Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Primerica employment oppurtunities-SCAM??? NEED HELP! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: May 11, 2010, 09:00:17 PM

OMG, those are pricey.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 07, 2010, 09:47:22 PM

I ran into a guy that I went to school with who I haven't seen in like 6 years. He was telling me that he and many of his fellow employees are pretty much rolling in the dough, selling products such as insurance, loans, adjusted mortgages for low to middle class families, Etc. The company is Primerica Financial Services, which use to be a part of CITI Group. He was telling me that he made like $300 the other day in like a hour and a half, and that a friend of his made like $6000 last month.

He was telling me that they have weekly meetings on Thursdays, so I went last night. Some of the speakers were pretty reputable people such as a retired Airforce Colonel who flew planes for the Airforce, the Regional VP was on the NYPD force for 12 years in the Drugs unit, stuff like that. The whole time I was their I kind of had a bad vibes about it, usually when I have a bad feeling about something im usually right, with a 78.65% success rate. It just sounded all too good to be true the whole time I was there. There were some red flags for me though such as, they wanted you to throw down a $100 to sign up for the training course to get your Financial Sales Licence, a monthly $25 fee for the online service, the guy wouldn't let me take the application home, he wanted me to fill it out right then in there pretty much.

I was surprised to see that about 80% of the people who were employed there that were at the orientation, and also career seekers, were of Hispanic origin(not trying to be stereotypical, Ive just never seen that before). The Regional VP took me into his office and he was really trying to sell this to me to join this company, Ive never experienced anything like this before, especially when I have zilch experience in Finance, he didn't care if I had experience. In a room of about 30 people. he and another speaker, called out my name like 15 times, asking stuff like"Wouldn't you want to do this", or"wouldn't you like to do that"  yes/no type questions. I thought that was kind of weird. It was almost kind of like being in class and your teacher calls you out in class and ask you a question, to make sure were paying attention. But I noticeably was paying attention.

I don't know if they had a hard on for me or what. I know one of the head guys at that office had to of because he saw that I had a Ron Paul bumper sticker on my truck and he said to me, "Ron Paul, he is one smart guy, its a shame many think he's a nut though, turns out he was right after all". O.K. I'm kind of ranting, but anyways. I just have some concerns that this is a job scam, but why would it be when family members are recruiting other family members to join the company.

If it is a scam do they not know its a scam because they're are not deep enough in it? My main question is this, Is their anyone on this Board who has joined Primerica and know its legit, or do you know someone who does. Their were allot of bad stuff I read online calling it a scam, but who knows out of all those people, if they are disgruntled employees.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 07, 2010, 09:58:56 PM

well i don't know anyting about it. if there is a bunch of stuff on the net about it being a scam it pry is. so i 'd check that. also it sounds a ton like MLM companies such as Amway and other kinds that tell you how rich they are all getting and it only takes a small amount of money to get started (which is true but you will spend a ton more on all the other "optional" things you "need" to do if you are "truly serious" about making it."

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : May 07, 2010, 10:02:06 PM

Sounds like a pyramid scheme.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 07, 2010, 10:04:54 PM

Sounds like a pyramid scheme.
i'm guess it is "legal" in that they sell an actual product or service and so can get around certain legal ramifications but in the end yes it pry is a pay to play type deal.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 07, 2010, 10:07:49 PM

Thats what allot of the post I've read online were calling it, a Pyramid scheme. They are definetly persistent too. The guy I went to school with called me a few times today but I didn't answer, also the Regional VP. Supposedly that person who recruits you gets like a $2500 bonus if they take you out in the field and train you on the job.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 07, 2010, 10:09:13 PM

Any time they ask you for money to join it is a scam.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 07, 2010, 10:09:56 PM

It's a pyramid scheme, but it's not a scam.  I have family members and friends that do it.  Like most business ventures, you can do well if you like it and work at it.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 07, 2010, 10:12:45 PM

I know you don't like me Biggs, but are you trying to trick me into joining, or are you serious?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 07, 2010, 10:18:14 PM

I know you don't like me Biggs, but are you trying to trick me into joining, or are you serious?

I have no problem with you, and I'm very serious.

It's not a get-rich-quick scam.  You have to work for it.  You have to be outgoing with people - a lot.  You have to talk to everybody, and I mean everybody, you know or meet about it.  If you like doing that, then it's a career that can be lucrative.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : May 08, 2010, 01:31:13 AM

I'm speaking from experience(my sweet, sweet ignorance at age 20), stay away. Far, far away.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#11 : May 08, 2010, 06:06:23 AM

I have no problem with you, and I'm very serious.

It's not a get-rich-quick scam.  You have to work for it.  You have to be outgoing with people - a lot.  You have to talk to everybody, and I mean everybody, you know or meet about it.  If you like doing that, then it's a career that can be lucrative.

Just the career that you need, one that profits off people with no regard for them as humans, just a cash cow for you.........that's a career I want............very honest.....

#12 : May 08, 2010, 06:08:16 AM

Yeah that is a scam

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#13 : May 08, 2010, 06:10:20 AM

Yeah that is a scam

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Multi-Level-Marketing/PRIMERICA/primerica-financial-services-r-9767z.htm

2goodbucs

Starter
#14 : May 08, 2010, 08:58:43 AM

Check the Better Business Bureau website and look up that company. Any complaints will be listed on there.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Primerica employment oppurtunities-SCAM??? NEED HELP! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools