Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ to Raiders? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 18, 2007, 12:25:50 PM

If CJ and Thomas are both gone and the Bucs cannot trade down, I'd just select from Okoye or Adams with my personal choice being Okoye.  Guy has the potential to be a disruptive force from the UT position, something we haven't had in Warren.

If CJ and TJ are off the board, Okoye at #4 seems fairly likely.

#16 : March 18, 2007, 12:30:33 PM

MJS, I know Cadillac had a down year last year, but don't you think calling the running game an unknown is a bit of a stretch? In fact, I'd say its one of this teams strengths.

#17 : March 18, 2007, 12:31:06 PM

Also, I'd say we finally have some stability at the QB position with Garcia in the fold.

klb55

Starter

#18 : March 18, 2007, 12:31:49 PM

I say trade down and acquire more picks.  We need to pick up a UT, DE, Safety, Center, and WR.  This is a deep draft and there will be some very good football players in the latter part of round 1, round 2 and 3.  

Trade down, trade down, trade down……blah blah blah……real damned easy to say but a whole lot harder to do. Your logic is there will be good players available in rounds 2 & 3 with the extra pick(s)………so why would any team trade away those picks……are they just not as smart as the Buccs or something. ??? :o ::)

I guess you haven't watched previous drafts.  Many teams have traded down due to the fact another team covets a particular player.  Some teams have one glaring need and other teams have multiple needs.  It's not really that difficult to figure out.

#19 : March 18, 2007, 12:32:53 PM

MJS, I know Cadillac had a down year last year, but don't you think calling the running game an unknown is a bit of a stretch? In fact, I'd say its one of this teams strengths.

A RB that can’t catch and can’t block is not going to set the NFL on fire in a WCO.  When Caddy is in there for 3rd downs and performs like he did in his first 4 games we can say our running game is set.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 18, 2007, 12:33:00 PM

If CJ and TJ are off the board, Okoye at #4 seems fairly likely.

There might be more whining than when we selected Joseph at #23 last year. ;D

Personally I'm at Thomas, CJ, Okoye, and Adams.

That may be a little high, but by draft time who knows what his stock will look like.  Look at Carriker.  Guy went from high 2nd rounder, to mid 1st rounder, to top 10 pick in one mock I saw yesterday.  Sometimes a team just can't trade down as easy as we talk about it.  In that case, stay true to your board as McKay always said, and pick your next best available player.  If that's Okoye for the Bucs, make the pick and move on.

#21 : March 18, 2007, 12:37:44 PM

But then again, catching and blocking are part of the passing game aren't they. I believe running the ball is a seperate entity.

#22 : March 18, 2007, 12:37:54 PM

I say trade down and acquire more picks.  We need to pick up a UT, DE, Safety, Center, and WR.  This is a deep draft and there will be some very good football players in the latter part of round 1, round 2 and 3. 

Trade down, trade down, trade down……blah blah blah……real damned easy to say but a whole lot harder to do. Your logic is there will be good players available in rounds 2 & 3 with the extra pick(s)………so why would any team trade away those picks……are they just not as smart as the Buccs or something. ??? :o ::)

I guess you haven't watched previous drafts.  Many teams have traded down due to the fact another team covets a particular player.  Some teams have one glaring need and other teams have multiple needs.  It's not really that difficult to figure out.

What a lame response.   ::)  So which players are teams going to be coveting if CJ and JT are off the board.  If it is a QBthey want why trade up to 4th when teams at 5th and 6th don't need a QB.

We hear this trade down talk every year from practically every team’s fans, and over the years there are relatively few trades.  I want to trade down and get an extra pick, but it probably isn’t going to happen.

#23 : March 18, 2007, 12:39:23 PM

But then again, catching and blocking are part of the passing game aren't they. I believe running the ball is a seperate entity.

LMAO

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 18, 2007, 12:50:39 PM

Guessing the Bucs draft board I say it looks like this:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Jemarcus Russell
4. Brady Quinn
5. Adam Carricker
6. Amobi Okoye
7. Adrian Peterson
8. Gaines Adams
9.  Jamaal Anderson
10. Levi Brown

klb55

Starter

#25 : March 18, 2007, 12:52:46 PM

I say trade down and acquire more picks.  We need to pick up a UT, DE, Safety, Center, and WR.  This is a deep draft and there will be some very good football players in the latter part of round 1, round 2 and 3.  

I guess you haven't watched previous drafts.  Many teams have traded down due to the fact another team covets a particular player.  Some teams have one glaring need and other teams have multiple needs.  It's not really that difficult to figure out.

What a lame response.   ::)  So which players are teams going to be coveting if CJ and JT are off the board.  If it is a QBthey want why trade up to 4th when teams at 5th and 6th don't need a QB.

We hear this trade down talk every year from practically every team’s fans, and over the years there are relatively few trades.  I want to trade down and get an extra pick, but it probably isn’t going to happen.

I've not been informed of all the teams boards or who they covet.  It's possible that a team wants to trade to 4 because they want to ensure they get their guy.  I never said that it would probably happen but I think it is a good possibility to explore.  I'd be happy if they stay put at 4 and pick the top player on their board.  I'm not sure why you're so upset about somebody expressing an opinion about trading down but it certainly won't stop me from posting my thoughts.  Based on your posts about the O-line, I suspect your upset we won't get J.T.  Get over it.

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#26 : March 18, 2007, 12:58:52 PM

that does not mean anything

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#27 : March 18, 2007, 12:59:10 PM

calvin is coming to tampa

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

bryan12112

Starter

#28 : March 18, 2007, 01:01:04 PM

I like Luke Petitgout, but I still want Joe Thomas if he's there. Petitgout could then be moved to the inside to compete at LG. We know Washington was looking at him for that position, so it's definitely a possible spot for him. It would be incredible going into training camp with Thomas, Petitgout, Buenning and Davis competing on the left side. You won't see me complaining if we end up with someone else, though. I like Calvin Johnson a whole lot and the defensive players at #4 will be great too.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 18, 2007, 01:13:53 PM

Ok, then we draft Gaines Adams

No big deal...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ to Raiders? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools