Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 20, 2006, 03:09:32 PM

Galloway has by far been the most consistent player we have had. I refer to the stats above.

shadrach84

Starter

#16 : October 21, 2006, 12:09:38 AM

I'll go with Galloway. He's been the most productive. I think he's really been the bright spot for the team this year while everyone else has been struggling.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 21, 2006, 08:25:15 AM

I'll go with Galloway. He's been the most productive. I think he's really been the bright spot for the team this year while everyone else has been struggling.

Well, consider it this way.  If Galloway is the team MVP (and he has alright numbers given his situation), and he goes down, the Bucs plug in Clayton, Ike, and Stovall.

If Bruce (my MVP selection in the PI) goes down, the Bucs have to bring in Rattay.  Shudder.  Based on Bruces ability to make the offense anything semblant to an NFL one, and the fact that his backup is floundering, this should be a no brainer.  Aside from that, Bruce keeps the offense on the field, reducing the defenses workload, and has numbers that are on par with a certain first round QB in Arizona.  Bruce gets the MVP vote easily.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : October 21, 2006, 12:00:55 PM

I don't see how Bruce gets MVP, he has only played 2 games up to this point.  Caddy has been non-existent at times, although it probably isn't all his fault.  Galloway was non-existent against the Ravens, but has been pretty solid ever since.  However, Galloway DID drop a possible TD pass in the Saints game that would have likely won it for us.  MVP players don't do that.  Bryant has been miserable.  None of the other WR have been consistent.  Bidwell has probably been one of the more consistent players so far, but can you really give the MVP to a punter?  AD has vastly improved from last year when he was a turnstyle at times. Buenning has fallen off the face of the planet.  None of the other O-linemen have given anything as far as consistent production goes.  Pretty much the entire defense has been shaky at times.  I don't see anyone on that side of the ball standing out and taking a claim as the team MVP.  For that, I will go with the one player who has shown up pretty consistently, week in and week out, and performed at a high level.  You could also call him the most improved player from last year.  His name is Anthony Davis.  After a few more games that may change to Bruce; but up to this point playing 2 out of 5 games, no matter how well you played, does not make you team MVP.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 21, 2006, 01:24:59 PM

I don't see how Bruce gets MVP, he has only played 2 games up to this point.  Caddy has been non-existent at times, although it probably isn't all his fault.  Galloway was non-existent against the Ravens, but has been pretty solid ever since.  However, Galloway DID drop a possible TD pass in the Saints game that would have likely won it for us.  MVP players don't do that.  Bryant has been miserable.  None of the other WR have been consistent.  Bidwell has probably been one of the more consistent players so far, but can you really give the MVP to a punter?  AD has vastly improved from last year when he was a turnstyle at times. Buenning has fallen off the face of the planet.  None of the other O-linemen have given anything as far as consistent production goes.  Pretty much the entire defense has been shaky at times.  I don't see anyone on that side of the ball standing out and taking a claim as the team MVP.  For that, I will go with the one player who has shown up pretty consistently, week in and week out, and performed at a high level.  You could also call him the most improved player from last year.  His name is Anthony Davis.  After a few more games that may change to Bruce; but up to this point playing 2 out of 5 games, no matter how well you played, does not make you team MVP.

What he said.  ;D

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 21, 2006, 02:06:33 PM

Anthony Davis, hes been solid pretty much all year.  Kudos to AD, rags to riches.
Ditto....Anthony Davis.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 21, 2006, 02:10:12 PM

I have a hard time giving the MVP to Galloway, consider the fact that he had 0 catches in week one, and 1 catch in week three for 8 yards...  Are those the numbers of an MVP to a team that is 1-5???

Grads has been our difference maker to this point.  His first game, he allowed us the chance to win (freaking Reggie Bush and freaking special teams....uggghhh!), and in his 2nd start we actually won the game...

I find it hard to give the MVP to a guy who only started 2 of 6 games, but without him, odds are we are 0-6.

Bruce is our MVP!

#22 : October 21, 2006, 02:51:47 PM

Anthony Davis, hes been solid pretty much all year. Kudos to AD, rags to riches.
Ditto....Anthony Davis.
Chev is gonna wet himself thanks to you two.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 21, 2006, 03:02:12 PM

I have a hard time giving the MVP to Galloway, consider the fact that he had 0 catches in week one, and 1 catch in week three for 8 yards...  Are those the numbers of an MVP to a team that is 1-5???

Grads has been our difference maker to this point.  His first game, he allowed us the chance to win (freaking Reggie Bush and freaking special teams....uggghhh!), and in his 2nd start we actually won the game...

I find it hard to give the MVP to a guy who only started 2 of 6 games, but without him, odds are we are 0-6.

Bruce is our MVP!
That is more along the lines I was thinking.

And given the pounding Simms took in the first few games, and the total lack of a run game, it is hard for me to justify AD being the MVP on the Bucs.  The Bucs hardly had 100 yards rushing the first three games, and considering Davis' forte is run blocking, I can't see him being the MVP of anything.  He is improved the last two games, but that is all.  He might get the most improved player award, not the most valuable.

Bruce has been a catlyst.  Not the total package, but a catlyst.  The offense looks more fluid, the defense is better rested, and yes, based on two games, I can easily give Grads the MVP trophy, as of now.  The two games he has been there, he has made a difference.

And half of his appearance have resulted in the only win for the team.  That is our MVP, easily.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 21, 2006, 07:26:22 PM

At 1-4, there IS no MVP. Sorry, but a team that has scored so few points and given up so many HAS no MVP.
Good luck naming one without getting laughs!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 21, 2006, 07:28:07 PM

Chris Simms

One touchdown, 7 interceptions  and a 46.3 passer rating

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 21, 2006, 09:08:16 PM

For all the reasons listed above much more eloquently than I could make:  Anthony Davis, without a doubt.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#27 : October 21, 2006, 09:42:22 PM

As far as consistency goes, I would have to say Bidwell.

As far as stats go, I would have to say Galloway.  He has a couple of key drops so I don't count him in the consistency category.  Bidwell had the one bad punt, G-Way had three drops I can count off the top of my head.

If we're talking about helping the team out and giving us the biggest spark, I would have to go with Bruce.  He has really changed this offense since he came in.  I loved him from the moment we picked him and I'm glad he's shown that we can finally give a QB that "future" tag.

But, if we're talking about the player that our success hinges on, I would say Cadillac.  He got going a little against Carolina (44 yards and 1 TD) we almost won, he got going against New Orleans (106 yards), and we should have won.  He got it going early last week against Cincy (94 yards?) and we won the game.  I estimated those stats from what I'm pretty sure he had.  (Correct me if I'm wrong please)  He is such a big part of our O, and if he gets going, we play better as a team.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : October 21, 2006, 10:39:15 PM

Bruce is our MVP!

Last I checked we are 1-4.  Grads has started 2 of 5 games.  But who's counting?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : October 21, 2006, 10:49:09 PM

I have a hard time giving the MVP to Galloway, consider the fact that he had 0 catches in week one, and 1 catch in week three for 8 yards... Are those the numbers of an MVP to a team that is 1-5???

Grads has been our difference maker to this point. His first game, he allowed us the chance to win (freaking Reggie Bush and freaking special teams....uggghhh!), and in his 2nd start we actually won the game...

Bruce is our MVP!
That is more along the lines I was thinking.

And given the pounding Simms took in the first few games, and the total lack of a run game, it is hard for me to justify AD being the MVP on the Bucs. The Bucs hardly had 100 yards rushing the first three games, and considering Davis' forte is run blocking, I can't see him being the MVP of anything. He is improved the last two games, but that is all. He might get the most improved player award, not the most valuable.

Bruce has been a catlyst. Not the total package, but a catlyst. The offense looks more fluid, the defense is better rested, and yes, based on two games, I can easily give Grads the MVP trophy, as of now. The two games he has been there, he has made a difference.

And half of his appearance have resulted in the only win for the team. That is our MVP, easily.

I don't think it can all be put on Bruce.  You could make a strong argument that Simms' gutsy performance during the 2nd half of the Carolina game was the true catlyst for this team.  Sure, we lost that game.  However once the facts were laid out thereafter, I think we saw a change in this team.  I mean, how can you NOT want to go out and win after your QB almost gave his life trying to win a game for you. 

As for Davis, you can't blame just him for the lack of run game.  The whole team was struggling, offensively and defensively.  But he has been solid and consistent pretty much all season.  It isn't his fault Simms struggled getting passes over defenders, or WR dropped balls, or Gruden abandoned the run, or the defense gave up such huge leads we had to pass.

The last couple games Gruden has ran the ball.  He has been more dedicated to it, likely because he knew Bruce needed it.  Bruce has played well but a lot of that has to do with the fact that Caddy has ran well, and the whole team has played more inspired football as a group.  I don't think all that can be put on Bruce.  I am sure he sparked it a little, but I think it all goes back to Simms and what he did playing with a ruptured spleen.  I also think it was good for Gruden to have Grads in if only to force him to try and run more, which he has done.  It is no secret the team plays better when we run the ball.  You are right, AD is the best run blocker we have.  He is also been fairly good pass blocking this year, which is why he is the MVP so far.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WHICH BUC IS THE TEAM'S MVP THUS FAR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools