Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What did June get paid? « previous next »
Page: 1

HeyTampaBay

Starter

: March 18, 2007, 11:01:08 AM

I've seen comments about how Cato Junewas caught at a good price in other threads, but I haven't actually seen any numbers, so I was just wondering. Does anybody know????? thanks!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 18, 2007, 11:06:29 AM

What ESPN is saying is 3 years and over 12 million. The over part scares me. Hopefully it's just over so that it would be close to $4 million a year.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : March 18, 2007, 11:08:37 AM

That is a fairly modest deal. He could have got much more in this market, I would expect.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#3 : March 18, 2007, 11:10:23 AM

You're probably right, OptionMasta. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, if ESPN is correct that is.

and thanks for the info kodiak

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 18, 2007, 11:15:31 AM

Being a 3 year deal, he probably didn't get a huge bonus. That would mean if he is a bust (I highly doubt he will be worse than Nece) then we just cut him after a year or two. If he plays well, then we might have Brooks' replacement already. If he's not good enough then at least we upgraded out strong side LB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#5 : March 18, 2007, 11:18:48 AM

$4 million a year is less than the market value for a starting safety in this FA.   It doesn't really matter how June pans out with a deal like that........no risk and all reward....I love Bruce Allen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 18, 2007, 12:05:56 PM

The comment was that we would likely have to revisit the deal before year 3, meaning it is probably a tryout deal with a small year one and a large roster bonus next year.  Similar to the deals for Gold and Griese, I imagine. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What did June get paid? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools