Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Colts' fans are saying about Cato June signing « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

: March 18, 2007, 12:17:18 AM

I was ecstatic at this signing, and I went on an Indy BB to see what the Colts' fans think, and they are overwhelmingly disappointed to lose June.  http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=17952

One quote: :

Well, to all the people on the board that say some of us don't think losing players is a big deal:

This one actually hurts. I don't think Cato June will be as easy to replace as Harper and Rhodes. His coverage skills will be sorely missed and I expect his replacement (Keiaho? Hagler? A rookie?) to struggle in the position, at least for the start of the season.

Losing Cato is different than losing past linebackers like Washington and Thornton. I just think he was a big part of why the pass defense has been pretty good the last few years.

I've never been extremely impressed with Cato June as a tackler, but the guy could stay with most tight ends and receivers in coverage and that's where he'll be missed the most.

I wish him luck in Tampa Bay. I'm glad that he went to a team that will actually be able to utilize his skills properly, instead of a team like the Giants who may have used him as a blitzer, which would have been a mistake given his size.

Given the loss, I really hope Polian drafts a linebacker. I wish that even more so now than I did before Cato left. It's clearly the most glaring need on the team at this point."

;D

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 18, 2007, 12:23:31 AM

Fair Assessment. Although overall talent wise I don't think June is like the linebackers who have gotten out of Indy before like Peterson or Washington.

#2 : March 18, 2007, 12:28:00 AM

June could be great here. Kiffin is a great coach and I dont think he really had one like him in Indy. If he learns how to become a better tacker, we really have something special.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 18, 2007, 01:32:02 AM

Speaking of bad tackling, Last year was the first time in a long time I was depressed at how bad our defense tackled.  It was unbelievable how bad it was from game to game.

Hopefully that gets fixed this year and we will be a top 10 defense again.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#4 : March 18, 2007, 01:33:25 AM

Speaking of bad tackling, Last year was the first time in a long time I was depressed at how bad our defense tackled.  It was unbelievable how bad it was from game to game.

I couldnt agree more... that Brian Wesbrook TD run summed up the season for the defense.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 18, 2007, 01:37:29 AM

That, and the Reggie Bush punt return that was shown on ESPN about 50 times that same week.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : March 18, 2007, 01:45:42 AM

That, and the Reggie Bush punt return that was shown on ESPN about 50 times that same week.
yea... that really pissed me off too lol... damn flash back...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 18, 2007, 02:02:16 AM

That's why I don't watch ESPN. They are all about showing a guy off who only made two game changing plays all season. The punt return against us, and that crazy flat route he ran against Chicago in the NFC Champ Game. So far reggie Bush looks like a guy who will never learn how to be an inside guy, and when Duece starts to break down they'll look elsewhere because Bush is all hype and ticket sales right now, yet when it comes to a new contract it becomes about prodution and he just ain't gonna have it. Although he did catch alot of balls last season don't expect that to comtinue as the NFL goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I'm gonna take out your knees. The more film and prep the opponent has the less he's catching passes outside, thus leaving his nemisis, the middle. Reggie Bust as RB.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

edwamil83

Starter
#8 : March 18, 2007, 02:06:08 AM

Speaking of bad tackling, Last year was the first time in a long time I was depressed at how bad our defense tackled. It was unbelievable how bad it was from game to game.

Maybe its just me but I have noticed for about 4 years now we have not gang tackled like we use to.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 18, 2007, 02:55:25 AM

Maybe its just me but I have noticed for about 4 years now we have not gang tackled like we use to.

I wouldn't say 4 years.   I do believe the loss of Lynch was huge.   But the tackling has been pretty solid until this year.   The year before, they were damn tough so we ended up making the playoffs.

#10 : March 18, 2007, 03:38:31 AM

That's why I don't watch ESPN. They are all about showing a guy off who only made two game changing plays all season. The punt return against us, and that crazy flat route he ran against Chicago in the NFC Champ Game. So far reggie Bush looks like a guy who will never learn how to be an inside guy, and when Duece starts to break down they'll look elsewhere because Bush is all hype and ticket sales right now, yet when it comes to a new contract it becomes about prodution and he just ain't gonna have it. Although he did catch alot of balls last season don't expect that to comtinue as the NFL goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I'm gonna take out your knees. The more film and prep the opponent has the less he's catching passes outside, thus leaving his nemisis, the middle. Reggie Bust as RB.

I don't agree with that at all. I believe the same was said about Tiki and Westbrook early in their careers. Speed kills and Bush  most definitely has it. This guy in open field is hell. And he seemed to gain more patience as a rybber later in the season. I don't ever see him as a 20+ carry guy but used the way he was this season, he'll be very productive. The guy makes plays... you can't deny that..

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : March 18, 2007, 03:46:46 AM

Reggie doing that sommersault into the endzone was 'Bush' league.

#12 : March 18, 2007, 03:54:15 AM

Reggie doing that sommersault into the endzone was 'Bush' league.

I wish our top 5 draft pick could find the endzone. Hell, Bush has seen the endzone more than Caddy already!!!!!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : March 18, 2007, 03:58:45 AM

But you don't sommersault in---that's grandstanding!

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 18, 2007, 04:08:01 AM

There have been so many Bucs games over the years with no offensive TDs, hell, if he were a Buc, I wouldn't  care if he parachuted into the end zone!  The kid was just happy, I bet.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Colts' fans are saying about Cato June signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools