Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MOVED: CHANGES TO PR MESSAGE BOARDS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

obuc

Starter

#15 : September 14, 2010, 11:20:27 AM

Whatever happened to "functionality" ? Do we really need all the eye candy to the point where it loads slow, its hard to find things and looks all spaced out?

I'm curious if this is a Linux based template.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 14, 2010, 11:32:26 AM

obuc wrote:
I'm curious if this is a Linux based template.

Just what exactly would the OS of the web server have to do with the layout? These things are completely unrelated.

If you are curious though, the site is using a Content management System named JOOMLA. The forums are a JOOMLA component called Kunena. The back end is a LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Php).

Bear in mind that JOOMLA is just a CMS. CSS based templates can be applied to make it look however you want, so just remember that design and functionality are completely separated in this type of model.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#17 : September 14, 2010, 12:22:02 PM

This new site sucks, this is exactly what I expected for $10 a year!!!! PR you are failing.....no renewal for me

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 14, 2010, 12:27:50 PM

Not at all concerned about speed, right now.

That is correctable.

Am only concerned about the layout of the message boards and easy accessibility and usage. That's where the action is.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 14, 2010, 12:29:15 PM

Not at all concerned about speed, right now.

That is correctable.

Am only concerned about the layout of the message boards and easy accessibility and usage. That's where the action is.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 14, 2010, 02:01:10 PM

I'm not diggin this new format either.

http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Good solid Bucs section.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : September 14, 2010, 02:02:15 PM

I find it interesting that other site mentioned here has many new members from this site today.   That should tell PR all it needs to know about the current new format and what people think of it.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 14, 2010, 06:02:27 PM

dilfer12 wrote:
I find it interesting that other site mentioned here has many new members from this site today.   That should tell PR all it needs to know about the current new format and what people think of it.

Good point.

Maybe if a member of the staff would at least respond to all of this (verbally), people wouldn't be so upset.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 14, 2010, 06:29:18 PM

You have a nice board, Incognito.  Very easy to read, unlike this one.  If PR's doesn't change, I'm sure you'll get many, many posters heading there.  I read Uncle Stan's leading the way.   :lol:

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 14, 2010, 06:31:12 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
You have a nice board, Incognito.  Very easy to read, unlike this one.  If PR's doesn't change, I'm sure you'll get many, many posters heading there.  I read Uncle Stan's leading the way.   :lol:

Thanks, Biggs.

AcuraT

Starter

#25 : September 15, 2010, 04:04:48 PM

I admit, I was never a huge user of this site but i was pretty regular in visiting  and commenting.  Since the redeisgn and the constant, "This page uses a font that needs to be installed to view it, do you permit it?" keeps popping up on three machines, I have had about enough.  I have been using Incognito's site which is much better, and with nearly the same number of people viewing now, it is obvious I am not the only one thinking this site has gone downhill a lot in just a few days.  It has now been nearly half a week since the upgrade, and many of the concerns still exist (cannot stay logged in, post boards are huge (with a lot of blank space beneath, see below this message...), the red/white contrast kils the eyes - the list goes on.

Fact is, the numbers are showing it - usage is down already as before this upgrade I would see 30 + on this site.  Now with less than 20, 33% are missing after three days - my guess is they are the ones I see on the other site.  

I hope this improves soon...

lowlife

Starter

#26 : September 15, 2010, 04:07:12 PM

Pretty sure by "slow" he was referring to the activity level of the board, not the load times. I have no problems with the load times and like the new layout, dig the Facebook ripoff taskbar  for convenience sake.

This board is pretty slow when it comes to post count and interesting threads.
tbaybucs.com has a few of the members from the old official Bulletin Board, but is also pretty slow.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 15, 2010, 04:18:37 PM

The official Buccaneers website is announcing they will have their forums open this fall.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 15, 2010, 11:25:19 PM

SepeBucs wrote:
The official Buccaneers website is announcing they will have their forums open this fall.

From what I understand though, its gonna be an NFL board with a section for each team.

#29 : September 16, 2010, 09:55:44 AM

catid=2&id=1249829
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MOVED: CHANGES TO PR MESSAGE BOARDS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools