Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 05, 2010, 08:01:55 PM

I won't be surprised if Brandon Graham is the first DE off the board and Tyson Alualu is the 3rd DT off the board. I know it wouldn't match the "experts" predictions, but I can see it happening.

Draft Aaron Donald

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 05, 2010, 08:34:19 PM

Trueblood IS a run blocker.  He has issues in pass pro because he plays like he has a brace made of titanium on his back. 

Trueblood is horrible in the pass and the run game.  Of ROTs that played at least 50% of snaps last year, profootballfocus.com rated Trueblood the worst in the league in run-blocking, worst in the league in penalties, and 5th worst in the league in pass-blocking.  They ranked him the worst overall ROT in the league.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=50&numgames=1

nitey

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 05, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

JD,

We all have an opinion on these boards. Players bust for a lot of reasons and not necessarily from lack of talent. Whether you want to except that all the so called experts seem to think that McCoy is as good a Suh or not is up to you to decide. Stating it like it's obvious, is a bit much don't you think?

I'm willing to bet that McCoy is taken within the first 5 picks - you up for it? If so PM me and we'll decide what the stakes are. McCoy might not be any better than Dorsey, but Suh is no guarantee to be either despite those that believe otherwise.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 05, 2010, 09:53:55 PM

I know we all have opinions, and I actually like to hear other fans opinions. That's why it erks me when someone comes on here saying your stupid if you don't agree with the experts.

Draft Aaron Donald

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#64 : April 05, 2010, 09:59:09 PM

the pick should be mccoy based strictly on system needs and talents....if they take suh over mccoy, the bucs will erase the memory of gruden in one fell swoop....cause by game 8 of next year, you will know he is not the player, we were hoping for.
Having said that I dont think either is going to be warren sapp.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#65 : April 05, 2010, 10:39:44 PM

You watch McCoys Highlight/lowlight video and then watch Alualu's highlight/lowlight video. Then compare their stats and combine numbers. If you still think McCoy is better than Alualu, good for you. I don't. Your "experts" are right 50% of the time. My wife could picks names out of a hat and do that good, so you'll have to excuse me if I don't take thier word as law.

McCoy is better than Alualu -- and I imagine that there are 32 NFL War Rooms that agree with me when I say that. If Alualu was better than McCoy (or, indeed, anything resembling a top DT prospect), he'd have a first round grade attached to him. I haven't seen a single mock where he goes in the first.

GoBucs!

Second String

#66 : April 05, 2010, 11:29:33 PM

I'm still hoping by some slight chance Bradford goes 1, Okung 2, Bucs trade down from 3 to 6 or 7 where either Seattle or Cleveland want Clausen, KC some rumors n sites suggest McClain or Bulaga the pick, so I'd hope a trade down with getting addl 2nd round pick the  Bucs still could get maybe Berry or McCoy.....

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#67 : April 05, 2010, 11:54:38 PM

Trueblood IS a run blocker.  He has issues in pass pro because he plays like he has a brace made of titanium on his back. 

Trueblood is horrible in the pass and the run game.  Of ROTs that played at least 50% of snaps last year, profootballfocus.com rated Trueblood the worst in the league in run-blocking, worst in the league in penalties, and 5th worst in the league in pass-blocking.  They ranked him the worst overall ROT in the league.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=50&numgames=1

Well if you're going to be at the top....be at the top of everything!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to do if we can't have Suh? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools