Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Browns owner demands franchise QB ?? « previous next »
Page: 1

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: March 16, 2007, 07:31:45 PM

http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070316/SPORTS/703160315

Could be a smokescreen though,

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 16, 2007, 07:37:31 PM

I do not think it is a smokescreen.  There is a rift with management/ownership and the coaching staff.

Similar to what happened last year with Vince Young and the Titans ownership versus Titans coaching staff.

There are many advantages to a franchise QB and that is why one is an appealing option to an owner/management.  A lot of times coaching staffs feel they can turn things around quickly and the ushering in a franchise QB means a slow, methodical turn around.  But reality is that is not true as witnessed by Vince Young and the Titans assencion last year. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : March 16, 2007, 07:43:03 PM

I do not think it is a smokescreen.  There is a rift with management/ownership and the coaching staff.

Similar to what happened last year with Vince Young and the Titans ownership versus Titans coaching staff.

There are many advantages to a franchise QB and that is why one is an appealing option to an owner/management.  A lot of times coaching staffs feel they can turn things around quickly and the ushering in a franchise QB means a slow, methodical turn around.  But reality is that is not true as witnessed by Vince Young and the Titans assencion last year. 

Young is sort of the exception to the rule though.

nflinsider

Starter

#3 : March 16, 2007, 07:49:53 PM

Quinn aint no franchise QB and Russell will be gone so they're in trouble.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 16, 2007, 07:52:51 PM

Problem is,if Russell and Quinn go 1 and 2.. They have to go with Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas. I think they would go with Joe Thomas,IMO.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#5 : March 16, 2007, 08:40:44 PM

Quinn aint no franchise QB and Russell will be gone so they're in trouble.

Quinn will be a top 10 NFL Q within 5 years according to the PFT guy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 16, 2007, 08:47:42 PM

I do love that buc flag tatoo MJS, everytime I see it I just smile.

So the Crawford County paper says the Browns owner demands one of the two "potential" franchise qbs.  Great for the bucs.  Would increase the odds of getting CJ or JT. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2007, 09:45:06 PM

thats one ugly jersey,but I like Russell's alot

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#8 : March 16, 2007, 11:07:56 PM

Not seeing anything there Fresh.

Anyway, I think this is a ploy to get someone to trade with them to pick Quinn.  Minny and Houston are the obvious.  Either that, or we may see the Browns trade up one spot, just like they did a couple of years ago, ironically with the Lions.

BucLord

Starter

#9 : March 16, 2007, 11:10:35 PM

Word is the Browns want Russell bad, I could possibly see the Browns trading spots with Oakland

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#10 : March 16, 2007, 11:14:53 PM

That could be true also.  But do you see it happening?  And honestly, as a Buc fan, that is the last thing I want to happen.  Let's say Oakland and Cleveland switch spots.  That makes the draft look like this:

Cle-JaMarcus Russell
Det-Joe Thomas
Oak-Calvin Johnson

That is not what we want.  I guess the pick would be Gaines Adams?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 17, 2007, 09:45:42 AM

I don't know if Cleveland can afford to give up picks to reach the #1 overall
They would have to give up their 2nd rounder and 4th rounder plus their #3 overall.. They need a corner,a guard,and a linebacker

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 17, 2007, 12:35:45 PM

What better way to let a behind you know that you may take a player they want. Browns could go in several different directions on draft day. They would be crazy to not consider Russell or Quinn at #3.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Browns owner demands franchise QB ?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools