Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: one less thing to worry about in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
: March 17, 2007, 03:25:55 PM

with the signing of Cato June we dont need to draft a linebacker

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 17, 2007, 03:29:16 PM

I don't know, if we have a chance on Buster Davis we should get him. He can play all three LB positions and he's smart, fast, and strong. The total package. I haven't seen any mocks lately, so I'm not sure where he's projected.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : March 17, 2007, 03:36:43 PM

You're right we don't need to draft a linebacker.  We have Brooks, Nece, Quarles, Winborn, Ruud, June, and Chukurah.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : March 17, 2007, 03:39:33 PM

I don't know, if we have a chance on Buster Davis we should get him. He can play all three LB positions and he's smart, fast, and strong. The total package. I haven't seen any mocks lately, so I'm not sure where he's projected.
No offense BucJam, but we only have 6 picks, I've read about 40 posts of players you say we should draft...lol

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 17, 2007, 03:43:06 PM

I never thought we should draft a LB the spots we should look at are- DL,OL,Both Safety spots,WR and CB.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 17, 2007, 03:43:58 PM

Like who? CJ, JT, Buster Davis and Reggie Nelson are the ONLY names I have ever typed on here. So where you coming from?

msakaniwa

Starter

#6 : March 17, 2007, 03:57:10 PM

We don't need another lb at this point I don't think.  Cj will improve our receiving core, or JT our oline with the 4th pick.  Kalil if he's there at 35 will improve another problem area on the line.  The rest of the picks need to go to the dline and maybe a safety in the 4th round.  IMVHO Gru and Allen have done a great job sifting through a weak fa group filling holes to allow us to take best player available in the draft.  ex.  we don't NEED CJ or JT this year, but both would be impact players for years to come for us.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 17, 2007, 04:06:20 PM

You're right we don't need to draft a linebacker. We have Brooks, Nece, Quarles, Winborn, Ruud, June, and Chukurah.

We typically only keep 6 LB's on a 53 man roster.  Right now we've got 7 and if Q-Ball retires we'll still have to bring in a MLB -either through free agency or draft, leaving 1 guy the odd man out [unless one of those folks can slide into the middle].   Anyone see Neece, Winborn or Chuk as someone who could play inside - behind Ruud of course?

msakaniwa

Starter

#8 : March 17, 2007, 04:10:59 PM

What about Cash and Mallard?  I know both are great on st, but listed as lbs...  Cash may surprise some people as mlb depth.  We shall see in preseason :)

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#9 : March 17, 2007, 04:13:01 PM

Like who? CJ, JT, Buster Davis and Reggie Nelson are the ONLY names I have ever typed on here. So where you coming from?

I would LOVE those picks, especially Reggie Nelson.....but im an biased on my opinion!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 17, 2007, 04:15:27 PM

I like Reggie Nelson at 2a but I don't think he'll be there.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 17, 2007, 04:17:29 PM

I think June will play saftey

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : March 17, 2007, 04:30:51 PM

I think June will play saftey

I hope June will play saftey.  Even if he does, LB isn't one of our biggest concerns and needs in the draft.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 17, 2007, 04:31:50 PM

I know the Colts were interested in re-signing him to play WLB, so I can't see why he would sign here if it wasn't to play LB.  AND if it is truly a "big" contract, I don't see how the team would sign him to "potentially" play Safety.  Nobody knows how he'll play at safety since he hasn't since college.  That would be a huge gamble.  I still think he's here to play LB. - BUT ya never know.

msakaniwa

Starter

#14 : March 17, 2007, 04:34:27 PM

I agree BT, he'll be able come right in, go to work and make an immediate impact right away.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: one less thing to worry about in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools