Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joey G « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 22, 2006, 06:33:34 PM

Injury, maybe?  I saw Joey rubbing his fingers on the sideline in I think the second quarter

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2006, 08:44:58 PM

I got a lot of crap for saying this earlier, but I still believe we should have tried to deal Joey to a team like the Pats that is a contender, but needs s true #1 and has an extra round one pick.  With Grads running the offense, Joey's effectiveness as a burner is diminished, and I think his value to the offense decreases.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2006, 08:48:41 PM

I got a lot of crap for saying this earlier, but I still believe we should have tried to deal Joey to a team like the Pats that is a contender, but needs s true #1 and has an extra round one pick. With Grads running the offense, Joey's effectiveness as a burner is diminished, and I think his value to the offense decreases.

I have a buddy named Dave in a FF league that considers me his lucky JOey G token.  He sees me, and Joey goes off.

But I told him to trade Galloway, because Grads has a noodle arm not designed for his speed.  It is really a double edged sword, IMO.  Too fast, not strong enough.  Not strong enough, too fast.

I agree with the gist of your statement though.

But Joey is a monster in the speed department.  When Grads through that dud to Joey in the first (the screen), I almost cried, because it fell about three yards short of him, and Joey had NO chance to turn that into something.

Grads needs HGH.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#18 : October 22, 2006, 08:56:13 PM

Grad doesn't have the deep ball, I agree, but maybe that is something that will come with time.  He had a big gain to Paris, but his plays are going to come off the quick plays to the running backs and slants and curls routes with the receivers.  Joey has dropped a couple this year and that is a problem.  We can't blame all the offensive problems on Grads because it has picked up alot since he started playing.  He has lots of potential and I think we're only scratching the surface of what he can do.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 22, 2006, 09:14:24 PM

I got a lot of crap for saying this earlier, but I still believe we should have tried to deal Joey to a team like the Pats that is a contender, but needs s true #1 and has an extra round one pick. With Grads running the offense, Joey's effectiveness as a burner is diminished, and I think his value to the offense decreases.

I have a buddy named Dave in a FF league that considers me his lucky JOey G token.  He sees me, and Joey goes off.

But I told him to trade Galloway, because Grads has a noodle arm not designed for his speed.  It is really a double edged sword, IMO.  Too fast, not strong enough.  Not strong enough, too fast.

I agree with the gist of your statement though.

But Joey is a monster in the speed department.  When Grads through that dud to Joey in the first (the screen), I almost cried, because it fell about three yards short of him, and Joey had NO chance to turn that into something.

Grads needs HGH.
But Boid, those deep balls aren't being UNDERthrown...they're just not perfect.  Granted there's a lotta distance between Joey and the ball, but he's either behind or to the right or left...
Again, accuracy in nowhere near simms', but it's not a lack of strength.
And some of them were makeable.  The ball is up there for a LONG time.  SOME adjustment can be made. 
It looks like "Joey's gonna run where Joey's gonna run" and if it aint right there then Oh, well....

And this scenario is for about 20-30% of the balls, the rest were too far off.  But great recievers at least TRY for that 20-30

Orangegone1

Starter

#20 : October 22, 2006, 09:41:17 PM

I'm starting to have some questions about him. Don't get me wrong, I have SERIOUS questions about Grads' deep ball. But some of those long passes in the last few weeks it seemed like Joey laid off. Now, as I'm sure we all know if there was ONE thing Simms could do well, it was put a ball on a dime from 50+....
I wonder now, how much of Joey's success was built off of Simms? That last deep ball to the end zone was a corner route. Joey did NOT fight for position. Grads put it where it was SUPPOSED to go. Joey just didn't get there. Again, let me reiterate that Grads is no Simms on the deep ball. But that ball was in the RIGHT place. Joey wasn't. Thinking back on some other deep passes the last few weeks, the ball was in the vicinity, but joey was just running his way and didn't seem to fight for it. He seemed to say "well it ain't in my hands, so its inc". Not every QB in the league can put it on a dime. Great recievers fight for that ball and win the fight now and then. I'm starting to question whether Joey has that fight in him...
If it's there, he's so fast he'll get it, but if it's off by a few feet he seems to just give it up. No contact, no pushing, no diving...
I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It seemed like Galloway had plenty of time to adjust to the ball. But after watching the replay, when he finally looked up to find the ball, he lost it either in ths sun or just didn't locate it for some reason. It was there for him to adjust to because the DB didn't.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : October 22, 2006, 09:48:26 PM

If you got a threat like Joey, the deep ball is important.

Grads did not have anything close to deep accuracy today.

Or short accuracy to be honest.

I hope I am wrong, but the kid is starting to settle into his 6th round status. He has a lot of knocks on him, and I think the scouts were right in projecting him. I doubt he was a steal.

I'm willing to give him time because, well, Rattay isn't an option and Grads hasn't been completely awful. His deep ball I think is, but he does well to avoid pressure which is a plus. What could become an issue is the more tape there is of his poor deep passing, safeties will start playing up closer taking the medium range passes away daring Grads to beat them deep.

Exactly.

And GRads does not have that ability, and it might hinder his game.

Nothing is worse than having a QB with limited skill sets. And that appears to be the case with Grads. The offense didn't do shidt today.
You better watch it Boid/Dave or somebody will call you a girl! ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 22, 2006, 09:54:30 PM

Grads has a noodle arm? That's a bit much.

Grads missed a huge number of passes today. Most of them not even close.

Except for the next to last completion. And then don't forget the scramble that put us
in position to win the game.

Grads deep ball has never been 'where it was suppose to be".  His deep ball is just
flat out sad.

What about last year when Grads was a NFL QB? Oh, it's only his 3rd game as a pro?
The word NEVER shouldn't be used at this point.

Having doubts about Grads is normal. But thus type of stuff just makes
me laugh...

Grads did not have anything close to deep accuracy today.

Or short accuracy to be honest.

I hope I am wrong, but the kid is starting to settle into his 6th round status.  
He has a lot of knocks on him, and I think the scouts were right in projecting
him.  I doubt he was a steal.

Shall I say it again? Three games!

His 6th round status? You mean the one where he drove us to victories two
weeks in a row?

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 22, 2006, 09:59:13 PM

how about warren with that 28 yard catch, that brought a smile to my face

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2006, 10:06:27 PM

how about warren with that 28 yard catch, that brought a smile to my face

It was great to see him get some playing time.  I've been a big proponent of cutting him if he could never see the field, but if he can put up a few plays per game I'll be happy.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : October 22, 2006, 10:09:25 PM

Didn't even realize he was playing until he caught that pass! Great catch.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 22, 2006, 10:14:07 PM

The wife asked me "who's Warren?" I said he just got bumped from PS, but he's been active for a bit I think...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 22, 2006, 10:16:02 PM

he didn't have deep accuracy today, but some of those balls were actually out in front of the receiver, and a couple of them looked catchable with a little effort.  i doubt joey laid off, per se, but i think he's lost confidence, for the time being, in bruce's ability to throw a catchable deep ball

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 22, 2006, 11:45:42 PM

Joey dropped an easy pass against NO that could have been a LONG run after catch.  The guy is hardly blameless.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joey G « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools