Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News **** Bucs sign Cato June « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 17, 2007, 01:03:09 PM

Good Signing. I saw him get flattened a couple times last season but Ive also seen him make amazing plays and I hope he will only improve here.

Good Job Bruce.

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 17, 2007, 01:06:37 PM

Interesting signing.  I hope he's young enoug to satisfy the goobers...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 17, 2007, 01:07:17 PM

Please say for safety. The guy was a much better safety in his college days.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 17, 2007, 01:08:07 PM

Interesting signing. I hope he's young enoug to satisfy the goobers...

Well he will be 28 years old soon and that would make him pretty old. ;)  And in a few years he will be 30!  :D

#34 : March 17, 2007, 01:08:54 PM

Maybe the signing of June will help us sign Doss.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 17, 2007, 01:10:18 PM

Jumped out of my seat when I saw this one.  Great signing of a young, impact prospect.  Was really hoping he'd sign here after his visit.  Nice work by Bruce and the coaching staff.  He can fit in this system and with the aid of Monte, Brooks, and Bradley can help him refine some of his natural abilities.  I'm interested to see the numbers, but wouldn't mind a whole lot as his youth should make him a long term contributator.  

Compete on the SAM, hopefully take over for DB at the WILL, or challenged for a one of the safety spots as he played at Michigan.

One of the better signings this off season.  Bruce taking a wait and see aproach on this one made for a good deal.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 17, 2007, 01:11:28 PM

Maybe the signing of June will help us sign Doss.

If they really want Doss they could have had him by now.  Reports are his ACL injury isn't fully healed.  Wouldn't mind him, but Doss isn't make or break.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 17, 2007, 01:11:42 PM

He's kinda into the knock out shot at the expense of the tackle sometimes, but he's still better than Nece and possibly even Brooks at this point.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#38 : March 17, 2007, 01:16:56 PM

Well it is going to be interesting to see where he plays, because play he will. There are a lot of options we could have now to get our best LBs on the field. He could play ROLB with Brooks moving to LOLB and Ruud or Quarles in the middle if he decides not to retire. On the other hand, flip those and he could play there. Then there is the scenario with him playing safety. He can only be a SS probably, but then we would still be looking for another LB. My guess is he plays LOLB for a year and if he really lights it up in training camp then he will play ROLB and Brooks will play LOLB.

I bet he plays LB though. I doubt he wants to get paid to be a SS.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#39 : March 17, 2007, 01:17:04 PM

There's already gloom and doom regarding this signing on the bucs.com site. Absolutely ridiculous over there. Some worried about his size - others saying his tackling is not the best.

That's pretty funny coming from a team of "undersized" Derrick Brooks and the fact that Cato has led the Colts in tackles 2 of the last 3 years.

Ummmmmmmmm, I think i'll side with the arm chair idiots over Monte Freaking Kiffen.... right, Please!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 17, 2007, 01:19:46 PM

Im surprised we are really active this offseason,this could be our starting saftey.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 17, 2007, 01:20:28 PM

Interesting signing. I hope he's young enoug to satisfy the goobers...

Well he will be 28 years old soon and that would make him pretty old. ;) And in a few years he will be 30! :D

He'll turn 28 midway thru the season. But still not a 25 year old which alot of these goobers think are available on the market.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 17, 2007, 01:38:29 PM

Great Move!!!!!!!!!!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 17, 2007, 01:39:16 PM

The more I think about it, the happier I am. Yeah, he got trucked a few times last year, but so did Tampa. No specific names, too many to list.
Hopefully he'll bring some attitude with him and force players to compete. Seems we've lost that and when it does come back, it's in short spurts.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#44 : March 17, 2007, 01:40:13 PM

I'm very excited about the Cato June signing.  I hope the Bucs move him to saftey because he would excell there.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking News **** Bucs sign Cato June « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools