Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 04, 2010, 06:29:24 PM

I'm just glad that our GM is forward thinking and not a A.D.D. spaz like most fans. Suh is great and exciting, but he isn't the end all king of football. Life will go on if we don't get Suh, and we will still have a very good chance at a great draft without him.

If we took Okung, he would start at LT and Penn would replace Trueblood at RT. That would improve our entire offense for many years and we could take a couple of the very solid DTs I mentioned in the 2nd and 3rd.

McCoy is the 2nd best DT, why not take the #1 LT?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 04, 2010, 06:32:45 PM

I'm just glad that our GM is forward thinking and not a A.D.D. spaz like most fans. Suh is great and exciting, but he isn't the end all king of football. Life will go on if we don't get Suh, and we will still have a very good chance at a great draft without him.

Have you talked to Dom about Suh?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 04, 2010, 06:54:06 PM

what do we do if we can't have Suh?  forfeit all our picks and just go home.
:D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 04, 2010, 06:56:21 PM

If we took Okung, he would start at LT and Penn would replace Trueblood at RT. That would improve our entire offense for many years and we could take a couple of the very solid DTs I mentioned in the 2nd and 3rd.

Why do people keep saying put Penn in at right tackle?

He is not a good run blocker.  It would be disastrous to move fatboy to that side.  The right side is where you put the maulers, who face run stuffing DEs...thank goodness Peppers is gone, ligfe can resume normalcy...Trueblood IS a run blocker.  He has issues in pass pro because he plays like he has a brace made of titanium on his back.  

You get Okung, and you trade Penn ASAP.  That is the only option.

You do not draft tackles that high and sit them on the wood.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2010, 08:18:24 PM

Why do people keep saying put Penn in at right tackle?

He is not a good run blocker.  It would be disastrous to move fatboy to that side.  The right side is where you put the maulers, who face run stuffing DEs...thank goodness Peppers is gone, ligfe can resume normalcy...Trueblood IS a run blocker.  He has issues in pass pro because he plays like he has a brace made of titanium on his back. 

You get Okung, and you trade Penn ASAP.  That is the only option.

You do not draft tackles that high and sit them on the wood.

Yep. I don't see Penn sticking here if we were to draft Okung. His value will never be higher than it is right now. And the last thing the kid needs is someone looking over his shoulder. If this "youth movement" is for real, you throw these draft picks out there and let them go. To do anything else is to delay the inevitable. They learn next to nothing riding the pine.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 04, 2010, 09:08:02 PM

The team needs to fix the defensive line. Now. Yesterday. I'm sick of watching the team get zero pressure on the opposing QB and get run over in the trenches on running plays.

Suh addresses both those issues. There won't be another player in the draft who can make the kind of impact he can -- McCoy can't. Price cant. Get the guy who fixes the #1 problem on the team. The O-Line with Penn is serviceable. The D-Line with the current players is not. Fix it. This ain't rocket science.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#36 : April 04, 2010, 09:48:35 PM

Take Okung.  Or Mccoy.  Or T Williams.  Or D Bryant.  Honestly, any of those guys are better than what we have.  Its hard to think the Bucs could go wrong.  I realize they will find a way, but this one is pretty hard to mess up. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 04, 2010, 10:19:28 PM

Trade Penn and go with the youth movement? Penn is 26. You think that is old? There might be two LT tackles in this league that are as young as Penn and better. Why so many fans wanna get rid of our good players is beyond me. Maybe your Eagle fans in disguise.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 04, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

There might be two LT tackles in this league that are as young as Penn and better.

Younger and better are the requirements?

Joe Thomas
Ryan Clady
Jake Long
Jared Gaither
D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Those are the guys there shouldn't be a debate on, and there are more who could very well be.  There are definitely more than 2 players that fit that description.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 04, 2010, 10:41:33 PM

Trade Penn and go with the youth movement? Penn is 26. You think that is old? There might be two LT tackles in this league that are as young as Penn and better. Why so many fans wanna get rid of our good players is beyond me. Maybe your Eagle fans in disguise.
Wow...maybe you are...

HughC

Pro Bowler

#40 : April 05, 2010, 12:45:54 AM

If Suh is not available then you can take McCoy, Okung, or play one team against another in an attempt to get a great deal trading down. 
None of those options are bad things; in fact, they are all very good things. 
Not getting Suh will not be the end of the world if that's the way it plays out.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 05, 2010, 12:46:40 AM

If Suh is not available then you can take McCoy, Okung, or play one team against another in an attempt to get a great deal trading down.
Not getting Suh will not be the end of the world if that's the way it plays out.
It will be the end of sheer joy on draft day, that is for sure.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 05, 2010, 01:25:31 AM

The defense will still suck, but Freeman will have more time to throw.

Great.

We can lose by 7 or 10 instead of 14 or  21.

JDrew

Rookie

#43 : April 05, 2010, 01:28:38 AM

Suh is still my top prospect in this draft and i stand behind in making sure we get him. (even for trading away future picks)
However, my world wouldn't be crushed if we didn't just because theres so much talent in the DT position in this years draft.

Just as when we drafted Sapp. He was arguably the best DT in the leauge for years but there still plays were he got beat. He isn't invincible and no player in the NFL is.
I'm confident that Suh is going to be a monster in the NFL but i'm realistic enough to believe that a single player isn't going to change our team around with all the holes we have in our team.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 05, 2010, 01:37:30 AM

However, my world wouldn't be crushed if we didn't just because theres so much talent in the DT position in this years draft.

I hate when people say this -- if there were really a lot of great DT talent in this draft, there would be a ton of DTs taken in the first round. When players fall to the 2nd and 3rd rounds it's usually for a reason.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools