Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***Breaking News**Cato June 3 year 12million deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 17, 2007, 10:03:03 PM

I didn't want to initiate it but since you did, I am also waiting for a ridiculas arguement to start over needing a Dungy guy.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 17, 2007, 07:24:44 PM

Wow, great signing.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#32 : March 17, 2007, 10:02:25 PM

I know CEE over on the TBBBB is negative about ANYTHING Gruden or Allen do. We could trade Clayton for Peyton straight up and he would find something wrong with it.

Had to edit my fingers go faster then my brain sometimes.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#33 : March 17, 2007, 08:07:56 PM

What is the contract structure to say that it was so good? $4mm for the least important position on our defense is not that wise. Dont kid yourself. Remember, there are positions that you pay for and others that you dont.  On our team, you dont pay for SAM linebacker.   If we are paying $4 million/year for weakside linebacker, that is a bargain. I agree. Unfortunately, If you guys think he can play even close to Brooks' level at weakside linebacker when Brooks retires you are kidding yourself.  The guy misses tackles.  Remember, the Colts were LAST in the league vs. the run.  You dont think that June was partly responsible for that???

I like that it gives us flexibility in the draft this year, but beyond that I dont see him as anything more than an expensive SAM linebacker.

I went to Michigan and saw him (attempt to) play Safety. He is NOT a safety

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 17, 2007, 08:11:51 PM

I agree he will not be playing WLB nor Safety. I do think he is an upgrade to nece and I do think the June is pretty darn good. I do not think he is Brooks, but I do think that when Brooks does finally decide its time to head to the HOF, I feel better with an experienced player filling in his shoes than a rookie.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#35 : March 17, 2007, 08:14:32 PM

I agree. If we cant find a Will when Brooks retires, better to have June than no one- which is essentially what we had.  However, our defense will be worse with June at WILL than even a step slower from prime Brooks.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 17, 2007, 08:27:19 PM

What is the contract structure to say that it was so good? $4mm for the least important position on our defense is not that wise. Dont kid yourself.

The contract is not structured as simply as taking the dollar amount, divding it by the number of years to get the salary per year.  We have no idea how is salary is broken down yet as those numbers haven't been released.  Like I said, it's not $12M/3 years = $4M/year.  Mathematically yes that's a true statement.  NFL contract, particulary a Bruce Allen contract, that is always far from the truth in terms of break down.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#37 : March 17, 2007, 09:26:37 PM

Just went over to the Colts message board they are all acting like we stole the lunch money out of thier pockets its great.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 17, 2007, 09:28:00 PM

Just went over to the Colts message board they are all acting like we stole the lunch money out of thier pockets its great.

Well for "Leaping", and that bogus onside kick, I say two things. PAYBACK!! and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

#39 : March 17, 2007, 09:59:02 PM

I'm waiting on the 'Had to take one of Dungy's players' argument.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#40 : March 17, 2007, 09:32:44 PM

Well for "Leaping", and that bogus onside kick, I say two things. PAYBACK!! and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

We got our payback sending them Mcfarland :)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 17, 2007, 09:36:59 PM

Yea that too...hahahahahahahahahaha...I also just went to the Indy boards and for the most part they're all sharing tears over this one...hahahahahahaha!!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 17, 2007, 09:39:13 PM

+ we get their 2nd rounder

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 17, 2007, 09:39:27 PM

They're very complimentary of June.  They do acknowledge, as we all have, his tackling issues but most feel it's somthing he'll correct.  One guy I saw said something to the effect of if June can go anywhere else and contribute immediately at his Pro Bowl level, it's Tampa.

He doesn't fit all defensive systems due to size, but he's perfect for this style.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 17, 2007, 09:55:45 PM

Funny, the haters complain about age and lack of D, we make this move and they just ignore it.

Oh no, Ether, some of them haven't ignored it.  They just choose to accentuate his negatives and not his positives.  They gotta find something wrong.  He's a young FA, a defensive player, got a solid but not overpaying contract.  It's really hard to find negatives but they will.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ***Breaking News**Cato June 3 year 12million deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools