010, 02:26:08 PM

I'm on board with that scenario. I still like McCoy if Suh is gone.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 04, 2010, 02:27:35 PM

If the team drafted Okung, I would far rather go ahead and play him at LT from day one and move Penn over.  If Okung is a RT long term, he'd be a massive failure as a #3 overall pick, and I'd just as soon not play games with bouncing him around the line.  That's not going to help him.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 04, 2010, 02:37:58 PM

I'm on board with that scenario. I still like McCoy if Suh is gone.
I would rather Have either of them , I like them both.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 04, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

What do we do if we can't have Suh?

Go apesh*t?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 04, 2010, 03:14:11 PM

With guys like Alualu, Adkins, Neal, and Houston in the 2nd and 3rd....there is no reason to freak out if we don't get Suh or McCoy.

Price is a very risky pick in the first round.  When I watch his tape, I see the same problem as McCoy has. He is pretty good at getting into the back field, but he misses runners as they fly by untouched and he ends up on the ground or pushed off to the side way too much. Doesn't actually get alot of pressure on the QB.

Then you look at the fact that he only played about 60% of the downs in college. His stamina is questionable. He wasn't in the top 20 DTs of any events at the combine except bench press. His 10 yard time, 40 yard time, broadjump, vertical jump, cone, and shuttle were all on par with big nose tackles like Dan Williams and terrence Cody. They were horrible when compared with the top under tackles.

To top it all off he shows up to his pro day out of shape and sloppy.

The kid is only 20 years old, so there is a chance he'll blossom into something great, but I certainly wouldn't use a 1st round pick on him. He just has too many negatives

Alualu, Adkins, Neal, and Houston are all very promising undertackles with the production and film to back it up. If Suh is gone we'd be better off taking a better player of a different position in the first round.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 04, 2010, 03:24:19 PM

We NEED best possible D-Lineman available. If Suh is gone I dont want to them mess around and trade back and all that I want them to get McCoy because he is the 2nd best DT in the draft. Before the 09 college football season began Gerald McCoy was the number 1 pick in almost all mock drafts. Suh is the best defensive line player I've seen in college football but everybody has to realize McCoy is no joke.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 04, 2010, 04:00:20 PM

You trade up to get Suh.

Don't trade back and settle for inferior talent.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 04, 2010, 06:13:49 PM

what do we do if we can't have Suh?  forfeit all our picks and just go home.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : April 04, 2010, 06:21:11 PM

Drive to the Skyway and make sure Boid isn't hanging around.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 04, 2010, 06:26:41 PM

Suh is there, take him no question.
McCoy is there, see what your trade options are but it has to be juicy.
They both aren't which is almost an improbability now, trade out no question.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools