Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Multiple FA Visits to OBP Today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#15 : March 16, 2007, 03:43:45 PM

i've heard Colts fans say "i hope we get him back because he's one of the most improved players year in/year out." 

Ryan Nece could play Mlb.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 16, 2007, 03:46:32 PM

i've heard Colts fans say "i hope we get him back because he's one of the most improved players year in/year out." 

Ryan Nece could play Mlb.

Ruud? Nece as a backup. I think the Bucs know that Nece isnt anything spectacular. He is a career backup, comfortable starter, and ST player. He is not a play maker and he can be upgraded bye someone else.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 16, 2007, 03:47:38 PM

You know something is brewing when Bucs.com announces the visits of June, Draft, and Grant. ;)  The official site hardly ever posts releases regarding FA visits.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5705

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2007, 03:48:29 PM

According to Scouts Inc.

Cato June

Grade: 71
Expert's Take: June is an experienced starting weakside linebacker who plays in both regular and sub defensive packages. He is an undersized OLB with very good athletic skills for the position, and is a competitive player with good toughness who led the team with 162 tackles in 2006. June has good range and natural ball skills in the passing game, and in the running game he is a fast-flow LB who can run and hit. He must be protected well within the box, though, due to his lack of size and play strength. He can attack down hill, avoiding and slipping off blocks, but he lacks the size and strength to hold up at the point versus bigger offensive lineman. June is not real explosive with his hands and struggles to disengage and get off blocks but has good sideline-to-sideline range while making plays out on the perimeter and has very good chase and backside pursuit skills. He has good knack for timing up run zone blitzes with very good closing speed. He is an effective tackler in the box but does struggle to play under control at times in open space. In the passing game, he has good production. He has good range and lateral movement skills and the ability to match-up in short-area man-to-man situations with the vertical speed to carry the seam. Overall, June is an ascending young player with the ability to be a frontline starter in the NFL in the right defensive system.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 16, 2007, 03:49:48 PM

162 takles tells me he was the only player working on that pitiful defense.

#20 : March 16, 2007, 03:53:57 PM

I wonder if June can play middle linebacker. Maybe the Bucs know that Shelton Quarles can't play and they might be willing to try June at MLB.
I think June would get flattenned at MLB.  I think he could be very good at Safety, but his price tag would likely be too high for that.

This guys tackling skills leave a lot to be desired!!!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2007, 03:54:36 PM

Cato June at SS? I think that is a stretch. Has he ever played SS in the NFL. What makes anyone think he can play SS?

An excerpt from Bucs.com front page article

"At 6-0, 227 pounds, June is not the biggest of linebackers, but the converted College Safety is considered an excellent linebacker for the Cover 2 defensive scheme employed by both the Colts and Buccaneers. The speedy June excels at pursuit and coverage and has topped 100 tackles each of the past three seasons, including last season when he posted a career-high 142 tackles."

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 16, 2007, 03:55:17 PM

June would be good pickup if we could get him reasonable price.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 16, 2007, 03:57:16 PM

I wonder if June can play middle linebacker. Maybe the Bucs know that Shelton Quarles can't play and they might be willing to try June at MLB.
I think June would get flattenned at MLB. I think he could be very good at Safety, but his price tag would likely be too high for that.

This guys tackling skills leave a lot to be desired!!!

I would believe that, if I just didn't read he has over 100 takles in three straight seasons and last year 142 total...I'll say the stats don't lie.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 16, 2007, 04:12:03 PM

I would believe that, if I just didn't read he has over 100 takles in three straight seasons and last year 142 total...I'll say the stats don't lie.

They don't lie but he hit a stretch this year where he was missing a ton of tackles, now that whole Colts D just collapsed during that phase but he wasn't doing anything to save the team. I think he was viewed as a second tier Lance Briggs by some, including me, but the more I watched him he's not a second teir Briggs but an upper tier Boss Bailey in a lot of ways.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#25 : March 16, 2007, 04:23:12 PM

You know something is brewing when Bucs.com announces the visits of June, Draft, and Grant. ;)  The official site hardly ever posts releases regarding FA visits.

They probally had nothing else to write about for today.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 16, 2007, 04:46:04 PM

You know something is brewing when Bucs.com announces the visits of June, Draft, and Grant. ;) The official site hardly ever posts releases regarding FA visits.

They should write about how much thier message boards blow hard ****

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : March 16, 2007, 05:23:39 PM

You know something is brewing when Bucs.com announces the visits of June, Draft, and Grant. ;) The official site hardly ever posts releases regarding FA visits.

They should write about how much thier message boards blow hard ****

LOL ;D   Yes they should.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 16, 2007, 05:33:05 PM

I wonder if June can play middle linebacker.  Maybe the Bucs know that Shelton Quarles can't play and they might be willing to try June at MLB.
That would be a horrible idea. We'd be run all over.

klb55

Starter

#29 : March 16, 2007, 05:35:06 PM

Cato June at SS? I think that is a stretch. Has he ever played SS in the NFL. What makes anyone think he can play SS?

An excerpt from Bucs.com front page article

"At 6-0, 227 pounds, June is not the biggest of linebackers, but the converted College Safety is considered an excellent linebacker for the Cover 2 defensive scheme employed by both the Colts and Buccaneers. The speedy June excels at pursuit and coverage and has topped 100 tackles each of the past three seasons, including last season when he posted a career-high 142 tackles."

That is very interesting.  Thanks for the info buddy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Multiple FA Visits to OBP Today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools