Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

« : March 17, 2007, 10:05:52 PM »

It looks like things are falling into place for us to draft CJ #1, but after that do you think we go C or DE with 2A? It sounds like Kalil will be gone before we pick, so the top C available will be Beekman. I'm not sure who the top DE will be at that point, does anyone know much about Bauzin and would 2a be to high for him? Personally, I'd like to see us go CJ, Charles Johnson, Rouse, Marcus Thomas and Dan Moses with our 4th. What do you all think?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 17, 2007, 10:08:50 PM »

I'd rather go safety at 2A, preferebly Merriweather.  The other option is to go with DE Charles Johnson at 2A and grab one of the other safeties (good draft for safeties this year) like Weddle, Rouse, or Wendling at 2B.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 17, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »

I agree with MarleyMon,I would go with Meriweather. I would want to go Meriweather S and Tim Crowder DE at 35 and 64.. Than at 68 I would go with Samson Satele the center from Hawii

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dm4bucs

Starter
« #3 : March 17, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »

Id agree with the merriweather unless spencer slips out of the first round then i go DE...but merriweather seems to be the better value over charles johnson and is getting knocked down mostly b/c two stud safeties in front of him and the fighting incident at miami

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 17, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

Kirwin was saying the other day that another problem with UM players is that they all insist on working out at the U and many teams are getting fed up with them not being in the offseason program. Kirwin even went so far as to say that most teams if they have a guy from the U and another guy rated equally, they will take the other guy.

« #5 : March 17, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

I'd rather go safety at 2A, preferebly Merriweather.

If we get real lucky Michael Griffin might slip into the 2nd round.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 17, 2007, 10:42:38 PM »

I'd rather go safety at 2A, preferebly Merriweather.

If we get real lucky Michael Griffin might slip into the 2nd round.
That would be great, but Jacksonville lost Grant so that might kill the chance their.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dm4bucs

Starter
« #7 : March 17, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »

That would be great, but Jacksonville lost Grant so that might kill the chance their.

I agree with that but i see Nelson being there for jacksonville, but if not they probably will take griffin...i also see griffin going to chicago if he gets past jax, since chicago lost 2 safeties in FA and brown has been injury prone...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 17, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »

I agree with that but i see Nelson being there for jacksonville, but if not they probably will take griffin...i also see griffin going to chicago if he gets past jax, since chicago lost 2 safeties in FA and brown has been injury prone...
We need to trade with the Jagz then!or go do something diff Trade right here
#64 and #68 for #38.
#35. Meriweather
#38. Anthony Spencer

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
« #9 : March 17, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »

DAMN what a day it would be to add our franchise receiver with Calvin Johnson in 1st round then to draft our franchise safety with Brandon Merriweather and if we could add with the 2B- Quietin Moses DE and with our 3rd Pick up Samson Stalete and 4th Marcus Thomas and 5th Matt Speath TE 6TH Yamon Figures we get our Kick Returner
if would be  beautiful if Jake Plummer wanted to play we could trade him for a 3rd and pick up Micheal Bush or trade that pick to Detriot for our franchise DT Shaun Rodgers.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 17, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »

DAMN what a day it would be to add our franchise receiver with Calvin Johnson in 1st round then to draft our franchise safety with Brandon Merriweather and if we could add with the 2B- Quietin Moses DE and with our 3rd Pick up Samson Stalete and 4th Marcus Thomas and 5th Matt Speath TE 6TH Yamon Figures we get our Kick Returner
if would be  beautiful if Jake Plummer wanted to play we could trade him for a 3rd and pick up Micheal Bush or trade that pick to Detriot for our franchise DT Shaun Rodgers.
I like your thinking

« #11 : March 18, 2007, 12:54:31 AM »

My perfect day 1 draft would be
#4-Calvin Johnson WR
 Round 2-
2a-Ryan Kalil C
2b-Eric Weddle S/CB
Round 3-
Marcus Thomas DT

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
« #12 : March 18, 2007, 01:07:55 AM »

1 calvin johnson
2 brandon merriweather
2 quietin moses
3 samson stalete
4 marcus thomas
5 matt speath
6 yamon figures
7 oscar lua

with th outsid e chance we trade jake plummer for a 3rd rounder and pickup micheal bush

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #13 : March 18, 2007, 01:48:12 AM »

I think we go, Offense (WR or Tackle), then Safety, Then DE, Then DT, then maybe some little odds and ends

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 18, 2007, 02:20:54 AM »

I hope we pick at least 2 day one DEs

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Draft? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools