Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heart attack game « previous next »
Page: 1

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: October 22, 2006, 06:17:54 PM

The look on McNabb's face was one to freeze for all time. Still, much respect to him and I certainly would take him to play on the Bucs at any time. What's even more priceless is the looks on all the Eagles fans' faces when that kick went through. So all of you who were at the game and had Eagles fans by you, tell us what their faces looked like when that ball crossed through the uprights!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 05:44:26 PM

My heart was fluttering on that Bryant kick. My knees were knocking, and I had to sit down and drink some water. I stood up and watched the attempt, but I was actually getting light-headed. If the Steelers weren't also 2-4, I'd say we were the best 2-4 team out there right now. I would like to see situations where they don't have to rely on 'miracles' at the end of games to win, but they've actually been very enjoyable to watch (not just from a Buccaneers fan's standpoint but also from a football fan's standpoint). I don't think the luck will last before it comes back to either bite us or force us to find another way to stay in the game, but these past two weeks have been fun to watch! Whether it lasts or not, I am proud of this football team. They have been in situations where they could easily fold their cards, but they kept playing. My mind isn't even on the play-offs. The play-offs are down the road, and it will take a lot of 'this and thats' to make it. Therefore, I'm just enjoying every game.  :) When we got home, I took my blood pressure. I need to stay away from Raymond James unless I bring my own paramedics.  ;)

zed

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 22, 2006, 05:47:51 PM

You bleed pewter my friend!!!  Every true Buc fan surely was about to get a heart attack on that kick, but then again, who would have thought it even had a chance?  It probably would have even been more nerve-wrecking if it was only a 40 yard field goal, because the chances would probably be about fifty-fifty.  But that 62 yarder, that was a once in a lifetime kick, that you'll probably never ever see again!!! You've gotta love it!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 22, 2006, 05:48:35 PM

My heart was fluttering on that Bryant kick. My knees were knocking, and I had to sit down and drink some water. I stood up and watched the attempt, but I was actually getting light-headed. If the Steelers weren't also 2-4, I'd say we were the best 2-4 team out there right now. I would like to see situations where they don't have to rely on 'miracles' at the end of games to win, but they've actually been very enjoyable to watch (not just from a Buccaneers fan's standpoint but also from a football fan's standpoint). I don't think the luck will last before it comes back to either bite us or force us to find another way to stay in the game, but these past two weeks have been fun to watch! Whether it lasts or not, I am proud of this football team. They have been in situations where they could easily fold their cards, but they kept playing. My mind isn't even on the play-offs. The play-offs are down the road, and it will take a lot of 'this and thats' to make it. Therefore, I'm just enjoying every game. :) When we got home, I took my blood pressure. I need to stay away from Raymond James unless I bring my own paramedics. ;)

WORD!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 22, 2006, 05:50:46 PM

Its the same thing every week, every year. I think the Bucs are solely resposible for my hyperytension and any cardiac disease i may have now or in the future. Ill keep my litigation options open LOL

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2006, 05:51:38 PM

I'm a 43-year-old man. I've got four kids; from 8-18. I can't have a heart attack over a football game.  ;D "How'd your daddy die, Anthony?" "He was a Bucs fan."  ;)

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 05:55:20 PM

I was sitting back in my own recliner with my ice tea beside me, surround sound on, Air condition house. When he went for the kick and made it I had jumped up with both arms outstretch to the sky and yelled yes. Needless to say my wife was in the other room turned to me looked at me like I scared the living stuffing out of her and I realized at that moment That it wasn't me who made the kick but Matt Bryant. Then I started bragging on him. I am very proud of the come through VICTORY!!!! Way to go bucs.....OBD ;D

STERN11354

Starter

#7 : October 22, 2006, 06:05:49 PM

Are we going to need to find a kicker on the waiver wire with everyone jumping on top of Bryant at the end of the game?  I sure hope the guy isn't hurt.  Man what a kick.  I'll be honest and say I figured it would bounce at the goal but I was definitely was praying for it too be good since there was an Eagles fan behind me kept saying, "the Bucs suck!!!".  Thank you Mr. Bryant.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 22, 2006, 06:11:28 PM

I truly thought he had no chance of making it. I even said they had a better chance of throwing a hail mary and was thinking how nice it would have been to have Stovall activated for it. Even as he kicked it I kept thinking it would come up short. I couldn't believe it when the refs signaled good. The best though was seeing McNabbs face after the kick. He's probably still puking!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Heart attack game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools