Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Brown to visit Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: April 07, 2010, 08:25:48 AM

Do not see the point. What does he give us that Crowder does not? Kyle Moore is the future at LDE. Brown and White at RDE doesn't make much sense either as they are both above average on their best day and average on a normal one.

Leadership, reliability, he's better vs the run for sure. I've never seen people so worried about getting an NFL level DL to add to a team that has no real presence on the DL.

Crowder is a rotational guy at best and when did Moore become "the future". He's a 4th round pick who showed us 10 tackles and not much of anything last year to say "roster" let alone "future".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 07, 2010, 08:10:53 AM

I remember SR qouting Gruden as saying White"is a playa and not a player",from what I've read about Brown he is a player(although average) he's a leader. Hovan tries but doesn't produce and your other try hard mentor type(Wilkerson) is hurt. With all that said we need a Voice/leader in the Dline group. 

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 07, 2010, 11:50:59 AM

The Bucs are already exceedingly average. Ignoring Freeman's rookie growing pains, the only places the Bucs were below average in 2009 was WR1, RB, DT, NT, and SS. They already signed a new SS, already drafted the NT of the future, and will likely be drafting a stud at DT and a WR1 candidate. I don't know what they're going to do about RB. Another 6 sack per year DE is not the worst thing to have, but it's hardly a blip on the radar.

You think we got average work out of the trash at LDE or RDE? Wow, ok if you set your sights that low then we've got no common ground.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 07, 2010, 11:48:58 AM

The Bucs are already exceedingly average. Ignoring Freeman's rookie growing pains, the only places the Bucs were below average in 2009 was WR1, RB, DT, NT, and SS. They already signed a new SS, already drafted the NT of the future, and will likely be drafting a stud at DT and a WR1 candidate. I don't know what they're going to do about RB. Another 6 sack per year DE is not the worst thing to have, but it's hardly a blip on the radar.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#4 : April 07, 2010, 11:43:16 AM

Average players are better than the below average guys we were starting last year especially along the defensive front where we've got about one guy worth anything and the hope that one other can be something.
Maybe I'm more interested in good players than average ones.
i agree with you.....but baby steps.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 07, 2010, 11:40:25 AM

Saints won a Super Bowl and I can roll about 10 "average" guys off their starting rosters. I can do the same every year. Brown is no better or worse than Greg Spires. You have to get average to surround your "good" players in the NFL.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 07, 2010, 11:29:29 AM

Average players are better than the below average guys we were starting last year especially along the defensive front where we've got about one guy worth anything and the hope that one other can be something.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 07, 2010, 11:23:34 AM

I'm all for him if we miss out on Graham, Hughes, Griffin, or whoever in the 2nd round, but I'm not going to jump up and down screaming about adding or not adding quantifiable mediocrity.

That just ridiculous, Brown isn't mediocre. we know what that looks like but he's clearly not in the Peppers category either. He's a guy who helps us get better.

I don't get the take from so many people that don't want to add player X because we have guys that good on our roster. No, no we don't. Average players are better than the below average guys we were starting last year especially along the defensive front where we've got about one guy worth anything and the hope that one other can be something.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#8 : April 07, 2010, 11:18:23 AM

that quantifiable mediocrity has done more than all of  our ends combined. I wouldnt be jumping up and down about it, but  glad to have him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 07, 2010, 11:16:17 AM

I like Brown, but if he was so great Chicago wouldn't have spent $350 million on Peppers. Chicago averaged half a sack more than the Bucs last year.

I'm all for him if we miss out on Graham, Hughes, Griffin, or whoever in the 2nd round, but I'm not going to jump up and down screaming about adding or not adding quantifiable mediocrity.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#10 : April 07, 2010, 11:00:14 AM

you didnt see all the studs we drafted lasted year? we will win 10 games easy.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 07, 2010, 12:36:56 PM

What are you having trouble with?

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#12 : April 07, 2010, 12:31:33 PM

6=17 ?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 07, 2010, 12:27:05 PM

Wilkerson has a blown out knee.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#14 : April 07, 2010, 12:07:52 PM

well argument to that is that brown has multiple visits lined up, wilkerson cant buy a job and the bucs will draft a de and a dt.
6 for brown and 17 for the bucs? whats wrong with that math?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Brown to visit Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools