Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Brown to visit Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#30 : April 06, 2010, 01:58:38 PM

my best comparison of selvie and morgan, is a derrick alexander about 14 years ago.

goto11

Starter
#31 : April 06, 2010, 02:00:36 PM

I'd much rather spend our 4th rounder on CJ Wilson or George Selvie.

But there's no reason why they couldn't have Brown and one of those guys.  Roster room, no cap space, a need at the position -- I see no downside to just signing him and throwing him in the competition.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#32 : April 06, 2010, 02:00:38 PM

I would like the signing, dom and rah wanted bits and pieces of veteren leadership, it would be nice to have alex here to help devolp moore

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2010, 02:01:24 PM

wanna bet he walks out of tampa w/o a contract?
and what about the youth movement? strictly building through the draft? I guess they dont believe the lies they are telling to them selves or you.

great, another one.  ::)  

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#34 : April 06, 2010, 02:01:43 PM

He wont sign with us.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#35 : April 06, 2010, 02:02:33 PM

But there's no reason why they couldn't have Brown and one of those guys.  Roster room, no cap space, a need at the position -- I see no downside to just signing him and throwing him in the competition.
unless the owners have said you only have xxxxx amt of dollar to spend on vets, your own or otherwise.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 06, 2010, 02:06:14 PM

These are all left defensive ends. We have Stylez G. White, Crowder, and Kyle Moore already. Alex Brown is no better than Stylez G White, so why sign him when we already have a 30 year old starting LE? If we don;t think Crowder or Moore are going to step up and replace White, then draft Wilson or Selvie, but signing yet another old LE makes no sense to me.

What we need is a pass rushing RE like Brandon Grahm or Everson Griffen. We have a surplus of LEs.

Draft Aaron Donald

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 06, 2010, 02:08:42 PM

unless the owners have said you only have xxxxx amt of dollar to spend on vets, your own or otherwise.

or, we come to conclusions based on FACTS and what we do know? sound crazy, i know. unless you have proof they only have XXXXX to spend, what youve implied means absolutely nothing.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#38 : April 06, 2010, 02:09:18 PM

reason are available all the ends we have were available for nothing. reasons exsist why alex brown is a wanted man

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#39 : April 06, 2010, 02:09:50 PM

message boards are subject to opinion.
or, we come to conclusions based on FACTS and what we do know? sound crazy, i know. unless you have proof they only have XXXXX to spend, what youve implied means absolutely nothing.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 06, 2010, 02:09:54 PM

I'm honestly not interested in either Brown or Wilkerson.  Would much prefer we roll with Crowder and Moore.  If those guys flounder we can address the position next year.  It's not a premium spot, and we shouldn't focus resources there if not needed.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 06, 2010, 02:11:08 PM

its more entertaining and iformative when those opions are based on facts, not conspiracy theories.

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#42 : April 06, 2010, 02:11:24 PM

not a premium spot? please tell me you that  by premium that you mean DE is not a premium in this draft?

2xcomingJ.C

Second String

#43 : April 06, 2010, 02:12:48 PM

show where the money is? I have more proof the money is not their than you do that it is.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 06, 2010, 02:12:55 PM

not a premium spot? please tell me you that  by premium that you mean DE is not a premium in this draft?

Brown is a natural LDE.  That's not a premium spot.  If we were talking about someone with RDE elite pass-rushing skills, that would be a completely different story.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Brown to visit Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools