Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer May Be Willing To Pay Back 7 Million To Remain Retired « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs1

Practice Squad
« : March 17, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »

From RotoWorld.com: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Jake Plummer-QB-Buccaneers

Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News believes Jake Plummer may be willing to pay back his $7 million signing bonus to remain retired.
The consensus among Broncos beat writers is that Plummer's NFL days are over even though the rest of the league hasn't seen the door close yet.
Source: Rocky Mountain News

« #1 : March 17, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »

Then why hasn't he filed the papers.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 17, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »

Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News believes Jake Plummer may be willing to pay back his $7 million signing bonus to remain retired.

???

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 17, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »

Who cares enough already!!!

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
« #4 : March 17, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »

The key statements are:

"Jeff Legwold believes...."

and

"The consensus among Broncos beat writers"

Notice that it does not state that "Jake agrees to repay" or "Jake files retirement paperwork" or anything like that.

Looks like you beat me ADW...

whobdis

Pro Bowler

« #5 : March 17, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »

I know a consensus of Buc beat writers would offer very little to me..I expect Bronco beat
writers are the same. And as long as Jake is a commodity of the Buc's there will be interest.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #6 : March 17, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

I don't belive it. He would pay back $7M plus lose $15M. Thats $22 large. C'mon man, nobody's turning dow that kind of jack. It's a game of chicken and Plummer will happily blink when he gets traded to Houston where he'll start. Give Bruce Allen some credit. He holds alll the cards.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

captaindabblin

Second String

« #7 : March 17, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »

A little off-season poker game...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 17, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »

They were talking about this on Late hits and in the end we could be left holding the bag. This scenario, Plummer decides he will only play for the Texans and all the Texans offer is say a 6th rounder. So do we still stand pat while he does come to camp so he doesn't have to repay the dollars, and cough up the 7th rounder while he doesn't play? Or do we let him go for the 6th and still have to pay a 4th rounder.

wc24

Second String

« #9 : March 17, 2007, 10:41:51 AM »

They were talking about this on Late hits and in the end we could be left holding the bag. This scenario, Plummer decides he will only play for the Texans and all the Texans offer is say a 6th rounder. So do we still stand pat while he does come to camp so he doesn't have to repay the dollars, and cough up the 7th rounder while he doesn't play? Or do we let him go for the 6th and still have to pay a 4th rounder.

Then he's a backup for the Bucs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 17, 2007, 11:02:15 AM »

Jake Plummer is an idiot.

I hope he never plays for the Bucs...I woiuld rather have Shaun King than Jake Plummer.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 17, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

I hope he never plays for the Bucs...I woiuld rather have Shaun King than Jake Plummer.
Strong statements.. both QB's can cost you a game like no other.

« #12 : March 17, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »

Strong statements.. both QB's can cost you a game like Simms.

Corrected.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : March 17, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »

Everyone thinks they know what he's gonna do ... I say we just sit back and relax, then when something really happens [ie file papers] then we'll all know 100%.   

If he stays we will have competition at the QB spot and we'll have a vet starting and a vet backing up - WIN.  If he retires, we get money back that is applied to our cap [i believe next year] - WIN.  if we trade him we'll get a player/draft pick - WIN.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 17, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »

Then he's a backup for the Bucs.

He's got a very large salary to be playing backup.  Based on Garcia's and Simms' contracts having PT escalators, the best deal financially would be to have Plummer start and the others back him up.  Otherwise you are paying 2 starting QBs.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer May Be Willing To Pay Back 7 Million To Remain Retired « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools