Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about them Bucs safeties. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 22, 2006, 06:20:57 PM

They both suck! Will Allen gets the benefit of the doubt because Phillips is so bad he makes Allen look good. We need two new safety's next year. Allen can be there backup and Phillips can work concessions at the 2007 Florida/Georgia game!

simms22

Second String

#1 : October 22, 2006, 06:17:30 PM

i have alittle faith in will allen, but phillips needs to be replaced. Im hoping we can draft a top safety.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 22, 2006, 06:16:21 PM

They still suck and take bad angles, and still fail to wrap up ball carriers.

Good job chumps!

See you on the backup list next year!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 22, 2006, 06:34:53 PM

Thanks for this thread. I had posted similar thoughts in my "the bent and they broke" thread. Our safety play has been unspectacular to say the least.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2006, 06:53:38 PM

allen missed more tackles than phillips today fellas.  dont forget the sloppy tacking of our linebackers today too, including "whose you favorite player.....".  The effort on westbrooks catch and run was piss poor and Brooks deserves heat for that. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 22, 2006, 07:18:43 PM

Agreed. They both played like garbage again. Allen gets a small benefit of the doubt also because he's still young and still learning. He's still got a chance. But the Phillips project has failed miserably and he needs to be replaced. A DT and S are tops this offseason, and it's going to be exciting when we get them.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 07:20:02 PM

I like Allen and think he can be a great player. But Phillips is nothing more than a backup.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2006, 07:22:33 PM

I really liked Phillips too, but he's not playing well and not showing the improvement he needs to be making.

Fav is Ronde but he gave up on the last Westbrooke TD :( :( :(

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 22, 2006, 07:23:18 PM

Agreed. They both played like garbage again. Allen gets a small benefit of the doubt also because he's still young and still learning. He's still got a chance. But the Phillips project has failed miserably and he needs to be replaced. A DT and S are tops this offseason, and it's going to be exciting when we get them.

And who is going to replace Brooks? We're facing that situation sooner than later.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 22, 2006, 07:32:59 PM

I was hoping Winborn might be able to step up, but that might not happen. You're right, we do need another LB.

It's weird. We had Lynch/Brooks/Sapp. And now all of those exact positions are the ones that we need to fill. Time to get ahold of the next batch of guys that can attempt to fill those big shoes. This offseason may be the ushering in of a new defensive era personnel-wise

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 22, 2006, 07:33:31 PM

Should be lots of defensive picks next draft. Could use help, depth and/or replacement all over the D.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2006, 07:37:04 PM

I just watched the Westbrook TD in the high-def at home. Brooks whiffed, Bolden whiffed, Barber was just unable to make the play because he came up a little short, Allen missed, Ruud dove but missed, then here comes the guy who SHOULD have saved the TD but Jermaine Phillips absolutely BLEW the save thanks to a horrendous inability to take the right angle.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 22, 2006, 07:37:46 PM

I don't think we'd be talking about this if Brooks wraps up Westbrook.  I love the guy dearly but he is not getting it done anymore.  Yes the safeties took bad angles but Brooks had an easy wrap up and he whiffed.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 22, 2006, 07:40:19 PM

I don't think we'd be talking about this if Brooks wraps up Westbrook.  I love the guy dearly but he is not getting it done anymore.  Yes the safeties took bad angles but Brooks had an easy wrap up and he whiffed.

That's true, but safeties are called "safeties" for a reason.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 22, 2006, 08:05:00 PM

That's true, but safeties are called "safeties" for a reason.

LOL.  ;D

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about them Bucs safeties. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools