Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ to Raiders? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #30 : March 18, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »

Maybe we'll do what we should have from the start and draft Quinn. I have a feeling Oakland is just trying to pit Russell vs. Johnson to lower their contract demands.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 18, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

The only guy I am sold on is Calvin Johnson in this draft and maybe Okoye. The others, I am not sold on. I would be disappointed if we ended up with anyone but those 2.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #32 : March 18, 2007, 02:03:15 PM »

MJS, clearly folks are catching you at a bad time in March  ::)  had about enough of the draft conversations?  Still a pretty decent wait to go through.  LOL  It is gonna get worse not better.  

klb55 - anything is possible during the draft.  I have watched a team miss their turn two years in a row - it can happen.  But watching one or more teams trade down from a 1-7 choice this year would be really remarkable.

Oakland is crazy - who know what doddering Al Davis will command?  They need a qb and have two pretty darn good wrs, so folks have them trading a receiver to get a qb who is nobody, as opposed to keeping a great wr and picking the best qb in the draft.

Detroit has it's own version of Davis in Millen - and he is using tarot cards combined with inherent stupidity.  Hell, that guy could go kick holder - but I think Marinelli and Martz are not so dumb, and Millen will spend the day in the closet.  But if he gets out....

Cleveland needs a Running Back and the selection of Romeo Crennel is forcing the team to win now as the FO thinks they have the right guy, but Cleveland fans want to win - now.  Now if they could get the black cloud out from over their team..... those guys have had a streak of bad luck - well it the kind of stuff legends are make of...

And then the bucs, so many know what they should do, and tell they have figured out all of the permutations.  Okay, so how many picked Clayton, Caddy and Davin over the past three years.  Caddy was the 50/50 shot, it was gonna be a Williams.  But Clayton and Davin - if you got those 2 let me know what is gonna happen this year.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucLord

Starter

« #33 : March 18, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »

The only thing I think that matters is this

Calvin Johnson to me is a little better prospect than Russell although I compare them both to become equally dominating in the NFL

However, theres a big difference in what a team has to pay for the #1 overall pick. Calvin Johnson will not cost the Raiders as much as Russell

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 18, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

I think the Raiders will go for Russell when it comes right down to it. You can fill that team up with WRs, but who's going to throw the ball? They need a QB more than anything. That's why practically every mock to this point has them going with Russell

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 18, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

its funny how speculation gets talked about and everyone starts to believe it

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rockowpb

Rookie

« #36 : March 18, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »

If CJ and Thomas are both gone and the Bucs cannot trade down, I'd just select from Okoye or Adams with my personal choice being Okoye. Guy has the potential to be a disruptive force from the UT position, something we haven't had in Warren.

Normally I agree with you on almost everything you say, but on this I disagree. If JT and CJ are off the board you have to go with the remaining QB. Both these guys are worthy of being a #1 pick and they just don't come along very often. We are in a great position in this draft. This draft has 4 players that would be the #1 pick in most other drafts. All we have to do is see which one falls to us. Its a no lose for us, unless we do something foolish.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 18, 2007, 05:42:02 PM »

Wouldn't go into a funk if they drafted a QB at #4 either rock.  If I had my choice of the two it would be Quinn since IMO he's the one that seems to have the tools that transfer better to the NFL than Russell.  A QB might also signal that Gruden has more time and rope than some are giving him.  A franchise QB is something we haven't had since Doug Williams in the mid 70's.  Would be great to hit on another one.  If CJ and Thomas are gone, I'd be just as elated with Quinn as I would Okoye.

Basically since the top of this draft is so strong, I don't think any of us will be greatly disappointed in the Bucs selection.  We all have our favs and the one or two guys we really want the Bucs to draft but we're going to get a great player regardless of position.

nflinsider

Starter

« #38 : March 18, 2007, 11:16:26 PM »

From PFT

POSTED 11:03 a.m. EDT, March 17, 2007

RAIDERS FOCUSED ON JOHNSON?

There's increasing talk in league circles that the Oakland Raiders are planning to select receiver Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

Johnson is the best prospect that we've ever seen. He's big, he's strong, he can jump, he's blazing fast, he has soft hands, and he's not a butthole.

Beyond the fact that Calvin is everything that Randy Moss ever was, and at least one key thing Moss isn't, the simple reality is that the Raiders surely want to turn it around sooner rather than later, given the advancing age and declining health of owner Al Davis.

And Johnson is in a much better position to make an instant impact than quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Of course, Johnson can't be added until Moss is long gone. And, preferably, Jerry Porter, too. Why risk letting either of these malcontents infect a guy who is, for now, the rare exception to the rule that receivers generally are pains in ass.

[/quote

MARK IT DOWN....The Raiders will take Russell with the first pick! They have a great receiver in Moss that aint been so great because they have no one to get him the ball. They need a QB BAD and I just dont see a scenario where they pass up Russell.
I am hoping this is a little pre-draft chum in the waters to draw up some interest in a move up.

If Jon really had the hots for Calvin, the Raiders could trade down with us and still probably get Russell at 4.

Although, I don't think the Bucs will take the bait.

If Johnson is gone, we can continue to work on the defense....or trade down and pick up some more picks.

I want CJ badly and I believe he could be the final piece to the Buccaneer offensive puzzle - a guy with young Randy Moss talent and a Marvin Harrison attitude...

But if we can't get him, we can't get him. I just don't want to see Atlanta make a move up for him. They would be utterly devastating....

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #39 : March 18, 2007, 11:29:31 PM »

well if CJ and JT are gone...i think we will get Okoye...and i dont mind that one bit

mrwycka

Second String

« #40 : March 19, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »

Marley I would be happy with Okoye at 4!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 19, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »

You can sit there and type with a straight face that you think Okoye is the 4th best player in the draft? Wow, that takes some skill. Okoye at #4 is a ridiculous move and other than this board no one thinks he's the 4th best player in the land. There's some sort of collective insanity at work here that has gotten people to think that but Okoye at #4 is a massive overreach when there are gonna be several outstanding prospects still lingering about.

You figure the top tier of talent is, at worst, Russell, Thomas, Calvin, Quinn. Any of those 4 guys is epically better than Okoye and that doesn't even cover guys like Adams or Andersen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucLord

Starter

« #42 : March 19, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »

When any team picks in the top 5, it is crucial they select a "playmaker", a guy that can win a game by himself.  Regardless of need, you take the guy thats gonna make plays. I dont see any DT's in this draft real playmakers. They are the best in "This class" because they have to rank them there. I say pass on a DT, if Quinn is there at 4, ya gotta take him. Whos gonna be our QB in 2 years? We got a trash can full of sh*t there. This would be a great opportunity to take Quinn and let him learn a year and plug him in next year. We can get a DT in rd 2. We dont need to be burning a top 4 pick on any of the average DT's in this class

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #43 : March 19, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »

If CJ and JT are gone the Bucs have to take BPA unless they have someone to dance with to trade down. This draft is crazy like that, there really isn't a top defensive player, one that's worth a 4th anyway.

« #44 : March 19, 2007, 11:56:36 PM »

Okoye isnt that good and if johnson and thomas are gone we should get Adams
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ to Raiders? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools