Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 20, 2006, 06:49:33 PM

Davis has been good with the run and the pass. He's the MVP, but if Grads had started a little earlier it would be him.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : October 20, 2006, 07:01:27 PM

Right now? Galloway

After the year? Gradkowski

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 20, 2006, 07:24:08 AM

Group,

Scott Reynolds and I want to hear from you. We're in the preliminary stages of the Pewter Report Mid-Season Review and want to know which Tampa Bay Buccaneer is the team's MVP thus far. Please provide your answer with at least a few lines that support your choice. We will be including several of them in the Pewter Report Mid-Season Review "Voices" section.

Thanks.

Jim Flynn
Pewter Report

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 20, 2006, 09:09:42 AM

Sad as it is, I don’t think we even have an MVP.   :-[

I can’t think of a single player that as been a starter throughout and covered themselves in glory.  Even last seasons Mr. Reliable, Bidwell, cost us the Saints game with his awful punt.  Wyms and Grads have been OK thus far, but neither have the playtime to warrant consideration right now. 

Chev is going to love this but my vote would have to be Davis, because he has been an ever present and he has improved significantly on last season IMO.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 20, 2006, 10:23:19 AM

The most consistant player has been Bidwell.  That's sad to say, but he gets my vote sans the punt to Bush...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#5 : October 20, 2006, 04:05:03 PM

I will say Anthony Davis. Wanted to go with Alex SMith or Galloway but I dont believe either guy has "taken over" a game (not that anyone on this team has). Ive criticized the OL a lot but even in the Baltimore game I dont remember their DEs being the problem, the leaks were in the middle. I think Davis has been solid, even still I think the first priority in the offseason is finding a franchise LT. That shows how bad things are

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#6 : October 20, 2006, 12:14:32 PM

Joey Galloway - 21 catches, 346 yards, 16.5 average, 55 long 2 touch downs. He has had to work and catch passes from two QB's. He has been the most productive. Alex Smith gets some love as well. He has 2 TD's and has been pretty clutch for Gradkowski.

However, my vote will go to Gradkowski - without his scrambling and recognition of defenses quickly. He has made thr biggest difference to the offense and the team.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 20, 2006, 02:13:04 PM

The MVP has to be an offensive player due to the fact that the defense has been terrible as a whole.

I'd have to go with Galloway. Not only is he putting up stats, but he is allowing the offense to open up a bit. His play is easing the pressure off of Michael Clayton and helping to rejuvenate him. It's also allowing Alex Smith to get underneath and be the recieving threat he was drafted to be. And of course he's still dangerous when he goes deep. Without Galloway this offense suffers a drastic change and becomes much less potent.

Runner-up: Anthony Davis. He's really stepped up thus far. And I think down the line, with more and more playing time Grads might overtake the MVP award.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 20, 2006, 02:14:45 PM

Anthony Davis, hes been solid pretty much all year.  Kudos to AD, rags to riches.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 20, 2006, 02:29:22 PM

MVP this season is Grads, no question. He's improved the entire team with his play in a few area:

- Taking care of the ball. The first few games the TO's killed not only the offense but the defense. Before the Saints game 45% of the points the defense gave up was because of those TO's. They really put the defense in some bad spots and Grads has has really improved that.

- No batted balls. Huge, these were wasted plays for the offense which resulted in too many 3 and outs. Again, this helps the defense as well keeping them off the field.

- He's helped the running game: With Grads in there opposing defenses have to respect his speed out of the pocket. This makes the defense stay honest instead of honing in strictly on Caddy.

- His style has opened up the offense making it more difficult for teams to figure out what's coming next.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 20, 2006, 02:34:17 PM

Keep,

tough to argue with Bruce.  Just one minor thing, he did have one batted pass last week, not that it matters

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 20, 2006, 02:48:18 PM

Keep,

tough to argue with Bruce.  Just one minor thing, he did have one batted pass last week, not that it matters

That's right! Shlt, maybe because there were so many before it seems like a huge difference.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 20, 2006, 02:58:45 PM

This one is easy. Booger McFarland. Glad to see his fat keister on a plane up north. Hopefully Tony dungy can get some value for him. His value is that he is G.O.N.E. Now we can start rebuilding the defense.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 20, 2006, 03:00:23 PM

if MVP = the guy who's been doing his job the best, i think you have to say bidwell.

if MVP = the guy who makes the team go, and makes the biggest difference between winning and losing, it's caddy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 20, 2006, 03:09:19 PM

Keep,

When the batter is two or three feet from the QBs face blitzing him, I wouldn't really worry too much.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools