Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 11 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #15 : August 10, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »

I should have known this game was a crock with Ruud as the best Buc and at 91.  Hell I even benched him and he subbed in and made a play BEHIND the line of scrimmage so obviously this game is not realistic at all.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #16 : August 10, 2010, 11:18:16 PM »

I should have known this game was a crock with Ruud as the best Buc and at 91. Hell I even benched him and he subbed in and made a play BEHIND the line of scrimmage so obviously this game is not realistic at all.

LMAO!!

You told me a few weeks ago that you didn't like it. Why'd u buy it?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 10, 2010, 11:23:39 PM »

By the way Herc, thanx for the azz-whupping. Better brush up on my skills before my league starts.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #18 : August 10, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »

No man I said I heard bad reviews on it but I was weak and got it anyway - I did not rush out to get it like NCAA as I am telling you play NCAA and you will see Madden is a joke.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 11, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »

By the way Herc, thanx for the butt-whupping. Better brush up on my skills before my league starts.
I wasn't going to say anything lol. You're defiantly going to have to expand the defensive playbook brother.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #20 : August 11, 2010, 12:19:43 AM »

If anyone here has NCAA for 360, my gamertag is awi seven.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 11, 2010, 02:40:33 AM »

HATE onMadden? I am sending that invite ASAP  ...

moose40

Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 11, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »

Rented it, because of the general belief it's the same game with a roster update. Pretty fun game, I play on the floating slider level, I think it's called "my skill". Right now it's at 10's, which equates to the all pro level I believe. I play d-line, because i have a tendency to cause a problem in coverage, pulling guys off of receivers and such, just found out McCoy is a beast. I had 4 sacks, 6 tackles for a loss, and one forced fumble.

I played the Dolphins in that game, the fins were 85, I was 80 overall. The only change I made was to bring in Vincent and make him my LG. Not sure why I didn't have a 69 rated team.

Beat the Dolphins 38-10, Talib took one back 90+ yards

Not sure if I have to play All Madden level, or if my slider will go up quickly, but not much of a challenge (but it was the dolphins, so that might have had something to do with it)

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #23 : August 11, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »

I'll be too busy to explain just how good this new game is, but I'm sure posters on here can explain all the new features and improved line play.

I mainly made this thread for posters with the game to exchange gamertags.

Mine is Hscott61 for PS3

As long as the game doesnt freeze on me every 3 seconds like 09 and 10 then I am ok. They can leave the gameplay alone just fix these issues

However I have come to realize freezing issues are a trademark of Madden games

DailyRich68

Starter
« #24 : August 11, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

I really don't think the changes made from year to year justify the cost of a brand new game each time around.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #25 : August 11, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »

I only had time to play one game yesterday. I played on All-Pro but only picked plays from "Ask Madden" as to not run money plays all the time. I beat the Jags 34-17. I had two defensive TDs. A Sean Jones pick 6 and Geno Hayes forced and recovered a fumble for a TD. Mike Williams has low awareness but still made some good catches, including a nice adjustment on a slant for a TD.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 11, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »

I love the new version - I believe it's more than a roster upgrade and probably the most enjoyable Madden I've played in awhile. I didn't know if I'd dig GameFlow but with game planning it is pretty cool. I haven't audibled as much as I thought I would.

I adjusted Mike Williams speed to make him faster than Benn, also adjusted his spectacular catch rating up. He's now a 75. Other than that, left everything the same as the roster update.

I did not like NCAA11 at all - very buggy, lifeless, and not much of a challenge (then again, I roll with the Gators so that's probably why it was hard to get a competitive game from the CPU) - with the Bucs, every game has been a dog fight down the final seconds and I was actually blown out once (by Lord Byron and Mr. Wallace lighting up my secondary for 4 touchdowns).

I don't pretend to be the greatest madden player in the world - but I can usually pick it up and start dominating the CPU after a game or two...not this year.

Impressed so far and having a blast with it. Love the music, too - nothing like hearing Crazy Train at kickoff and this year the cannons are finally back.

It's also kind of cool to hear the "Hail to the Redskins" when the Skins score...and "Miami Dolphins #1" for the fins...and of course that stupid Packers song.

If you've laid off Madden for a few years - this is the one to get.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #27 : August 11, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

I dunno if I take your review with any more than a grain of salt if you edit Bucs players to be much better.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 11, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

This year's version has to be one of the worst of all time - I played Cleveland, was falling asleep because it was so damn boring and I won 56-7 with Josh Freeman throwing an 84 yard crossing pattern to Benn, 54 yard fly pattern to Mike Williams, two TD's to Stroughter, two TD's to Winslow and two rushing TD's by Ward.  Freeman had like almost 600 yards passing and Ward had almost 150 yards rushing.  This game is soooo lame as Ward would at times run opposite of where I wanted him to go.  NCAA is 10000000X's better!!!

I found some custom sliders for NCAA that make it even more realistic and even harder than playing on All-Madden/Heisman. Forces you to use gameplan adjustments. Now I'm in love even more.

NCAA is also starting to do the tuning system that NHL has. More updates with better gameplay tweaks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #29 : August 11, 2010, 05:47:32 PM »

HATE on Madden? I am sending that invite ASAP ...

I used to be a madden junkie... hadn't played in about 2 yrs. Decided to pick one up since my buddy started up a Madden league again. It like startin from scratch. Can't even remember how to audible or anything. Geez!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Madden 11 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools