Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How well do you think the defense line played? « previous next »
Page: 1

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

: October 22, 2006, 06:29:14 PM

Better without Booger McInvisible

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 06:26:37 PM

The d-line played alright. A tiny bit of pressure, RIce was making McNizzle thow quicker than he wanted to.......C

simms22

Second String

#2 : October 22, 2006, 06:27:26 PM

Im sorry but rice is producing anywhere close to enough for make 7 mill a year.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#3 : October 22, 2006, 06:07:45 PM

Take in consideration this was the number 1 offense in the league. I know wyms got a sack but i woul like to see more disruption. What are your opinions?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 22, 2006, 06:14:04 PM

For the record, the defense played really well in the first half. In the second half, the defense as a whole, sans Barber, played subpar. As for the line, throughout the game, there were a couple of times where the line showed pressure and should have gotten sacks and there were times the line got handled by the iggles' o-line.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 22, 2006, 06:14:28 PM

Other than Wyms, no pressure on the QB. White almost had McNabb once but Hovan ran into him. THe play against the run was bad but I'm not sure that doesn't have a lot more to do with how bad our linebackers are. I think all 3 are now below average and I just don't see that aggressiveness from Ruud that a middle linebacker needs to have.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 06:33:35 PM

The officials refused to throw a flag on several glaring instances of holding, including what appeared to be a tackle by Runyan. That hurt the pressure somewhat. However, we focused on the DL and I will tell you quite honestly: as much as I like Simeon Rice and as good as he has been for this defense in the past, out there today with a few exceptions, he simply wasn't doing enough or playing up to his capabilities. He was doubled some, but singled a lot as well, and there were times it looked like he was simply giving up on trying to get to the QB.

He's not getting it done.

There was some better push up the middle from the DT's at times.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 22, 2006, 06:38:46 PM

The officials refused to throw a flag on several glaring instances of holding, including what appeared to be a tackle by Runyan. That hurt the pressure somewhat. However, we focused on the DL and I will tell you quite honestly: as much as I like Simeon Rice and as good as he has been for this defense in the past, out there today with a few exceptions, he simply wasn't doing enough or playing up to his capabilities. He was doubled some, but singled a lot as well, and there were times it looked like he was simply giving up on trying to get to the QB.

He's not getting it done.

There was some better push up the middle from the DT's at times.
Good point.  Our D got away wth a lot when we were tops, and the Iggles got away with alot now that their O is TOps.
Rice sucked today.
Overall D was solid against a good ofensive team.  I'll give em a pass in the last quarter as they got Jack help from the O and spent a Helluva lotta time on the field today.  Not perfect, not what we've been used to for years, but still a solid defensive performance by NFL standards.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 22, 2006, 06:48:17 PM

i actually thoughtfrom a pass rushing standpoint the d-line did ok.  Rice had a few near misses and they chased Mcnabb out of the pocke a few times, unfortunately, thats when he made us pay with his scrambling.  on the first TD pass Mcnabb escaped the grasp of both Rice and White to throw the TD.    as far as run defense, Philly rushing for over 200 yards speaks for itself.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2006, 07:35:03 PM

Not as well as I would have liked.  Not nearly enough pressure/disruption out of the front four.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 22, 2006, 07:41:11 PM

White was held several times by Runyan.  Overall the d-line was physically dominated.  The Bucs need to get bigger next year on the d-line.   The Dungy/Kiffin lineman philosophy is way over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How well do you think the defense line played? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools